Albanese - how long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Think if Labor doesn't get in he should step down.

Do you really think his apparent gaffes are a concern as I really don't.

If you can impartially look at how he is questioned and compare it isn't a level playing field, he actually tries to answer the question (hence his gaffes) whereas the other side are unbelievably good at spin and distraction. Unless the questioner is very good, by the time they have finished, question hasn't been answered at all.

I know not the thread but have finished listening to Roberts, they are good at the spin but then again have been there with lots of practice.
At the end of the day, probably not. TBH, neither leader instils confidence. When you compare them with Hawke, Keating, Howard and Costello, something is amiss. Maybe it’s the social media scrutiny of everything our leaders do?

Think if Labor doesn't get in he should step down.

Do you really think his apparent gaffes are a concern as I really don't.

If you can impartially look at how he is questioned and compare it isn't a level playing field, he actually tries to answer the question (hence his gaffes) whereas the other side are unbelievably good at spin and distraction. Unless the questioner is very good, by the time they have finished, question hasn't been answered at all.

I know not the thread but have finished listening to Roberts, they are good at the spin but then again have been there with lots of practice.

If he loses the unloseable election he won’t be staying on!

If he loses the unloseable election he won’t be staying on!
Not so sure any more that it is the unloseable given the more than handful of people I have been speaking to.

I am back to hung parliament.

When asked on ABC News this morning about the latest unemployment figures Albo responded that Australia’s unemployment figures were only low because the international border was closed.

“Our borders are closed, Lisa. Our borders are closed,” Mr Albanese said.

We had to forgive him for not knowing what the unemployment rate was 3 weeks ago, for not knowing what the RBA cash rate was, and not knowing more than one of the 6 bullet points of his own NDIS policy. Today’s gaffe was no ”gotcha” moment; Albo was merely asked for his comment.

FYI, since the borders have reopened, over 920,000 temporary visa holders have arrived in Australia, including 442,100 visitors, 168,000 students and 90,300 temporary skilled visas...

This begs the question, does Albo actually know anything?
In short No!

That person isn't a journo. That person is a propagandist. And, sadly, there are too many of them. It's no wonder so many journalists are regarded as the pits.

Costello? FMD.
Like Keating he was an effective politician who could stand up and speak without a prompt sheet and who wasn't intimidated by anyone. You may not like his politics, but he was described as the best PM we never had

Like Keating he was an effective politician who could stand up and speak without a prompt sheet and who wasn't intimidated by anyone. You may not like his politics, but he was described as the best PM we never had
Pete would have been the one you said he was the best PM we didn't have. The fact is he was a gutless wonder who cut and ran rather than build.

He does speak well and is arrogant both of which are Keating-like. And if you follow his parliamentary style you can see he modelled it on Keating.

The key difference was Keating achieved a lot as Treasurer. Costello didn't. Unless you count selling off a large part of our gold reserves when the price was low costing the country billions an achievement.

Pete would have been the one you said he was the best PM we didn't have. The fact is he was a gutless wonder who cut and ran rather than build.

He does speak well and is arrogant both of which are Keating-like. And if you follow his parliamentary style you can see he modelled it on Keating.

The key difference was Keating achieved a lot as Treasurer. Costello didn't. Unless you count selling off a large part of our gold reserves when the price was low costing the country billions an achievement.
He didn’t engineer a recession though

He didn’t engineer a recession though

link to where keating engineered the global explosion of cheap debt and junk bonds that overheated pretty much every western economy, causing the stock market crash in 87 and ultimately the recession in 91

Lmao. Cut and run mate.

He was a gutless wonder who taxed the bejesus out of Australians at the height of prosperous times.

Took the incoming ALP to fix things up and restore our economic credentials.

Just another liberal phony.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I bet you said this about Labor's last leader and you'll say it about Labor's next leader.
Not at all I have voted Labor on some occasions such as Keating and Whitlam 3 times and state wise John Tonkin and Mark McGowan. I don't care which party gets in I just vote on who I think is the best leader at the time. This time and last time I think it's Morrison.

Not so sure any more that it is the unloseable given the more than handful of people I have been speaking to.

I am back to hung parliament.

Which will see a ALP government, so Albo still ’wins’ the election. The Fake Independents are clearly going to support him as well as the Greens.

again, this was a global recession. are you saying that Keatings policies caused the property bubble in Japan, and the collapse of the stock market in the USA?

seriously? how cooked are you???
we aren’t talking the GFC. And yes it was a global recession, just as we are experiencing a global surge in inflation at the moment. Yet Labor says that’s all the Australian government’s fault

Not at all I have voted Labor on some occasions such as Keating and Whitlam 3 times and state wise John Tonkin and Mark McGowan. I don't care which party gets in I just vote on who I think is the best leader at the time. This time and last time I think it's Morrison.
I dont know you, but if a friend told me Morrison is the best leader of the past 3-4 years , I'd ask him if his measure of leadership includes peddling dishonesty and irresponsibility when it suits.

Being perceived as strong only takes a bully. To be able to know what one is talking about if they are peddling a destructive measure without getting caught out is very superficial.

He is an actor.

Last edited:
we aren’t talking the GFC. And yes it was a global recession, just as we are experiencing a global surge in inflation at the moment. Yet Labor says that’s all the Australian government’s fault

the 90 recession was global, and youre saying it was caused by keatings policies. how?

Remove this Banner Ad

Albanese - how long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back