All Elite Wrestling (On Triller TV and ESPN)

Remove this Banner Ad

Men's and Women's Owen Cup Brackets: (PAC advances)
1718886016889.png 1718886163690.png

Rampage Lineup:
GQfiRGRXkAApV2_

Added to Collision:
GQfO-ouXQAA_llg
GQfJZOaXUAA3osw

Next week on Dynamite:
1718887100243.png 1718887074935.png 1718887123026.png

Last edited:
Great opener between MJF/Rush. Nice line from Ospreay to Swerve about Swerve having a hit row, while he had a hit list.

Mark Briscoe's promo very entertaining + solid 8 man tag.

Okada cutting of Caster's mic and calling him bitch hahaha. Reckon that needs to be saved just for Okada, someone tell Shibata and Saraya not to use that phrase.

Was that the first ever eliminator/proving ground match under Tony Khan that the challenger(s) actually won? Felt like a million times in a row the champ won.

I like the Bucks but this EVP assaulting Tony flexing power has so many holes it . Why on earth would they put themselves in a title eliminator match.
Christopher Daniels provides balance by being the face authority figure, already established weeks ago.

Christopher Daniels provides balance by being the face authority figure, already established weeks ago.
I know but I still think it has holes in it. You can beat your boss up to the point he’s gotta wear a neck brace but you have to listen to an authority figure….

I think if they were in a title defence only it would sit better rather than having do meaningless title eliminator matches.

It’s nit picking but these guys should be complete assholes and avoid it at all costs .

This Shane McMahon potentially working with AEW is just pure crap isn't it?

Wouldn't have thought that would go down well with any loyal AEW fan surely?

Danielson vs White is probably my dream outcome.
Would have loved to have seen Danielson v Claudio as the final.....

Not a huge fan of JJ but in this case I really wouldn't complain one bit at all if he made the final given the history with Owen/ tag partner when Owen died.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would have loved to have seen Danielson v Claudio as the final.....

Not a huge fan of JJ but in this case I really wouldn't complain one bit at all if he made the final given the history with Owen/ tag partner when Owen died.
I think he jobs to Hangman, but hopefully it's given the emotional weight that it should be. AEW are normally good at that.

That was a fun dynamite.

Honestly, maybe I'm a workrate nerd, but this kind of product is EXACTLY what I want.

Yep, this is why I can't stand the tribal wars.

I prefer the workrate style which I'm guarantee to get on every episode of AEW.
I don't get why people deprive themselves of great in-ring action on the basis of it 'hAvInG nO sToRy'.

In saying that, I can appreciate the story based approach in the WWE and love how grand and important each match feels on a PLE.

It's way more fun just enjoying both.

I don't get why people deprive themselves of great in-ring action on the basis of it 'hAvInG nO sToRy'.

In saying that, I can appreciate the story based approach in the WWE and love how grand and important each match feels on a PLE.

Which is why I probably rate the Steamboat Savage match at WM3 so highly. As it started off as just an intercontinental championship match, then Savage went completely psycho and smashed the ring bell into Steamboats throat. Which then culminated into a feud between the 2. Which ultimately ended up with a match that still stands up today. So you can have both.

Other matches that I rate that had good storyline and also a work rate match would be Owen Hart vs Bret Hart at WM10 which started at the previous Survivor series, which was based on sibling rivalry. (although the beginning of that fued, their Steel cage match at Summerslam was excellent) Bret Hart vs Stone Cold that ended at WM13. The triple threat match at WM 20, with HHH, Micheals and Benoit. Punk vs MJF series. Punk vs Cena 2014 is another example of a storyline that has a high quality match. Micheal’s vs Undertaker as well obviously. Warrior vs Savage retirement match at WM 7.

If you have a reasonable story, to get invested in a match, and the match absolutely delivers, they are the matches that you tend to go back to on regular basis.

Matches that just dwell on a storyline, you tend to remember the storyline and that’s it notable ones for me would be Hogan vs Andre, the match was crap, let’s be honest, it was the story that has made it so iconic. Mark Henry in his salmon suit, and retirement promo, before attacking Cena, Brock Lesner ending the streak. Dusty’s Hard Times against Ric Flair would be another example.

You do also have excellent work rate matches, where there is no build up or storyline, Steamboat vs Flair trilogy, Bulldog vs Bret Hart, Dynamite Kid vs Tiger Mask, Benoit vs Angle, Omega vs Okada, Hogan vs Warrior at WM6. All excellent matches, without too much of a build behind them. How ever you really don’t have an emotional connection, as you just want the match to last.

For me, I think the real great matches, are where there is both. So you have that emotional connection, for the other to triumph, while not being bored by sub standard matches.

Last edited:
The best matches AEW has ever done imo was the Dustin vs Cody match, where at the end Cody just wants his brother, after a tremendous match. The other match(s) were the Punk vs MJF, as the storytelling and the matches were of a high standard.

The best matches AEW has ever done imo was the Dustin vs Cody match, where at the end Cody just wants his brother, after a tremendous match. The other match(s) were the Punk vs MJF, as the storytelling and the matches were of a high standard.

I'm a Christian mark, and the Copeland fued will always be memorable to me for the obvious history and the trio of good to great matches they had.

I wish both companies would find a happy medium, but there's a thirst for what both companies are putting on. FWIW I think they're both trying to be better in both aspects they're generally criticised for.

Ultimately they shouldn't be compared because they're trying to be different things anyway.

We're spoiled for choice and it should be celebrated. Anyone with a cult like view of any company is robbing themselves of potential fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

All Elite Wrestling (On Triller TV and ESPN)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back