All australian

Remove this Banner Ad

James said:
For Carlton Barnaby French, easily.. would be second ruck (bench) behind Everitt on form thus far. Clear 2nd in hit outs and doing a lot of good work around the ground this year.

Nick Stevens could (arguably) also get a spot in the AA midfield based on his form to date.

They are also our two highest ranking players from in the papers and afl site
That is why Cox has averaged 5 more possessions per game than him and 4 more goals.

Lonie_from_50 said:
Chris Johnson - Overating him there
Mal Michael - A Chance, but Leigh Brown has been very, very good
Matty Lappin - Would be in the mix, but Wirrpunda, Hunt, Clement and Barry would get in the pocket.
Leo Barry - More off a key defender rather than Back Flanker
Daniel Wells - 1 game worth mentioning, and he still didn't get in my votes
Paul Hasleby - What The???

all worthy points... but i have judged by team not on what i have seen so far because i havent had the chance to watch each team play... but what i think the team will be by years end. i totally forgot about james clement and admit that he deserves to be considered ahead of lappin. haselby will come good... one of the games premier midfielders when in form. thats only the way i see it though, others have criticsized him in the past

lukedarcy14 said:
If you were to judge the all australian of just theese first 4 rounds who would make it??

fevola25_ said:
all worthy points... but i have judged by team not on what i have seen so far because i havent had the chance to watch each team play... but what i think the team will be by years end. i totally forgot about james clement and admit that he deserves to be considered ahead of lappin. haselby will come good... one of the games premier midfielders when in form. thats only the way i see it though, others have criticsized him in the past

B: J. Hunt L. Brown J. Clemnt
HB: J. Sinclair T. Croad Wirrapunda
C: Dal Santo Judd Enright
HF: N.Brown M.Pavlich C.Bruce
F: A.Hamill B.Hall A. Davey

Followers: Everitt Ball Cousins

interchange: B. Johnson T. Johnstone C. Fletcher R. Robertsn

Thats mine. - Any thoughts?

Fletcher has been one of Essendon's best players this season for me. Have to be close.
Bradley has been good, but Croad has been sensational. So has Leigh Brown.
Lucas has been outstanding.
Andrew Welsh has been our best player and would have to be considered. Average of 20 disposals a game isn't bad considering he spent three quarters on the bench on Sat night after getting injured.
20, 30 and 23 disposals in his three completed games this season. Not bad numbers from half back.

Nightwolf_69 said:
Great to see people have sense and realise Croad has performed best at CHB thus far.

Luke Hodge anyone? Been bloody good....
He has been, but there's alot of competition. Mitchell has had two BOGs in the only two full games he's played so if his form holds up he'd be a shot too. Wouldn't sneak either in yet though.

After four rounds there would be two Hawthorn players in the AA side, and to everyones credit, Croad and Everitt have been included in most of these line-ups.

Longy413 said:
Fletcher has been one of Essendon's best players this season for me. Have to be close.
Bradley has been good, but Croad has been sensational. So has Leigh Brown.
Lucas has been outstanding.
Andrew Welsh has been our best player and would have to be considered. Average of 20 disposals a game isn't bad considering he spent three quarters on the bench on Sat night after getting injured.
20, 30 and 23 disposals in his three completed games this season. Not bad numbers from half back.
You are bottom of the ladder.You are lucky to get 1 place

weagles_fan said:
You are bottom of the ladder.You are lucky to get 1 place

Why does that matter? The reason we are on the bottom of the ladder is because we only have a handful of players playing well.
There is no denying Fletcher, Welsh and Lucas are on AA pace.

A Good stat is with Mark Williams, who has kicked more goals than the majority of the forward lines put across, but i might be asking for a bit much there, but still....

keppler bradley is a good young player... but let's not get ahead of ourselves... he is no where near AA CHB as i'm sure all non-one-eyed essendon supporters will agree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rough_Edges said:

any comments?

Nightwolf_69 said:
A Good stat is with Mark Williams, who has kicked more goals than the majority of the forward lines put across, but i might be asking for a bit much there, but still....

He was very quiet in round 1, but has been very good since then.
Does he get enough of the ball though to be considered AA material?

Rough_Edges said:

No Shannon Grant? Has been North's best so far.

fevola25_ said:
keppler bradley is a good young player... but let's not get ahead of ourselves... he is no where near AA CHB as i'm sure all non-one-eyed essendon supporters will agree.

