Alberton Footy League - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

few really rated cann's attitude when at nilma.... how did he play on saturday?

not sure what you mean about his attitude? Canny does suffer from a bit of whiteline fever and hates losing like a lot of blokes...he was kept reasonably quite on Saturday but did a few special things including one impossible goal from the boundary on the run. In round he kicked 5 goals in a side that was beaten easily and played 10 guys under 21 as coach

I do agree high pants that player payments are definitely an issue which will kill off some teams. I have read that the league is considering a points system to negate this but will see where that goes. Best 5 players... thats a tough one but I would put Brenton Byrnes (Stony) Holmes and O'Brien (K/B) Adkins (MDU) Everington (Foster) Bruns (Yarram) in the mix

Obrien (bass) Adkins (mdu) byrnes (stony) everington (foster) king (foster) they in mt opinion are the top five players in the league... I would of had russell in there but because of his Move to dalyston it has made me unsure if whether he can perform the same as he did at tarwin...

Bass pay heaps of money, always have. Its is true smith, james, attenboroughs and fitzgerald are all mates and wanted to play together but no doubt they are on a lot of $$. Just hope its worth it this year.

Why would the league that has had 4 different permiers in last 4 seasons want a points system? If stony can win a flag then I dont think there is a problem. Points system would mean teams with not many juniors would struggle cos they cant recruit big names and clubs like burra would dominate.

Its great you bait the hook jiggle it a bit and look what happens
all to serious boys.
I haven't seen more bulls***t printed since I read the Sentinal Times remember don't let the truth muck up a good story :D:D:D:D

Bass pay heaps of money, always have. Its is true smith, james, attenboroughs and fitzgerald are all mates and wanted to play together but no doubt they are on a lot of $$. Just hope its worth it this year.

Why would the league that has had 4 different permiers in last 4 seasons want a points system? If stony can win a flag then I dont think there is a problem. Points system would mean teams with not many juniors would struggle cos they cant recruit big names and clubs like burra would dominate.

clearly not on big coin the reason there playing together is proberly because they are sick off all the shit from differnt clubs, and they have high expectation with bass and all the young boys playng togther i beive bass will go good this year.
it will be toough for bass like every other year but i belive they will do very well

The best 5 players in the league are:
1. Everington (Foster)
2. Bruns (Yarram)
3. Barthomelow (Foster)
4. Russel (Dalyston)
5. O'Brien (Bass)

My tip for the flag is Dalyston purely on the back of their recrutiment.

My tips for this week:

IK V Toora
DWWWW V Daly
Stony V PI
Tarwin V Bass
Foster V MDU
Kor Bena V Fishy

Bye:Yarram

The foster and mdu game and korbena and fishy game are massive games. The other games are no brainers.

Obrien (bass) Adkins (mdu) byrnes (stony) everington (foster) king (foster) they in mt opinion are the top five players in the league... I would of had russell in there but because of his Move to dalyston it has made me unsure if whether he can perform the same as he did at tarwin...

That is a disgraceful call tigero having king (foster) in your best 5 players. He would struggle to be in fosters best 10 let alone the leagues best 5.

You are obviously a biased foster supporter.

Its great you bait the hook jiggle it a bit and look what happens
all to serious boys.
I haven't seen more bulls***t printed since I read the Sentinal Times remember don't let the truth muck up a good story :D:D:D:D

It is not other posters faults that you know nothing about the league pantercat or should i say nothing about any other club but Bass.

Why dont you get involved in posts that talk about real footy?

looking like being a great yr of alberton footy, going to be very even and would be hard to predict a top 6 which is good!
top 5 players in the league, my opinion would be byrnes (s.c) adkins (mdu) obrien (k.b) everinton (foster) with cameron(tar) bartholomew(fos) bruns(yar) in the mix and also luke james would be as good as any if he is still the player he was, but i havnt seen him play for a fair while so cant comment too much on him.
2 great games this week between foster and mdu, and burra and creek will tell a story about these teams this season.

