All-Australian Team 2014....

Remove this Banner Ad

Rance had a pretty good year, most of the decisions are a coin flip anyway, we've had players in that didn't particularly deserve it previously and plenty that have missed out when they have, doesn't mean shit so no point in being bothered by it :thumbsu:

I agree, its a tough choice and both would of been filthy for not getting it. But as someone pointed out on the main board, it took Hodge 6 seasons to get his first AA, so hopefully being shortlisted would put Emac on everyone's radar for next year.

much like kennedy last year, priddis and mackenzie can thank their team mates for costing them AA due to several insipid losses throughout the season

if we made the 8 like we should have given our extremely soft fixture, at least one of priddis and e-mac would be in.

Is it really a big deal?
Bad luck to Priddis and Emac, both had sensational seasons and would have been deserved AA's. But Rance also had a great season and it was clear that he was a big factor in Richmond's resurgence.

AA selection won't change the quality of our list, or bring us closer to a flag. It won't change how good Emac or Priddis are in 2015. So who cares?

Priddis was robbed.

You actually believe that?

He was never going to make it. It's one thing for the media to pump him up in regards to our shit team, but it's another thing entirely to give him a position over elite players such as Ablett, Selwood, Pendlebury, Rockliff, Boak, Kennedy and Fyfe.

I think 'robbed' is a bit generous. If anyone is robbed it's Mackenzie, for 2 years in a row now.

It was a good year for KPD's, a lot of competition for the AA spots, though it's fair to say they get a bit of help in the way the game is played these days. The Coleman medal winner only kicked about 70 goals. It's certainly a change from the days when Lockett/Dunstall/Ablett snr would regularly pump out 100 goal seasons.

It was a good year for KPD's, a lot of competition for the AA spots, though it's fair to say they get a bit of help in the way the game is played these days. The Coleman medal winner only kicked about 70 goals. It's certainly a change from the days when Lockett/Dunstall/Ablett snr would regularly pump out 100 goal seasons.

Not to mention Sumich kicking 111 in 1991 and not making the AA side that year either!

Lol at Richmond, seriously the only time you hear from them is when they come in to gloat. Quality posters..
Wow you got into the eight and got smashed, big deal.
Eazy was robbed, but like Probitas said it doesnt change anything.
I hate Richmond with a passion, but lets be honest we would all rather Emac than Rance any day of the week.
Whether the big easy has the gong or not we will still see success before they do. However long that takes.
The only people who take RFC seriously is the RFC, and the AA panel apparently (with a heavy RFC bias i might add).

Does that help the argument? The defender that doesn't take the best forward gets in against the guy who takes the best forward everytime ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't picked in a key position though (back pocket)- Talia and Rance were. Hooker was picked as the athletic 2nd or 3rd tall. MacKensie was in competition with Talia especially and Rance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't picked in a key position though (back pocket)- Talia and Rance were. Hooker was picked as the athletic 2nd or 3rd tall. MacKensie was in competition with Talia especially and Rance.

Perhaps. I'd have Mackenzie pegged as more athletic and a better defender on talls or mediums than Hooker .... If Hooker was picked as "2nd or 3rd tall" surely that's based on him being the 2nd or 3rd best tall?

Rance got in based on his finish to the season in Sydney and a couple of efforts in weeks before that. The "noise"in Melbourne late in the season drowns out the regular excellence all the way over in Perth - unfortunate but true.

Perhaps. I'd have Mackenzie pegged as more athletic and a better defender on talls or mediums than Hooker .... If Hooker was picked as "2nd or 3rd tall" surely that's based on him being the 2nd or 3rd best tall?

Rance got in based on his finish to the season in Sydney and a couple of efforts in weeks before that. The "noise"in Melbourne late in the season drowns out the regular excellence all the way over in Perth - unfortunate but true.

