All Elite Wrestling (On Triller TV and ESPN)

Remove this Banner Ad

Was able to get $74 flights with Jetstar and sister in law is overseas during that month so can use her place in Brisbane. Some exceptional timing.

Pretty gutted this is in Brisbane if I'm honest.

It's also on my sons 5th birthday.

I guess I just need to hope it sells incredibly well so they come back again.

I was so excited by this I got Chief to revive my account and end my 6-month BF sabbatical! This is the best wrestling news I've heard in years! (I hope you're all well... I'm going to try and limit myself to wrestling and cricket/F1/American football this time around.)

I have flights booked. I probably could've stayed with friends in Brisbane, but I didn't really want to have any obligation to them. I had this horrible feeling that if I stayed at their place on the Friday night, they'd ask me to look after their kids for the night, cos the Friday is Valentine's Day. Which would've been fine, they're young kids who'd be in bed the whole time - but I want to be free to go to a local show on Friday night, because surely someone is going to put one on. So I've booked a nice place near the stadium too (although I can cancel it if I change my plans.)

My biggest concern over the next 6 months is going to be what t-shirt to wear! I've been a PW Crate subscriber on and off for the last 2 years, I've been an AEW crate subscriber for that entire period - so I probably have 30 AEW t-shirts to choose from!

I'm considering wearing 4 of them to the show and changing midway.

****ing hype, such awesome news. Yeah, it would've been much easier and cheaper if it were Melbourne. It would've even been easier and cheaper if it were Sydney. Frankly, Brisbane is a huge pain in the dick! There was never any doubt though, I love AEW.

I just hope they don't pull a dick move with Dynamite and Rampage filmed in Sydney or Melbourne...

Brisbane was my least preferred option of the eastern states, but at least it's not a Perth trip!

Just gotta survive the heat.

I'm a bit nervous about the weather, there's every chance of a ferocious summer storm in February.

Brisbane sucks cos I hate flying. At least if it were Sydney (or hypothetically in Adelaide) I could've driven there. But from dropping off my dog, to the uber, to the airport, to the plane, to getting out of the airport, to trying to get to your accommodation - everything about air travel ****ing sucks.

The cheapest flights were going to be about $400 return to take a bag, it was going to be a lot more to be able to cancel it if something happens. So, being that I haven't flown since COVID, I did something crazy and booked the pointy end for $800, and it's fully refundable.

Now I just need tickets to go on sale. Having seen VIP prices, and knowing what I've spent already, I think I'll be going for the front 8 rows or so. I don't think I'm going to be able to find anyone in Brisbane to come, which sucks, but at least at means I can spend as much as I want on a ticket and not have to worry about anyone else. That fact may result in me getting a VIP ticket. (Of course, I'm trying to bare in mind that AEW aren't at all likely to sell 50k, and there may be very good, cheap tickets available closer to the event.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a bit nervous about the weather, there's every chance of a ferocious summer storm in February.

Brisbane sucks cos I hate flying. At least if it were Sydney (or hypothetically in Adelaide) I could've driven there. But from dropping off my dog, to the uber, to the airport, to the plane, to getting out of the airport, to trying to get to your accommodation - everything about air travel ****ing sucks.

The cheapest flights were going to be about $400 return to take a bag, it was going to be a lot more to be able to cancel it if something happens. So, being that I haven't flown since COVID, I did something crazy and booked the pointy end for $800, and it's fully refundable.

Now I just need tickets to go on sale. Having seen VIP prices, and knowing what I've spent already, I think I'll be going for the front 8 rows or so. I don't think I'm going to be able to find anyone in Brisbane to come, which sucks, but at least at means I can spend as much as I want on a ticket and not have to worry about anyone else. That fact may result in me getting a VIP ticket. (Of course, I'm trying to bare in mind that AEW aren't at all likely to sell 50k, and there may be very good, cheap tickets available closer to the event.)

I just managed to have my flight and accommodation expensed so that's nice, just have to drag my wife along now 😅

I don't imagine she will be too keen on forking out for the nicer seats, but with my company paying some of the bigger expenses maybe I can convince her... 😂

GV9XBAsWoAAahEQ

Now I need to decide if it's worth keeping Triller to avoid ad breaks, the repetition on ESPN really is interminable, and I'll already be watching a lot of ESPN coming into NFL season.
I'd keep Triller if you're watching live. ESPN shuffles the timeslots too much

Pre-sale tickets for Brisbane start next Friday (6 Sept.) Ticket prices are also on Ticketek, and... well, they'll be reducing them come next January. I think the sickos will pay for the ringside, I think that'll be fine. But I think the number of people beyond the sickos who are prepared to spend $190 - $265 falls off pretty quickly.

I can't see an event map, so I don't know what the $20 tickets will be, but I'd suggest they might end up being the deal of the day when they get first chance to upgrade tickets at cheaper prices early next year.

Pre-sale tickets for Brisbane start next Friday (6 Sept.) Ticket prices are also on Ticketek, and... well, they'll be reducing them come next January. I think the sickos will pay for the ringside, I think that'll be fine. But I think the number of people beyond the sickos who are prepared to spend $190 - $265 falls off pretty quickly.

I can't see an event map, so I don't know what the $20 tickets will be, but I'd suggest they might end up being the deal of the day when they get first chance to upgrade tickets at cheaper prices early next year.
Im wondering if the family pass (tickets) works for 4 unrelated adults. 😬.

Remove this Banner Ad

All Elite Wrestling (On Triller TV and ESPN)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back