1. Everington (Foster)
2. Bruns (Yarram)
3. Barthomelow (Foster)
4. Russel (Dalyston)
5. O'Brien (Bass)

My tips for this week:

IK V Toora
DWWWW V Daly
Stony V PI
Tarwin V Bass
Foster V MDU
Kor Bena V Fishy

The foster and mdu game and korbena and fishy game are massive games. The other games are no brainers.

gee daylston to win the flag u must play for them do ya.
What are u baseing that off the 8 goal lost to lang lang or beating the the second worst side in the comp.Massive call maybe beat a top 4 side first.got the easierst draw out of any side in the comp i reckon they will make finals but will be a massive turn up if the win the whole thing

1. Everington (Foster)
2. Bruns (Yarram)
3. Barthomelow (Foster)
4. Russel (Dalyston)
5. O'Brien (Bass)

My tips for this week:

IK V Toora
DWWWW V Daly
Stony V PI
Tarwin V Bass
Foster V MDU
Kor Bena V Fishy

i dont think we can say that dalyston can win the flag just becuase the players they picked up, i mean look at mdu last year, they picked up a heap of good players, but look where the ended up... out of the six.

I reckon dalyston will be up there but because they havent played enough footy together when it comes to finals they will drop off.

That is a disgraceful call tigero having king (foster) in your best 5 players. He would struggle to be in fosters best 10 let alone the leagues best 5.

You are obviously a biased foster supporter.

Actually harryhighpants i am no foster supporter at all thankyou very much.
King is in my top five because of his pure class, well so his shown on the occasions that my side has played against them, and also from word of mouth i have reason to beleive that he is defs up there in the top players of the league...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gee daylston to win the flag u must play for them do ya.
What are u baseing that off the 8 goal lost to lang lang or beating the the second worst side in the comp.Massive call maybe beat a top 4 side first.got the easierst draw out of any side in the comp i reckon they will make finals but will be a massive turn up if the win the whole thing

Dont kid urself or disgrace me by calling me a dalyston player, I am simply making a preseason (early season) prediction. With the comp so even this year anyone could win it with foster and stony creek being brought back to the pack and the other clubs inc. dalyston recrutiing some solid numbers. Its a tip, nothing else.

I reckon ur right it will be a massive turn up for them to win it!!

Actually harryhighpants i am no foster supporter at all thankyou very much.
King is in my top five because of his pure class, well so his shown on the occasions that my side has played against them, and also from word of mouth i have reason to beleive that he is defs up there in the top players of the league...

Just throwing it out there tigero as ur name suggests and also making such an outlandish comment of having king in ur best lead me to believe you r from tigerland.

Pure class wat a joke, he is a skirt and one of the softest players I have seen in my time.

Everington, rooney and others make him look good.

looking like being a great yr of alberton footy, going to be very even and would be hard to predict a top 6 which is good!
top 5 players in the league, my opinion would be byrnes (s.c) adkins (mdu) obrien (k.b) everinton (foster) with cameron(tar) bartholomew(fos) bruns(yar) in the mix and also luke james would be as good as any if he is still the player he was, but i havnt seen him play for a fair while so cant comment too much on him.
2 great games this week between foster and mdu, and burra and creek will tell a story about these teams this season.

Great post hip and shoulder. Yes, what a massive few games between foster and mdu and burra and fcreek.
Care to make a prediction as to the winners out of these games and others for the week?

Just throwing it out there tigero as ur name suggests and also making such an outlandish comment of having king in ur best lead me to believe you r from tigerland.

Pure class wat a joke, he is a skirt and one of the softest players I have seen in my time.

