Trade Requested Alex Neal-Bullen - Wants to become a Crow

Remove this Banner Ad

Would have been happy with a straight swap between Mcadam and ANB last year. Give Melbourne their pick back and be done with it.
Nope.

They wanted McAdam. We haven't pursued ANB - we're just making sure there's a list spot for him and paying his salary so he can continue his career near his family.

And in any event - when the F2 was negotiated, both sides thought it would be in the 30s, not 26. That's too early.

Nope.

They wanted McAdam. We haven't pursued ANB - we're just making sure there's a list spot for him and paying his salary so he can continue his career near his family.

And in any event - when the F2 was negotiated, both sides thought it would be in the 30s, not 26. That's too early.
Oh yeah I ca see this happening

"We want pick 28"
"Oh, um well pick 28 is a bit too early. Pick 32 and we tallking but 28 is a roughy"

Oh yeah I ca see this happening

"We want pick 28"
"Oh, um well pick 28 is a bit too early. Pick 32 and we tallking but 28 is a roughy"
We have 42. That's fair.

If we get offered a F2 by a premiership contender in exchange for a player like Berry, then I think we'd happily trade that on.

26 shouldn't be on the table.

ANB is twice the player of McAdam though
As a follower of SA talent, I remember reading nothing but complaints about him from Dee's supporters over the majority of his career. He was always a player on the fringe of best 22.
I think you should go back and read your boards thread on him from the start, and you will see plenty of people calling his out as a vanilla stink average footballer
We have 42. That's fair.

If we get offered a F2 by a premiership contender in exchange for a player like Berry, then I think we'd happily trade that on.

26 shouldn't be on the table.
I believe we have an offer on the table for Berry. Club wants him at this point.

As a follower of SA talent, I remember reading nothing but complaints about him from Dee's supporters over the majority of his career. He was always a player on the fringe of best 22.
I think you should go back and read your boards thread on him from the start, and you will see plenty of people calling his out as a vanilla stink average footballer

I believe we have an offer on the table for Berry. Club wants him at this point.
I dont care what other supporters think. The same supporters were saying Grundy was going to be a main success. I've always rated ANB. Always. He'll be close to top 5 in our Bnf this year.

I think you should go back and read your boards thread on him from the start, and you will see plenty of people calling him out as a vanilla stink average footballer.
That was true aside from 2018 for the first part of his career.

From 2021 to now he has not been even close to fringe.

He used to be super fumbly but that hasn’t been the case for several years and his kicking is now solid.

The guy runs all day too.

I expect Melbourne will not fight at the trade table so pick 40 or whatever would probably do it.

That was true aside from 2018 for the first part of his career.

From 2021 to now he has not been even close to fringe.

He used to be super fumbly but that hasn’t been the case for several years and his kicking is now solid.

The guy runs all day too.

I expect Melbourne will not fight at the trade table so pick 40 or whatever would probably do it.
nah. pick 28. Adelaides 2nd. what we gave up for the Adelaide Scrub Mcadam.

nah. pick 28. Adelaides 2nd. what we gave up for the Adelaide Scrub Mcadam.
My read is Melbourne feel ANB has done the right thing by the club. They won’t draw this out.

A bit of forced regeneration to Melbourne’s half forward/mid area also isn’t the worst thing for the team.

My read is Melbourne feel ANB has done the right thing by the club. They won’t draw this out.

A bit of forced regeneration to Melbourne’s half forward/mid area also isn’t the worst thing for the team.
what do you mean by forced regeneration. Losing ANB for pick 40 is going backwards, not forwards. pick 28 and done

what do you mean by forced regeneration. Losing ANB for pick 40 is going backwards, not forwards. pick 28 and done
Forced regeneration means some of the younger mid/half forwards on the list play instead of a 29 year old.

Pick 28 vs. 42 is much of a muchness anyway. Players at that part of the draft are gambles with strengths but many weaknesses. Talent identification and player development is more critical than which of those picks you have IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hes 29, a 16 -22 picked for Melbourne this year, in a side that won't play finals and is going backwards. Adelaide have young guys on.the improve, port are a top 4 side

All of this is true, though I think internally he would be rated higher than 16-22 by Melbourne.

No star, but a very good, reliable role player, who plays a role that both Adelaide and Port lack.

There's zero job security for him at either club. I don't think either team needs him and he's contract
I think he still has 2 years left on his contract and turn 29 in Jan next year, if his form doesn't significantly drop in the next few year (currently will be in our best 22) then I can't see why he wouldn't be offer another year extension.

Him being contracted will make it pick 28, it’s just how it works.

42 if he wasn’t contracted.
I mean, either way it sounds like he’ll be heading back to SA, so contracted/not contracted isn’t a huge contributor here

I think it’ll be whatever comp we get for Berry, or if he stays, 42 and a F3

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Alex Neal-Bullen - Wants to become a Crow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back