Alex Condon (Future Cat B Candidate?)

Remove this Banner Ad

It's been done to death before but here goes again - Big Mase was an accidental basketballer. He never played an organised game until college*. He was a soccer goalie.

* I do find it hard to believe that no one in his immediate vicinity - say a high school teacher - thought it might be an idea to chuck him on a court.
Good post.

Mason did do the international combine and if I remember correctly he did rather well athletically and this was the reason he was offered a Cat B list spot from a number of clubs. So naturally he is quite athletic for his height with his soccer background more then the basketball that he played. Maybe Condon is as well but it is hard to judge. I am certainly not making a bet on this either way at this stage.

Good post.

Mason did do the international combine and if I remember correctly he did rather well athletically and this was the reason he was offered a Cat B list spot from a number of clubs. So naturally he is quite athletic for his height with his soccer background more then the basketball that he played. Maybe Condon is as well but it is hard to judge. I am certainly not making a bet on this either way at this stage.
I'm trying to get odds for him winning the 2032 Brownlow.

One thing's for sure - Not only does Condon have the advantage of having had a footy background, but he is far also better at College basketball than Coxy was, who, in his one forgettable season, didn't achieve much at all in any of the major statistical measurements -
This would indicate Condon is more athletic and, with his footy background, will most likely comfortably exceed Cox in all areas of footy ability should he get here.
To be fair to Cox, much like AFL, he wasn’t a basketballer until he was scouted for his height and athleticism while already in college, whereas Condon has grown up playing the sport.

He came from a long way behind and the fact he was even able to get to college ball level and then AFL level is a credit to him. There aren’t many people who could do that, regardless of height and athleticism.

One thing's for sure - Not only does Condon have the advantage of having had a footy background, but he is far also better at College basketball than Coxy was, who, in his one forgettable season, didn't achieve much at all in any of the major statistical measurements -
This would indicate Condon is more athletic and, with his footy background, will most likely comfortably exceed Cox in all areas of footy ability should he get here.
And that’s what should have Pies fans very excited.

To be fair to Cox, much like AFL, he wasn’t a basketballer until he was scouted for his height and athleticism while already in college, whereas Condon has grown up playing the sport.

He came from a long way behind and the fact he was even able to get to college ball level and then AFL level is a credit to him. There aren’t many people who could do that, regardless of height and athleticism.
Coxy has done exceptionally well.
He has maximised everything about himself with his professionalism and we are all extremely grateful for him.

I can't see him ever coming to us but it would be great if he did
More chance of him coming than not tbf.
He's not in any mock drafts unless he has some sort of breakout season, but odds aren't high. There is so much competition. Not just in the US but also internationally

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't see him ever coming to us but it would be great if he did
I think you’re probably overestimating the odds of him making it to the NBA. They’re much slimmer than him coming back to the AFL. Need to remember that it’s not just college players he’s competing against, there’s international players in the mix too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Alex Condon (Future Cat B Candidate?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back