News Andrew Dillon the new AFL CEO

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve read that book. Complete utter crooks the AFL are. Notice you don’t see or hear of Mick Warner these days. Bet they had a hand in that, nothing surer.
IIRC it is stated in the book that AFL removed his media accreditation .
BFCED67A-3399-44B4-84EF-1E964309347C.jpeg
Really good decent genuine down to earth bloke is Mick .

Last edited:
Apparently this guy has a history of using NDAs and secret payoffs to make the AFLs problems go away, particularly inhouse staff/misconduct issues.
Caro has written about it from memory. There will be no change to the AFLs corrupt boys club mentality under his watch.

He's been in charge of AFL integrity since 2013 so no need to comment on that and has been in charge of game development, which has him in charge of the relationship between head office and local leagues from 2017-2021. Local footy is in terrible shape, particularly in Vic and Tas, two heartland states that are run by the AFL so I'm not sure how he is getting a tick for that.

He was AFL general legal council through the Essendon saga, helping steer the actions of the AFL which very nearly landed Gil and Mike Fitzpatrick in court facing allegations of deceptive and misleading conduct.

Hes been inside the AFL for 20+ years so I'm sure he knows where the bodies are buried and is truly "one of the boys" having earned his stripes in the opinion of the commission but there are some question marks around the success of a few of the projects he has had his finger prints on over the journey.
Infantino is a clean skin compared to this guy

Dillon is AFL Legal Counsel. Tribunal in the Patrick Cripps case was found to have not allowed procedural fairness/natural justice to Cripps and a truck was driven through their procedures by Cripps’ Legal Counsel. Tribunal procedures must be in Dillon’s portfolio.

Result: Cripps gets off an obvious offence meaning he collects 1 x Brownlow Medal. Dillon is naturally PROMOTED to AFL CEO.

Shaking my head in total belief here. Because what else would you ever have expected?
You could say it's been a Meteoric Rise.....

Failing upwards, it's just a different form of politics.

Handshake Bros GIF

"Dillon you son of a bitch"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The sort of behavior you'd expect from the Chinese Government not a not-for-profit entity in Australia

Common tactic by like-minded organisations.
Trust me when I tell you the State Government pulls this sort of shit on a daily basis too, excluding certain journos from media events, offering exclusives to their chosen ones so as to avoid any scrutiny.
Sadly, it's the way of the world.

The sort of behavior you'd expect from the Chinese Government not a not-for-profit entity in Australia
Gil stepped into Andy's shoes. Demetriou was a bit of a C BOMB, excelled at the business side of things. AFL as a secretive organisation . Wasteful. Grudges with clubs. I doubt an appointee to CEO will make one single reform. Undertake any review.

Out and out corruption with contacts to Spotless caterers etc.

But when the NFP has just landed a multi $ billion TV deal. The AFL CEO's salary is probably in the nations top 10. I hope the billions trickle down to
clubs/players/local footy.

I'm enjoying our clubs success.

all he has to do is remove the stand rule immediately, bring back kicking out of the goalsquare and he will automatically be the greatest ceo in afl history

depends on if his balls hang low though

Common tactic by like-minded organisations.
Trust me when I tell you the State Government pulls this sort of s**t on a daily basis too, excluding certain journos from media events, offering exclusives to their chosen ones so as to avoid any scrutiny.
Sadly, it's the way of the world.
Does Av Yemenis Rebel News have a sports desk?

Last edited:
all he has to do is remove the stand rule immediately, bring back kicking out of the goalsquare and he will automatically be the greatest ceo in afl history

depends on if his balls hang low though
won't be able too, that's why Gil is staying until round 5... they won't change rules mid season

Australia Govt didn't bathe itself in glory in The Timor incident. They tie the lawyer involved, with threats of charges for 15 years. ..

AFP raids on the ABC & others when Aus Army Afghan war crimes being investigated.

Warner is writing for the HSun it seems. Politics probably more interesting than being a footy journo.

Friendly Jordies guy got his house arsoned. He went pretty hard for Barilaro.

NSW press collusion in the Bill Spedding character assassination has been disgusting. $1.8million compensation not enough.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

News Andrew Dillon the new AFL CEO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back