Trade Requested Alex Neal-Bullen - Wants to become a Crow

Remove this Banner Ad

Instantly improves your club the moment he walks in the door, sets the standard for professionalism and work rate, not often a person this respected becomes available because teams dont ever want to lose them. Would be a best 22 player for every club in the league. Mad if you dont want him as a SA club.

Yet you wanted a late first/early 2nd for Shane mcAdam, a guy half as good.
Yep, that was daylight robbery. I certainly wouldn’t have paid that if I were in Melbourne’s shoes.

Edit - thinking a little more about the McAdam trade. I guess when you think you’re in the premiership window and you have a below par forward line, you just do what you have to to improve. A situation vastly different to ANB and the crows.

I'll diifer to most Melbourne supporters.

Neale-Bullen is a dime a dozen role player. His off-field leadership is valuable though, especially for a young team like the Crows.

A pick in the late 30s would be fair for an average player turning 29 next year. Melbourne were insane to give what they did for McAdam, which has zero to do with this deal.

Like you guys turned down two firsts for Petty! Values tend to be all over the place depending on needs of club losing player and club gaining player

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
have you seen our forward line? we couldn't afford to lose him. Petty has shown to be an elite defender and I'm confident he'll return to that form next season onwards.

have you seen our forward line? we couldn't afford to lose him. Petty has shown to be an elite defender and I'm confident he'll return to that form next season onwards.
So, same as why you "overpay" for a forward in McAdams although at that time your F2 was expected to be pick 32-36 which was around the mark for him and why we don't need to overpay for ANB??? Mind you provided he will be replacing Murphy so...

Last edited:
So same as why you "overpay" for a forward in McAdams although at that time your F2 was expected to be pick 32-36 which was around the mark for him and why we don't need to overpay for ANB??? Mind you provided he will be replacing Murphy so...
We have all paid something that turned out not to be worth it in the end. Dee's supporters are banging on about McAdsm, m

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ANB is twice the player of McAdam though
As a follower of SA talent, I remember reading nothing but complaints about him from Dee's supporters over the majority of his career. He was always a player on the fringe of best 22.
I think you should go back and read your boards thread on him from the start, and you will see plenty of people calling him out as a vanilla stink average footballer.

You would think this one is a done deal already with either Crows or Port.

I hope it's Adelaide, I think we could do with his leadership.and experience. If he has chosen us then I think somewhere around a mid to late 2nd round or future second would be enough?

It may not get done early though due to other pick swaps but either way I think it will get done with everyone happy.

It surprises me that either SA club would be interested in Alex Neal-Bullen at 29yo. He does strike me though as the type of player that coaches appreciate more than supporters do, so I guess that's it. It's an interesting one.

I'm not sure where he fits into the 2025 first choice Adelaide forward line. I have it as:

FF: Thilthorpe, Fogarty, Pedlar
HF: Keays, Walker, Rachelle
With Rankine, Dawson, Soligo and others rotating through from the midfield.

Maybe he plays ahead of Pedlar, but I'm not sure that's a good thing. Yes, he is an upgrade on Murphy and McHenry but they are only depth players and I don't think that Adelaide should be bringing in 29yo depth players.

At least one of the clubs must be committed to him though or I doubt he would have requested a trade so publicly.

It surprises me that either SA club would be interested in Alex Neal-Bullen at 29yo. He does strike me though as the type of player that coaches appreciate more than supporters do, so I guess that's it. It's an interesting one.

I'm not sure where he fits into the 2025 first choice Adelaide forward line. I have it as:

Maybe he plays ahead of Pedlar, but I'm not sure that's a good thing. Yes, he is an upgrade on Murphy and McHenry but they are only depth players and I don't think that Adelaide should be bringing in 29yo depth players.

At least one of the clubs must be committed to him though or I doubt he would have requested a trade so publicly.

Despite the fact that we're sitting 4th from bottom, Crows are actually one of the best in the comp across quite a few metrics, but we're being sorely let down in a few areas, particularly F50 pressure acts, F50 tackles and leaking goals from launched from oppositions D50...

Pedlar might not be that guy as you've mentioned above, he's a little more inside the contest, whereas I feel ANB is able to apply pressure on the outside. A massive priority for us will be to try and keep the ball inside 50 next year. Tex (if he plays on) Fogarty and Thilthorpe aren't exactly pressure machines, and Rankine certainly needs some help in there. Rachele doesn't appear to the be that guy either

We're also massively lacking in our list profile at the 27+ age bracket. We desperately need some quality experience in the side, and I think he'd bring a great work ethic with him.

I just think at the end of the day ANB improves our list in area of weakness, and isn't going to cost your first born

Pedlar could be anything, or he could be nothing. Was horribly out of form and dropped at the start of the season. Has just had a second shoulder reconstruction.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Alex Neal-Bullen - Wants to become a Crow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back