All Divisions General NFNL Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

In regards to clearances, how hard would it be for someone at HQ to copy and paste the transfer, put it in an excel spreadsheet and make it available for all to see
Was always great looking at to see who was leaving club A to go to Club B

Damn give me a link to Play HQ and I will do it and post to big footy
You wouldn’t think that hard… the league has to approve every clearance so I find it hard to believe that data couldn’t be sorted and made available. Maybe less time harrassing a tiny Facebook show more time doing that would be great.

The NFNL are a disgrace, until they get their heads out of the sand and realise that you dont need $$$$ to do things or promote things the better the league will be. Any wonder people are dropping off left right and centre due to the runnings of the league. They think that they are running the AFL in fact they are running a league which is dropping in reputation further and further everytime that something arises. How about supporting the guys that had a crack and from the responses have Made a huge impact on the short time promoting Clubs within the league. In the short time they have done alot more than what the league do for clubs. And they have the cheek to ask for Volunteers to take photos and other jobs that they cant do or have any idea how to do. Why wouldnt these be paid jobs???? Maybe cos then their unjustifiable wage would shrink. Well done guys and girls you have a done a great job.
Being new to the NFNL, but having been on committees previously at clubs, I think it will get sorted out.

The VAFA were also really strong on policies that the clubs and supporters thought were a bit heavy handed. But my gut (and it's a big gut) tells me this is just ticking a few boxes on what's being promoted or done and how it fits that policy. Overkill- maybe? But not unusual in terms of my past experience in working with HQ's in a previous lifetime.

I really like the show and hope to see it back soon and the hosts keep up the great work.

Chump.

Being new to the NFNL, but having been on committees previously at clubs, I think it will get sorted out.

The VAFA were also really strong on policies that the clubs and supporters thought were a bit heavy handed. But my gut (and it's a big gut) tells me this is just ticking a few boxes on what's being promoted or done and how it fits that policy. Overkill- maybe? But not unusual in terms of my past experience in working with HQ's in a previous lifetime.

I really like the show and hope to see it back soon and the hosts keep up the great work.

Chump.
They must have been living under a rock if its taken them this long to shut them down. Simple fix change the name and they cant do a thing.

They must have been living under a rock if its taken them this long to shut them down. Simple fix change the name and they cant do a thing.
Yeah that is one solution re the show .....but then you are putting clubs under the pump to 'potentially' be off side with HQ iof they are involved and the NFNL 'request' you should not? The upside is IF they can work it out, it might be better for EVERYONE. That said, maybe I have become a submissive pea heart after getting smacked around the ears buy VAFA rules for years.:cool:

Chump.

You wouldn’t think that hard… the league has to approve every clearance so I find it hard to believe that data couldn’t be sorted and made available. Maybe less time harrassing a tiny Facebook show more time doing that would be great.
EFL have a spreadsheet on line that is updated every day

Thoughts on the statement made by the northern footy show?
Just catching up on this, how short sighted from the NFNL. The guys do a fantastic job promoting footy in our community. No doubt they'll be drafting letters to send to all clubs explaining a list of sanctions for any club that appears in the future. Disappointing but not surprising.

When the VAFA are doing something better than your league the alarm bells should be ringing.

How hard could it possible be to make a table with every clearance that’s come in? We have a full time social media manager do we not?
If clearances are the only thing we can bitch about v the VAFA .... then take it. Trust me. I go gives a sh#t about clearances and transfers being to the minute???? Get a grip.

Angry Chump

If clearances are the only thing we can bitch about v the VAFA .... then take it. Trust me. I go gives a sh#t about clearances and transfers being to the minute???? Get a grip.

Angry Chump

No one wants an angry Chump.

However, we would not have a need for a BigFooty Forum without interest in what is going on and having a clearance list is something people want.

Get a grip Champ. it's the internet and people want information.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one wants an angry Chump.

However, we would not have a need for a BigFooty Forum without interest in what is going on and having a clearance list is something people want.

Get a grip Champ. it's the internet and people want information.
Ok - each to their own. All good 😊

Last edited:
What's the legality of these contracts and can they be enforced??

Pub chat today raised the question about the young Monty lad that signed with LP only to change his mind. Now from what was said LP, whilst disappointed will not try and enforce his signature and cut their losses.

My question is, could they? You hear some trying to hold players to a contract but legally, can they?

I remember years ago big Mick Gay sat out a season, I am sure I was told it was a contract he had with Epping but did not want to play with them so signed at Heidelberg and sat out the last year on his Epping contract. Anyone confirm that is on the mark?

Read on here that there are possibly a few Macleod blokes wanting to leave to a Div3 side but have been told they would not be released.

I always thought these contacts where nothing legal and you can only really stop a bloke leaving if he owes money. You can question their character (which should be taken into question if your word is easily dismissed) but circumstances do change I suppose (and I am sure $$ fly's around)

Has there been other players held to contract? I their precedence of it?

