News New CEO - Shane Dunne

Remove this Banner Ad

Little bit of scuttle but re livo ,,, wouldn’t be worse thing in world if he moved on , that role would be filled by up and comer from a leading club looking for a step up ,watch this space I think
Well now we have a new CEO we can set goals going forward. I guess everyone at the club will be under review.

Mate if everyone on here stayed in their lane the forum would be dead, and you have no evidence to conclusively say that this isn't my lane.

Regardless, ease off on the condescending criticism on a tentative statement, it doesn't cost you anything to be respectful.

At the same time, if you're genuinely equating nepotism with 'sound business principles', then I've got nothing to say to you.

I'm not even making conclusive statements, I'm saying it's a risk to be aware of.
lol nepotism, hang on ,,,,is he related to emmet dunne , can someone clear that up ,,,,Ty

Well now we have a new CEO we can set goals going forward. I guess everyone at the club will be under review.
Right now we’re going through who’s in and who’s out , I don’t mind that , if the likes of Bolton and bakes don’t wanna be in it for long haul , so long boys , nice knowin ya let’s just get on with it , fresh playing group , coaches and chief has a nice ring to it ,,,,and footy boss perhaps ,,,,Leon Cameron would be someone I reckon could be ideal in that capacity

ALIGNED LEISURE’S SHANE DUNNE NAMED NEW CHIEF EXECUTIVE AT AFL’S RICHMOND FC​

Aligned Leisure’s Shane Dunne named new Chief Executive at AFL’s Richmond FC

AUGUST 22, 2024
AQUATICS / FITNESS / RECREATION / SPORT
The AFL's Richmond FC has named Shane Dunne as its new Chief Executive, replacing the outgoing Brendon Gale.
Dunne, who has been Chief Executive of Aligned Leisure, the club’s aquatic, fitness and recreation division business since 2017, is also Richmond FC General Manager.
Described as a "surprise choice" for the role by Melbourne newspaper The Herald-Sun, Dunne has been behind the growth of the AFL club's commercial operations and its current financial security.
Earlier this week, the Richmond FC posted a feature on the growth of Aligned Leisure since its creation in 2016.
He advised "if you think about what a footy club is good at around consumer marketing, keeping people fit and healthy and maintaining elite high-performance facilities, it is really transferable (to running community centres),
"Aligned Leisure is Richmond; it is a part of Richmond and is established and owned by Richmond.
"(However), we have created some brand separation. Unfortunately, not everyone barracks for Richmond, so Aligned Leisure is the public-facing component of it."

In eight years, Aligned Leisure has grown from a business that turned over $5 million annually and had 100 staff to an organisation of over 1800 employees that last year saw a turnover of $67 million.
Commenting on this, Dunne added "it has been steady growth over the last eight years.
"Now, it is one of the most significant parts of the club from a financial point of view, and it's really important to bring in revenue streams that can sustain the club long-term.
"Almost every sporting club in Australia is trying to diversify their business model, and Richmond has been incredibly successful at it, with Aligned Leisure being a big part of that."
Prior to joining Richmond FC/Aligned Leisure he worked in various roles for YMCA Victoria for almost 14 years, rising to Regional Development Manager.
The outgoing Gale is to take up the role of Tasmania Devil’s inaugural Chief Executive.
Click here to view Richmond FC's feature on the growth of Aligned Leisure.
Image: Shane Dunne. Credit: Aligned Leisure.

As someone who's spent enough time in consulting, an 'unbiased independent company' can often just be the facade used to justify a decision that was already made. Equally, the recommendation of the 'unbiased independent company' can be influenced or ignored.
Agree, its designed to make an unfair process appear a fair process to those that missed out on the role.

Can everyone who feels passionately about upgrading Louie and his cohort please bombard Shane. I personally couldn't stand another year of the staus quo with most of our players out injured for majority of the season. With 4 retirements already and Colina next and turnover, delistings we're gonna struggle anyway. But stallion's like Lynch and colts like Gibcus deserve the safety and knowledge that they're getting the best career possible.

Apparently Joe Danihers still that filthy on how the Bummers mismanaged his recovery he despises the team he grew up barracking for and his family is alligned with. We're about to have our best haul of kids in history we don't want to see majority on the sidelines like Gibcus, Clarke and Brown have been. Surely this in one area the new Chieftan should smash out the park. But he needs to act now.

I'm just glad we have made a choice. He is well qualified, so I will look forward to seeing our club continue to grow and dominate for years to come.

Love the fact that aligned leisure is seen as elite high performance facilities, hopefully it means we will invest in getting better qualified & experience into the club for our own players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Little bit of scuttle but re livo ,,, wouldn’t be worse thing in world if he moved on , that role would be filled by up and comer from a leading club looking for a step up ,watch this space I think
Livingstone been there a long time and his last couple of years hasn't been great. Is this a rumor you herd ?

didn't dimma just ask the question or has livingstone accepted and will move on?

Remove this Banner Ad

News New CEO - Shane Dunne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back