Alex Condon (Future Cat B Candidate?)

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s good, we’ve been keeping track of him for a while now so we clearly rate him.

What are the odds he gets drafted in the NBA though? Have zero knowledge on Basketball but i’m guessing it’s an outside chance at this stage.
I'm not expert, but clearly getting drafted to the NBA is quite hard. Very limited spots so you are competing against players in every college in the US but also internationally.

Tom Morris (yeah I know) claims he was considered a top 5 draft chance before he chose college basketball.
That’s excellent if he was rated as high as that. Need to hit as many alternate talent pathways as possible to keep the re-gen running without bottoming out. That and some good Oppo talent analysis/ID, along with a bit more luck on the F/S NGA pathways and we should hopefully be able to defy gravity.

Looks like, he will sign next week. Also if he doesn't get into the NBA in June, He'll come play for us

Gone from a first round prospect to a top 5 prospect. Nice bit of mayo on there from Morris, prepping oppo fans to be outraged if he comes back to play for us.

That’s good, we’ve been keeping track of him for a while now so we clearly rate him.

What are the odds he gets drafted in the NBA though? Have zero knowledge on Basketball but i’m guessing it’s an outside chance at this stage.

Very Low

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is a ruckman like Steene/Ilroo or does he have forward ability
He's probably more athletic than either, based just on having the ability to be a high level AFL prospect and play college basketball.

One would think his upside would be a Mason Cox with the understanding of the game of a traditional AFL prospect. With the added benefit of understanding high-performance sport in a more general way.

That’s excellent if he was rated as high as that. Need to hit as many alternate talent pathways as possible to keep the re-gen running without bottoming out. That and some good Oppo talent analysis/ID, along with a bit more luck on the F/S NGA pathways and we should hopefully be able to defy gravity.
Some context is needed here. Condon didn’t play footy in his draft year (2022) and his projection was always “early first round” in his bottom age year which usually means around top 10, but we should all know by now that a projection that far out doesn’t necessarily mean a whole lot. Harry Lemmey and Isaac Keeler were both projected top 5 12 months out and both were lucky to get drafted in the end and Keeler has been delisted now I think?

I’m excited at the prospect of Condon, because 7ft tall players don’t grow on trees and if he’s better than Cox he’ll be a keeper, but don’t get sucked in by Morris’ hyperbole.

Some context is needed here. Condon didn’t play footy in his draft year (2022) and his projection was always “early first round” in his bottom age year which usually means around top 10, but we should all know by now that a projection that far out doesn’t necessarily mean a whole lot. Harry Lemmey and Isaac Keeler were both projected top 5 12 months out and both were lucky to get drafted in the end and Keeler has been delisted now I think?

I’m excited at the prospect of Condon, because 7ft tall players don’t grow on trees and if he’s better than Cox he’ll be a keeper, but don’t get sucked in by Morris’ hyperbole.
Tom Scully

Too late, I’ve already decided we’re grabbing a 7ft Dean Cox

Sounds like he could actually get a look in in the NBA which would be huge for the kid

But great to know he’s ours if he doesn’t

Only a cm shorter than Mason but grew up on the sport so could be a genuine weapon

Sounds like he could actually get a look in in the NBA which would be huge for the kid

But great to know he’s ours if he doesn’t

Only a cm shorter than Mason but grew up on the sport so could be a genuine weapon
He’s taller than Cox.

Obviously still 4 months a bit to go, but not in the top 180 players

Remove this Banner Ad

Alex Condon (Future Cat B Candidate?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back