Just curious, and no I am not signing a contract, in my day it was your word and that showed your character. My only contract is with the canteen and bar, I promise to use them.

What's the legality of these contracts and can they be enforced??

Pub chat today raised the question about the young Monty lad that signed with LP only to change his mind. Now from what was said LP, whilst disappointed will not try and enforce his signature and cut their losses.

My question is, could they? You hear some trying to hold players to a contract but legally, can they?

I remember years ago big Mick Gay sat out a season, I am sure I was told it was a contract he had with Epping but did not want to play with them so signed at Heidelberg and sat out the last year on his Epping contract. Anyone confirm that is on the mark?

Read on here that there are possibly a few Macleod blokes wanting to leave to a Div3 side but have been told they would not be released.

I always thought these contacts where nothing legal and you can only really stop a bloke leaving if he owes money. You can question their character (which should be taken into question if your word is easily dismissed) but circumstances do change I suppose (and I am sure $$ fly's around)

Has there been other players held to contract? I their precedence of it?

Just curious, and no I am not signing a contract, in my day it was your word and that showed your character. My only contract is with the canteen and bar, I promise to use them.
Prior to clearances the contract is worthless. They have no options to enforce the contract besides taking him to court and attempting for the courts to enforce it. Regardless that’s unrealistic, expensive and plain stupid. Even then it’s a vague contract and doesn’t really specify a lot so good luck.

Previously clearance’s opened in November and he may have been cleared before he decided to leave. In that case he would have been stuck had they not come to an arrangement. The player contracts are water tight as AFLVIC and NFNL want it that way and basically control the clearances when push comes to shove.

Prior to clearances the contract is worthless. They have no options to enforce the contract besides taking him to court and attempting for the courts to enforce it. Regardless that’s unrealistic, expensive and plain stupid. Even then it’s a vague contract and doesn’t really specify a lot so good luck.

Previously clearance’s opened in November and he may have been cleared before he decided to leave. In that case he would have been stuck had they not come to an arrangement. The player contracts are water tight as AFLVIC and NFNL want it that way and basically control the clearances when push comes to shove.

Did the Mont bloke get a sign on? Have they paid anything?

I get morally it's wrong and the effort to try hold him when he hasn't been cleared would be painful for LP, I'd assume.

But... if he received a sign on then I'd be pretty pissed and want to hold him accountable.

I get morally it's wrong and the effort to try hold him when he hasn't been cleared would be painful for LP, I'd assume.

But... if he received a sign on then I'd be pretty pissed and want to hold him accountable.

Not sure at all but I think if there is money involved, they will have grounds not to approve it until repaid and i think this bloke was more a fringe player rather than a high paid recruit so doubt it (not sure on this as don't know him but from the convo the other day he only played a few senior games in 23). I have heard of Clubs making blokes bring back jumpers prior to clearance as they deem that as theirs which the league will enforce until repayment is made.

I think they just feel hard one by as he was advertised on their socials and brought a mate with him and all that blows up in their face. Sure, it's bound to happen, and people should be able to change their mind I suppose but it does question your character when you stand smiling with a coach and get plastered on socials then backflip but who would want to keep a player that does not want to play.

No idea?

LP has zero way to hold him.. he is a montmorency player and will register with them again and that’s that.

May as well burn the contract now because it’s worthless.

Not sure at all but I think if there is money involved, they will have grounds not to approve it until repaid and i think this bloke was more a fringe player rather than a high paid recruit so doubt it (not sure on this as don't know him but from the convo the other day he only played a few senior games in 23). I have heard of Clubs making blokes bring back jumpers prior to clearance as they deem that as theirs which the league will enforce until repayment is made.

I think they just feel hard one by as he was advertised on their socials and brought a mate with him and all that blows up in their face. Sure, it's bound to happen, and people should be able to change their mind I suppose but it does question your character when you stand smiling with a coach and get plastered on socials then backflip but who would want to keep a player that does not want to play.
Approve what? He was never cleared to Lower, clearances don’t open until Feb now.

I reckon you hit the nail on the head....would you really want a bloke like this at your club anyway? Agrees to play with your club & shakes your hand used to be all the contract required - Not these days.

Approve what? He was never cleared to Lower, clearances don’t open until Feb now.

Contracts and Clearances both start with C but two different words. I was talking about contracts.

However, if he did take a sign on fee, I agree what would happen as he has always been with Mont and they could just register him for 24, shows contracts are not worth the paper they are written on I suppose.

I reckon you hit the nail on the head....would you really want a bloke like this at your club anyway? Agrees to play with your club & shakes your hand used to be all the contract required - Not these days.
I’m not sure of the specifics in this case…

But if a club says we have 50 on the track every night blah blah and you arrive and there are 2 players then you’d probably change your mind.

Remove this Banner Ad

All Divisions General NFNL Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back