All Elite Wrestling (On Triller TV and ESPN)

Remove this Banner Ad

It kind of sucks for those of us who are travelling, and thus need to lock in the best seat we can now.

But I really think that, for locals who aren't investing as much into the show, these cheaper tickets are going to be the deal of the day, because you're a good chance of being upgraded. You're just not going to know til the last couple of weeks.

Although... I guess for all the talk about potentially underselling and the potential for upgrades... AEW historically prefer to make half the stadium look great, and just not shoot behind the hard cam, as opposed to moving people down and leaving the upper tier empty. So who knows.

Yep when I looked they weren't selling the presumed hard cam side.

Went and saw Iron Maiden on Saturday night at Rod Laver Arena. Would much prefer to catch wrestling at a venue like that.

Good call. I think both tbh.

There’s got to be a reason why WWE and AEW didn’t go the obvious choices of Melbourne or Sydney.

Although I haven't seen it reported, I assume it is a paid show. Can't see why they would chose the third most populated city without being incentivised.

Although I haven't seen it reported, I assume it is a paid show. Can't see why they would chose the third most populated city without being incentivised.
Agree. It seems like most overseas sporting tours go to cities in Australia whereby they are getting money from local government.

WWE in Perth for Elimination Chamber was practically a tourism ad in between matches for Western Australia.

Queensland government is probably using a similar tourism budget to bring AEW to Australia. I wonder if they have to spend an allocated budget each year. Otherwise wouldn't you just bank the federal government grants and spend big for Olympics in 2032.

For Melbournians, it is probably harder to attract special sporting events given they already have a lot of events on the calendar like F1 Grand Prix, AFL Grand Final, Melbourne Cup, Australian Open Tennis Grand Slam that the Victorian government already support.

I think the current problem with WWE and AEW when doing overseas tours are they are just time poor due to television commitments.

They are not comfortable doing a TV taping in Australia and are committed to live shows. So they film live in USA, and immediately jump on a plane to Australia whereby due to time difference they have already lost a day on the calendar. Leaving Wednesday midnight in USA and arrive Friday morning in Australia.
Talent would be jetlagged from the flight.

Despite this, I'm hoping there is a Welcome party event that gets annouced Friday afternoon before Grand Slam Australia. AEW held one the day before in London for All In and from videos on youtube it seemed like a fun event. Toni Storm had a nice brawl on stage with Mariah May. And it would be good for a huge merch store that people can check out before the event. Like what the WWE did in Perth.

Top 10 AEW wrestlers in the PWI 500.

2- Swerve Strickland
3- Will Ospreay (Partly New Japan)
7- MJF
8- Jon Moxley
11- Samoa Joe
14- Bryan Danielson
20- Eddie Kingston
21- Okada (Partly New Japan)
24- Orange Cassidy
26- Adam Copeland

50,000 attendees would be an insanely good result - I can't imagine anyone thinks that's likely. 20,000 would be a good outcome.

Word on the street is that 30k is the "success line", and that they couldn't be happier with how VIP sales and pre-sales have gone so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rumoured to be another new show of some description.
Too many shows
I wonder IF they could pull off a brand split without damaging their ratings/interest/storylines. Then you have Dynamite/Rampage, and Collision/Shockwave.
ROH is supposed to be the other brand with it's own set of titles. Should be putting that on TV and pumping that up.

Remove this Banner Ad

All Elite Wrestling (On Triller TV and ESPN)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back