All Australian Watch: 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, handballing a lot is not as good as having an even spread of kicking and handballing.

Pendlebury had 9 kicks & 20 handballs in GF2 & won the Norm Smith. I think it was 3 kicks & 17 handballs at 1/2, a clear tactic against St. Kilda that flood extensively.

Pendlebury is a lock for AA again. Only a simpleton would disagree.

My Squad post round 11 -

B: Davis(Coll) Jamison(Carl) Shaw(Coll)
HB: Enright(Geel) McPharlin(Freo) Fisher(StK)
C: Thomas(Coll) Pendlebury(Coll) Mundy(Freo)
HF: Murphy(Carl) Cloke(Coll) Kelly(Geel)
F: Johnson(Geel) Franklin(Haw) Garlett(Carl)
R: Cox(WC) Judd(Carl) Watson(Ess)
Int: Sandilands(Freo) Goodes(Syd) Selwood(Geel) Scotland(Carl)

Collingwood - 5
Carlton - 5
Geelong - 4
Fremantle - 3
Sydney - 1
St Kilda - 1
West Coast - 1
Hawks - 1
Essendon - 1

5 Carlton players? I don't think so.

Pendlebury had 9 kicks & 20 handballs in GF2 & won the Norm Smith. I think it was 3 kicks & 17 handballs at 1/2, a clear tactic against St. Kilda that flood extensively.

Pendlebury is a lock for AA again. Only a simpleton would disagree.

20 kicks and 9 handballs mate :cool:

Re: Leon Davis, on track for AA honours again?

All have claims, as do Rutten, Glass, McPharlin, Reid, Scarlett & Fletcher

You're deluded if you think Jamo, Merrett and Gibson stand any more than the above names

Jamo, Merrett, McPharlin and Gibson are way ahead of the other KP defenders this season. Fisher, Rutten, Glass and Scarlett very good, but not in the same league this year.

Jamo, Merrett, McPharlin and Gibson are way ahead of the other KP defenders this season. Fisher, Rutten, Glass and Scarlett very good, but not in the same league this year.

Taylor's the only lock so far IMO (did you forget about him?), i give reid a chance to make the squad if he keeps his form up, as much chance as Jamo anyway, still a long way to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone who thinks Leon Davis isn't playing AA standard this year is racist.

Regards

Eddie McGuire.

None of those Carlton players would look out of place, but it is very unlikely that all our players in contention will be picked,

Hawks for example have more than Franklin in contention, yet you've just gone with the 1 selection. Same will happen with those 5 Carlton players, despite all staking decent claims.

Cloke's a lock if the season was to end now, as i said it's a no brainer, maybe you don't have a brain?, you probably should take a bit more notice of reid too, very very good young defender.

Lol at the Collingwood bias. There will be 2 KPF in the team. The FF who is the coleman medallist, at this stage Reiwoldt and the CHF which will be Franklin. No ifs, no buts, thats just the way it is. Cloke will have a chance to be in the squad, but not the actual team.

As for Reid I am not even going to waste my time explaining why he won't make it.

have spent the last couple of hours putting together my AA side after 11 rounds. what do you guys think?

FB: alan toovey chris tarrant nick maxwell
HB: harry o'brien ben reid leon davis
C: dale thomas dane swan heath shaw
HF: steele sidebottom travis cloke dayne beams
F: andrew krakouer chris dawes leigh brown
Foll: dean cox scott pendlebury luke ball
Int: ben johnson sharrod wellingham simon buckley
Sub: alan didak

a few points - ben johnson has missed the last few weeks so is relegated to the bench. didak hasn't done enough to justify the starting small forward role in comparison to krakouer. dean cox gets the no. 1 ruck spot just ahead of cameron wood but this could change over the next few weeks once wood plays a few more games. apologies to jarryd blair and tyson goldsack

Really???
Take away your "I hate all things Carlton" glasses for a second...

Who out of:

Judd
Murphy
Jamison
Garlett
Scotland

are not on track for AA selection after 11 rounds of the season?

How about Sam Mitchell averaging 30+ possessions, in the top 5 for clearances per game, in the top few for contested ball per game. Excellent user of the ball on both feet. Been faultless this year. I have seen all the Carlton games and all bised aside, he has been much better than Scotland.

I could also name about 5 other players in Scotlands position who are ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back