I think most Essendon supporters will agree with you as well.
Although his first 3 games were outstanding. He is averaging 20 disposals and 9 marks. Don't think many defenders could boast those figures. However the defensive side of his game definately needs some more work.

weagles_fan said:
That is why Cox has averaged 5 more possessions per game than him and 4 more goals.

Noted on the possies and goals. But Barny is doing better than Cox in hit outs and doing well at stoppages. His ruck work has been first class and shouldn't be underestimatied. Which is the primary role for a ruckman anyway, to give the onballers first use of the footy. He tends to drop back to help out the defence in general play and is more usefull to us, playing that role than kicking a few more goals by drifting forward of the play. For the AA team, Spider would be the attacking goal scoring ruckman and Barny the defensive one. Sorry no room for Cox on my list as he would be competing with Spider for the same role. (Top player though)

HITOUTS
1. Peter Everitt Hawthorn 114
2. Barnaby French Carlton 102
3. Jeff White Melbourne 92
4. Dean Cox West Coast Eagles 87
5. Darren Jolly Sydney Swans 86
6. Luke Darcy Western Bulldogs 78
7. Cain Ackland St Kilda 69
8. Brad Ottens Geelong 62
9. Trent Knobel Richmond 57
10. Matthew Primus Port Adelaide 57
11. Benjamin Hudson Adelaide 55
12. Aaron Sandilands Fremantle 50
13. Steven King Geelong 42

Let's mix it up:

B: J. Hunt (Geel) M. Michael (Bris) L. Hodge (Haw)
HB: D. Teague (Carl) L. Brown (Kang) K. Cornes (P. Adel)
C: P. Licuria (Coll) C. Fletcher (WCE) N. Dal Santo (St. K)
HF: S. Lucas (Ess) B. Hall (Syd) C. Bruce (Melb)
F: N. G. Brown (Rich) M. Richardson (Rich) S. Grant (Kang)
R: P. Everitt (Haw) A. Koutoufides (Carl) A. McLeod (Adel)
Int: D. Fletcher (Ess) B. Johnson (WB) D. Cox (WCE) P. Hasleby (Frem)

West Coast also have Gardiner and Seaby who ruck too.Those two along with Cox boast the best ruck pairing in the league IMO.

pazza said:
Let's mix it up:

B: J. Hunt (Geel) M. Michael (Bris) L. Hodge (Haw)
HB: D. Teague (Carl) L. Brown (Kang) K. Cornes (P. Adel)
C: P. Licuria (Coll) C. Fletcher (WCE) N. Dal Santo (St. K)
HF: S. Lucas (Ess) B. Hall (Syd) C. Bruce (Melb)
F: N. G. Brown (Rich) M. Richardson (Rich) S. Grant (Kang)
R: P. Everitt (Haw) A. Koutoufides (Carl) A. McLeod (Adel)
Int: D. Fletcher (Ess) B. Johnson (WB) D. Cox (WCE) P. Hasleby (Frem)
No Judd,what is wrong with you?A bit envious are we?

Lonie_from_50 said:
B: Josh Hunt (Geel) - Leigh Brown (Kang) - James Clement (Coll)
HB: Glen Archer (Kang) - Trent Croad (Haw) - Lindsay Gilbee (WB)
C: Corey Enright (Geel) - Chris Judd (WCE) - Andrew Embley (W.C.E)
HF: Cameron Bruce (Melb) - Barry Hall (Syd) - Shannon Grant (Kang)
F: Aaron Hamill (St.K) - Matthew Richardson (Rich) - Nathan G. Brown (Rich)
Foll: Peter Everitt (Haw) - Chad Fletcher (WCE) - Luke Ball (St.K)
I/C: Dean Cox (W.C.E) - Jess Sinclair (Kang) - Brad Johnson (W.B) - Peter Walsh (P.A)

That is just off my head, I could do a detailed one, but I will have to think and look at the stats and performances etc.

Thoughts?

have we not won a game?

James said:
HITOUTS
1. Peter Everitt Hawthorn 114
2. Barnaby French Carlton 102
3. Jeff White Melbourne 92
4. Dean Cox West Coast Eagles 87

The difference in those two in hitouts works out to be about 4 a game. Not much. Id hazard to guess Cox wins a larger percentage of his contests when you consider he has had back up ruckman, whereas French hasn't.
Add Cox's ability to kick goals and win more of the ball around the ground and I'd take him thanks.

Remove this Banner Ad

All australian

Remove this Banner Ad

Back