Multiplat Alien: Isolation

Remove this Banner Ad

this is on gamepass and have thought about giving it a go.

It won't be too outdated when I play it will it?

Nah. I only played it for the first time about 18 months ago and it was fine. A touch early gen on the graphics these days but the great atmosphere and art design outweigh any small graphical shortcomings.

I’m not easily rustled but this game did that to my jimmies and also gave me a solid dose of heebie-based jeebies.

The first time you meet an android scared the crap out of me. was lying on the floor thinking it'was dead and then out of no where grabs the leg so i beat the shit out of him with a wrench lols

My brother lent me his Oculus 2 and I installed the MotherVR mod for this game to give it a bash. It's a pity my PC is too shit to handle it, I turned graphics down to medium and was getting 10fps which is unplayable really. I'm going to see if I can tweak it, or see if I'm overlooking something to get better performance; but I doubt it. I'll have to upgrade my PC, because this would be such an unbelievable experience in VR. I could tell from the first 5 minutes staggering around Sevastapol despite the laggy performance.

My brother lent me his Oculus 2 and I installed the MotherVR mod for this game to give it a bash. It's a pity my PC is too s**t to handle it, I turned graphics down to medium and was getting 10fps which is unplayable really. I'm going to see if I can tweak it, or see if I'm overlooking something to get better performance; but I doubt it. I'll have to upgrade my PC, because this would be such an unbelievable experience in VR. I could tell from the first 5 minutes staggering around Sevastapol despite the laggy performance.

It's a classic imo. Well worth it and basically a necessity if you love the first 2 films. It's the real Alien 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a classic imo. Well worth it and basically a necessity if you love the first 2 films. It's the real Alien 3.
Yup, did play the game not long after it came out and it's definitely one of the best horror games made in my opinion. Eager to upgrade my CPU and GPU to give it a run in VR now.

These two misjudged this game badly
Yeah, definitely. I did read the verdict on that IGN review, he probably does have a point with the game length, but it was a skill and fear issue hiding in lockers and dying so much. :cool:

Yeah, definitely. I did read the verdict on that IGN review, he probably does have a point with the game length, but it was a skill and fear issue hiding in lockers and dying so much. :cool:

From memory the guy has since admitted he got it wrong on his review.

Still hasn't stopped them from taking it down though

Last edited:
True! I'm assuming it didn't sell enough? Single-player games have to sell like hot-cakes these days to justify dipping in again.
A great shame there was not a sequel

Could have sworn there was some Alien survival game announced a couple of years back. Different company and not a sequel to this game but same genre with a new story.

edit found it, action-horror by Survios who are known for VR so not much hope for it

Last edited:

True! I'm assuming it didn't sell enough? Single-player games have to sell like hot-cakes these days to justify dipping in again.

From memory the guy has since admitted he got it wrong on his review.

Still hasn't stopped them from takinng it down though

A fascinating "what if" moment to think about. IGN were (and still are) a massive presence in the games journalism space. How many sales of this game didn't happen because one twat whinged about the difficulty he selected?

Maybe we would already have had a sequel.

----------

The new trailer for the movie Alien Romulus looks very Isolationy. Someone on reddit put it well "It looks like a movie based on a game based on a movie".

Even the director seemed to give this game a nod with this photo and the phone on the wall. We'll see a nice little bump in players for this game in August.

Fup3JC9WIAAbOdI.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat Alien: Isolation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back