Alberton Footy League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

8 teams battling for 4 spots in the 6.

4 rounds to go...

How do you think the ladder will finish at the end of the year?

1 Foster Played 14 Points 56
2 Stony Creek Played 14 Points 46
3 Phillip Island Played 15 Points 40
4 M.D.U. Played 14 Points 36
5 Korumburra-Bena Played 15 Points 34
6 Tarwin Played 14 Points 32
7 Kilcunda Bass Played 14 Points 28
8 Yarram Played 15 Points 28
9 Inverloch-Kongwak Played 14 Points 28
10 Fish Creek Played 14 Points 28
1 Foster
2 Stony
3 Phillip island
4 Tarwin
5 M.D.U
6 Korumburra or bass winner of this weekends game will make it.

Just wondering where all the tarwin supporters have disappeared to amazing what 3 losses in a row does to a band wagon jumper. :)
Wasn't that long ago i think they were saying that the sharks were the only one's that could challenge the tigers mmmmm that may not be true and if it is give the tigers the cup now.

Well you said to stop writing such biased rubbish so I did...i cant see anyone beating foster. Runners up is still up for grabs though.

Honestly i think fish creek will win the glorious premiership to the little old creek. They have the players and the heart to bring it home. With players like anderson, Cooper and staley they can achieve anything. They will live in these last few rounds, make it into finals and go all the way. Foster are gettin too cocky about it all and think they already have it in the back and stoney are still trying to relive their last years success.

Foster - 15 16 106
Fish Creek - 2 8 20

No way jungle man. Fishy can't and won't turn this RD7 result around. Foster can be cocky because I don't think anyone has been within 40 odd points of them. Tarwin had them at 1/4 time, Stoney had them at 1/2 time and then Foster turned it on. Would love to see more of a challenge but can't see it happening, just too good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having played against Foster recently, it is clear that they are the team to beat. Stony Creek set up well with their defensive structures but rely on Lucas McMillan too heavily up forward.

Korumburra's recent form, althought against lesser teams, suggests they can challenge strongly come finals and Tarwin are always a threat with Alby Russell and Bergles up forward.

The real key to winning this league is finishing top 2. Teams 3 - 6 then knock themselves out trying to get to the preliminary final and get tired and injuries with 6 day turnarounds.

So it all comes down to Stony and Foster. Stony have been to the summit, will this help them on the big day?

Strange things happen in Grand Finals!

Good game that one, pity some ******* hit the post with a couple of minutes to go or it would have been 40 goals.
Will never see another game of footy like that ever i dont reckon.

Woah, thats pretty amazing, 117 is a great grand final score, and would usually win it.

Having played against Foster recently, it is clear that they are the team to beat. Stony Creek set up well with their defensive structures but rely on Lucas McMillan too heavily up forward.

Korumburra's recent form, althought against lesser teams, suggests they can challenge strongly come finals and Tarwin are always a threat with Alby Russell and Bergles up forward.

The real key to winning this league is finishing top 2. Teams 3 - 6 then knock themselves out trying to get to the preliminary final and get tired and injuries with 6 day turnarounds.

So it all comes down to Stony and Foster. Stony have been to the summit, will this help them on the big day?

Strange things happen in Grand Finals!
remember that stony creek did finish 3rd last yr and won 4 finals to win the flag, so it is not out of the question but definitely makes it harder. foster still way out in front at the moment but it could tighten up in the remainder, some big games in the next 2 weeks will give a better indication of where everyone else is at.

Woah, thats pretty amazing, 117 is a great grand final score, and would usually win it.

Was a strange season, Nyora dominated the year before. Then catani finished top in 2007 and nyora just hung on to second after losing a few late. Beat catani in a shootout in the 2nd semi about 26 goals to 23. Then in GF was 11 goals to 2 at quarter time. They had some injuries early but we were awesome that day.
They beat us about round 15 but 10-12 goals.

Also longwarry lost to Bunyip by about 120 points round 16, lost to poowong round 18 by 12 goals then beat bunyip in first final easily.

So proves that anything can happen in finals an no one is ever home.

What so 16 goals in 3 quarter and they still lost :0

amazing, oh and btw do Catani even still have a team?? very small town

Catani doesn't even have a shop but still playing good footy. Will play finals again this year for at least the 7th time in a row I think(possibly up to 10th), can u confirm Leo?

Back to alberton, I read in the sentinal time Dean Alger is nearing his 200th senior match for Burra. Who gives a ***k, how about when he gets there we acknowledge it. Did the Sentinal Times have some free space for a story or what? Surely the Kardella premier division, scrabble team's weekly review would be more interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

some very interesting results yesterday. which could change the finals make up. fishy beating tarwin and the island beating burra leaves burra very vulnerable. they will have to beat mdu in the last round to make it or fish creek will have there spot. mdu have showed that foster r not that invincible after all. i think the ladder will finish foster stony p.i mdu tarwin and fish creek with burra just missing. the only other possibility would be killy bass who would have to beat stony creek in the last round to make it.

Does anyone know what happened in the thirds match between Island & Burra? Rumour suggests it wasn't very good for jnr football.

what a great round of alberton football this week.. upsets, shake ups and some drubbings great footy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back