Alex Condon (Future Cat B Candidate?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Some context is needed here. Condon didn’t play footy in his draft year (2022) and his projection was always “early first round” in his bottom age year which usually means around top 10, but we should all know by now that a projection that far out doesn’t necessarily mean a whole lot. Harry Lemmey and Isaac Keeler were both projected top 5 12 months out and both were lucky to get drafted in the end and Keeler has been delisted now I think?

I’m excited at the prospect of Condon, because 7ft tall players don’t grow on trees and if he’s better than Cox he’ll be a keeper, but don’t get sucked in by Morris’ hyperbole.
Yep understand the context around Condon. Regardless, nice to get in some potentially high level talent from alternate pathways. Not short on ambition either it would seem, a good trait to have.

Obviously still 4 months a bit to go, but not in the top 180 players

Why's this year his NBA cut-off. If he goes well this year, but is still short of getting a tap on the shoulder to nominate, surely he'd play a third year?

However, the footage made him look like he was on more of a European trajectory in terms of basketball.

Why's this year his NBA cut-off. If he goes well this year, but is still short of getting a tap on the shoulder to nominate, surely he'd play a third year?

However, the footage made him look like he was on more of a European trajectory in terms of basketball.
Not sure. I guess it gets harder to get drafted the older you get? So much competition that I suppose if you are no chance in your first two years, it wont happen.
The fact his manager said he would be signing for the 2025 season probably implied his thoughts that 2025 was the turning point one way or another.

Shit you’re right

Holy crap
The guy looks a gun. Watch his video. Has all the tools to be a dominant ruckman. Didn’t have question marks like Keeler or Scully had. Mature body, agile, timing and reading of the play v good. And obviously has a v professional attitude. Will be an absolute steal if we land him…

Some context is needed here. Condon didn’t play footy in his draft year (2022) and his projection was always “early first round” in his bottom age year which usually means around top 10, but we should all know by now that a projection that far out doesn’t necessarily mean a whole lot. Harry Lemmey and Isaac Keeler were both projected top 5 12 months out and both were lucky to get drafted in the end and Keeler has been delisted now I think?

I’m excited at the prospect of Condon, because 7ft tall players don’t grow on trees and if he’s better than Cox he’ll be a keeper, but don’t get sucked in by Morris’ hyperbole.
He’s not exactly skinny either.
IMG_5299.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Alex Condon (Future Cat B Candidate?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back