Hooker is primarily picked as he sets up the play and his intercept marks, they were the best in the whole comp this season. Hurley generally has taken the number 1 defender, and even when Carlile played back, Hooker would take the 3rd as it allowed him to set up play and zone off. Whilst Hooker has played on the key forwards and done well, why would we do it, our defence is working with Hurley taking the massive falls. As I said I would have picked MacKensie over Talia- his season was better but I don't see him even competing with Hooker for a spot. They have picked the most 'real life' team they could. Smalls in small position, key backs and then 3rd talls, running backs.

Does that help the argument? The defender that doesn't take the best forward gets in against the guy who takes the best forward everytime ...

This was literally on the same page, just scroll down next time.

Or maybe we put Hooker on the blokes he would be more able to negate? Hurley gives too much height away against +200c players like Tippett and Stanley. Neither of who played against West Coast so there wasn't the issue of who to play Mackenzie on.

It's always best to actually know the full story rather than just throwing around baseless assumptions.

FWIW, I had Mackenzie in my side all year. It's bullshit he missed out, definitely felt he was comfortably ahead of Rance, but don't play shit off like Hooker didn't deserve his spot just as much.

Still not sure how Nick Riewoldt got into the side.

Was EASILY the best CHF of the year. Who else would you have picked there? Buddy has played as a high HF for Sydney with Goodes and Tippett being the ones inside 50 a lot of the time. Reiwoldt kicked 50 in a side that was hopeless.

Yep.. And that Fyfe is a helluva wingman ...

To be fair at least he can play wing and mids are a bit different. Wings are still midfield. I would prefer they named an actual wingman though, whether that be Brad Hill, Issac Smith, etc.

Was EASILY the best CHF of the year. Who else would you have picked there? Buddy has played as a high HF for Sydney with Goodes and Tippett being the ones inside 50 a lot of the time. Reiwoldt kicked 50 in a side that was hopeless.

Kennedy.

To be fair at least he can play wing and mids are a bit different. Wings are still midfield. I would prefer they named an actual wingman though, whether that be Brad Hill, Issac Smith, etc.

Well we assume Fyfe can play wing. He played as an uber dynamic inside mid, who is better than Kennedy ... why not Kennedy on a wing? He's a mid.

I'm just saying that arguing that Mckenzie wasn't competing with Hooker for a spot because Hooker plays a different tall defender role is only valid if we are picking blokes for specific roles within a team ... We aren't. I mean did Buddy play FF at all?

It's the best players in rough positions. If you're picking 3 tall defenders then Mackenzie should be one of them. Arguably ahead of all 3 of those picked.

Not a chance, was too much of a bully against the poor sides. Now that is not saying I'm bagging it, but he needs to do more against the top sides. Really the options were: Reiwoldt, and Pavlich (and again like Kennedy had some average patches).

Well we assume Fyfe can play wing. He played as an uber dynamic inside mid, who is better than Kennedy ... why not Kennedy on a wing? He's a mid.

I'm just saying that arguing that Mckenzie wasn't competing with Hooker for a spot because Hooker plays a different tall defender role is only valid if we are picking blokes for specific roles within a team ... We aren't. I mean did Buddy play FF at all?

It's the best players in rough positions. If you're picking 3 tall defenders then Mackenzie should be one of them. Arguably ahead of all 3 of those picked.

Mids have always been that way. The other parts of the ground they have named players in their positions. Heppell is the same as Fyfe..if he is a wingman I'm the Pope! I mean I love him, he should be in the side, but he is a rover/centreman not a winger!

They have specifically and they said it on the coverage picked the forwards and defenders in their natural positions. Talia is the one MacKensie is competing with. I hate Buddy being named at FF, he only played probably 4-5 games there and he did bugger all in those games.

Not a chance, was too much of a bully against the poor sides. Now that is not saying I'm bagging it, but he needs to do more against the top sides. Really the options were: Reiwoldt, and Pavlich (and again like Kennedy had some average patches).

Can't say I notice Riewoldt that much this season but then again the Saints were so god damn awful to watch I stopped paying attention to them.

Remove this Banner Ad

All-Australian Team 2014....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back