Young Gun #6

Norm Smith Medallist
May 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus, Suns
The Age reported he’s requesting a trade to South Australia.

Turns 29 before next season. Decent at a lot of things, elite at nothing.

Hasn’t kicked 20+ goals in any of the last 6 years as a half forward / mid hybrid.

Lots of tackles, okay inside work at clearances, not a bad kick, doesn’t kick enough goals, isn’t a contested beast albeit an elite tackler.

Does he have any value?

Adelaide and Port already have plenty of players to play that role I’d say, so could be a pass from both clubs.

Hasn’t kicked 20+ goals in any of the last 6 years as a half forward / mid hybrid.

Lots of tackles, okay inside work at clearances, not a bad kick, doesn’t kick enough goals, isn’t a contested beast albeit an elite tackler.

Does he have any value?

Adelaide and Port already have plenty of players to play that role I’d say, so could be a pass from both clubs.
It won't be a pass from both clubs if he has requested a trade while still contracted, one club has indicated they will trade for him.

Worth the 2nd rounder Dees gave to Adelaide for 29 yr old Mcadam

Plays a team role taking in oppositions best mid to free up Trac to play as an aggressive forward-mid.

Wouldn’t look this “goals kicked” status based on that as the yard stick.

Would think he is apart of the Houston deal in some variety. Clearly not the key one for one piece but wrapped up in it somewhere.

Would be an upgrade on Murphy but let’s be honest Murph isn’t getting dropped anytime soon, he has David McKays hard drive.

Does he have any value?

Significantly underselling him as a player here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would think he is apart of the Houston deal in some variety. Clearly not the key one for one piece but wrapped up in it somewhere.

Would be an upgrade on Murphy but let’s be honest Murph isn’t getting dropped anytime soon, he has David McKays hard drive.

I hope he picks Adelaide as I want the best for him.

Very weird situation coming up I feel.

He is a good player but hard to see either Adelaide team getting super excited about him going there given they currently have plenty of options in his position.

Contracted, but has family reasons to want to head home. So perhaps the usual premium is not going to happen here.

Really nice player. I hope he gets to whatever destination he wants to get to but I'm not sure either SA club will sell the farm for him.
A 2nd is probably right. Would suit Port more as they're in the window.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Alex Neal-Bullen - Wants to become a Crow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back