Everington, rooney and others make him look good.

your right i am a supporter of a tigerland, but not the one you speak of... i am a richmond supporter.

and having king in their is just my opinion, everyone has different opinions, just because i do and you dont doesnt all off a sudden make me a biased foster supporter.

btw, you seem to be hating on king alot, could i ask which club you are from?
just because, not everyone plays amazing games of football every game mate, obryan from bass, or adkins from mdu, and even bruns from yarram would have an off day every now and again and kings could have happened to be against you guys...

Great post hip and shoulder. Yes, what a massive few games between foster and mdu and burra and fcreek.
Care to make a prediction as to the winners out of these games and others for the week?

great post by hip & shoulder there...if you dont mind harryhighpants, i would like to make my predictions for this week.

dalyston vs dwwww.
I would expect dalyston to do the same to a develpoing allies team as they did to toora a week back.

foster vs mdu.
This is the toughest match of the round to tip from in my opinion, even though it is at foster, with recent form from mdu i would expect them to have a win in what will be a nail bitter and will go down to the last minute i wouldn't even write off a draw at this stage.. to be very very close.

inverloch vs toora.
This is another easy game with inverloch you would think to destroy the toora boys at the eagles nest.

korumburra vs fish creek.
This match will define korumburras season you would think and would tell us how much competition they will be this year if they could knock off an in form fish creek side, but in my opinion fish creek have to good of a side, and will win by 30 points.

stony creek vs phillip island.
With both teams coming off loses on the weekend you would expect them both to be hungry to have a win.. this will be a very close match, but i tip stony as they have the home ground advantage.

tarwin vs kilcunda bass.
Tarwin havent showed much this year so far, and the panthers look to be the goods after a big pre season... bass to win.

good to see cameron get a mention, plenty of poise and class and not afraid to fling himself round in the packs either...I would also like to raise the point of uncovered cricket pitches on football grounds. There are still several clubs who leave them uncovered that I know of (mdu & island I think?). They pose a great risk to players and the league needs to make a legislation forcing clubs to cover there cricket pitches with appropriate material.

your right i am a supporter of a tigerland, but not the one you speak of... i am a richmond supporter.

and having king in their is just my opinion, everyone has different opinions, just because i do and you dont doesnt all off a sudden make me a biased foster supporter.

btw, you seem to be hating on king alot, could i ask which club you are from?
just because, not everyone plays amazing games of football every game mate, obryan from bass, or adkins from mdu, and even bruns from yarram would have an off day every now and again and kings could have happened to be against you guys...

Thats fine tigero I like others voicing their opinions and I have my opinion back, thats what a discussion thread is for.

I am not hating on King, I dont even know the bloke, I am just making a judgment on his footy ability.

I was just taken a back by u having him in there, its like putting an average player from the AFL in the best 5 with judd, abblett, swan and franklin.

Thats fine tigero I like others voicing their opinions and I have my opinion back, thats what a discussion thread is for.

I am not hating on King, I dont even know the bloke, I am just making a judgment on his footy ability.

I was just taken a back by u having him in there, its like putting an average player from the AFL in the best 5 with judd, abblett, swan and franklin.

fair point harryhighpants..
i'm only going on what i've seen from what i know they could of being his only two good games when he played against us.. but from what i've heard and that also he was invited to train for vic country with everington, hutchinson, byrnes, epa & so on.. i would think he must be handy..
but i do get where your coming from. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

good to see cameron get a mention, plenty of poise and class and not afraid to fling himself round in the packs either...I would also like to raise the point of uncovered cricket pitches on football grounds. There are still several clubs who leave them uncovered that I know of (mdu & island I think?). They pose a great risk to players and the league needs to make a legislation forcing clubs to cover there cricket pitches with appropriate material.

I guess you're referring to the astroturf synthetic covering which is put over the top of the cricket pitch, but is still artificial grass?

If so, I much prefer the astroturf stuff to sand. Poth can potentially graze the skin, but the sand tends to be a lot harder to run through and almost impossible to kick from.

MDU and Fishy in the two big games for mine. Possible draw in the Fishy game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Alberton Footy League - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back