All Elite Wrestling (On Triller TV and ESPN)

Remove this Banner Ad

Miro was DOA when his gimmick was literally a wannabe pro gamer/streamer. Way to tell people who want to invest in you that they shouldn't bother, cos wrestling isn't your priority.

The Redeemer had potential, but when it when overtly religious as "God's favourite champion" it killed him even more dead. I can't think of an overtly religious character that's ever truly gotten over in wrestling, religion and wrestling just isn't a marriage that anyone cares about or wants to see.

Added to Grand Slam Dynamite:
Jamie Hayter vs Saraya in a "Saraya's Rules" match. (Not sure what that is)
There are no rules except for the following.
  1. You cannot use weapons, unless you are Saraya
  2. You must obey the 10 count unless you are Saraya
  3. No biting, choking, closed fist, hair pulling or groin kicking, unless you are Saraya
  4. No Hammerlocks (Saraya never liked those anyway)
  5. No outside interference, unless you are a friend of Saraya's
  6. No rope breaks, unless you are Saraya
  7. The match must only begin with offense from Saraya
  8. Jamie Hayter is a slag
  9. The winner receives an autographed copy of Saraya's autobiography, available now for pre-order

Added to Grand Slam Dynamite:
Okada vs Sammy Guevara in a Continental Title Eliminator match. If Sammy wins he gets a title shot on the 5 year anniversary the week after.
1727007155584.png
GYCtGHqWMAAbndl

Added to Rampage:
Willow Nightingale vs Taya Valkyrie

Added to the 5 Year Anniversary of Dynamite in 2 weeks:
Britt Baker vs Serena Deeb

Wrestling Observer claiming AEW's payroll is approx 104mil, and they are seeking at least 125mil per year in the TV rights deal to make the company break even.
Apparently the figure could be 170mil per year on a 3 year deal with an option for a 4th.

Way more than the 125mil needed.

I like Deeb, and I'm pretty understanding of most modern wrestling spots even if they lack a little logic, but I wish there was a complete blanket ban on that 'pretzel' thing where she ties up her opponent who suddenly has to pretend they can't move, until a drop-kick to the arse acts as the 'break'.

It's absurd and needs to go in the bin!

I like Deeb, and I'm pretty understanding of most modern wrestling spots even if they lack a little logic, but I wish there was a complete blanket ban on that 'pretzel' thing where she ties up her opponent who suddenly has to pretend they can't move, until a drop-kick to the arse acts as the 'break'.

It's absurd and needs to go in the bin!
It’s better if you do it outside the ring and win by countout

Wait until you see one guy propel another in one direction where he continues running until the ropes get in his way, forcing him to return back in the opposite direction, his momentum only stopped by being hit by the first guy. Your mind will be blown.

The thing is though, if you consider the sports side of professional wrestling, getting momentum off the ropes is something you want to do because you are being separated from your opponent and you have the ability to counter attack.

The spot I'm mentioning just looks absolutely ridiculous and makes NO sense. It buries the person being tied up in my opinion.

The thing is though, if you consider the sports side of professional wrestling, getting momentum off the ropes is something you want to do because you are being separated from your opponent and you have the ability to counter attack.

The spot I'm mentioning just looks absolutely ridiculous and makes NO sense. It buries the person being tied up in my opinion.

Link or GIF of it available?

I actually don't even know what it's called, so it's hard to find.

But I've seen it a few times. Sanada did it to Jack Perry at Forbidden Door in 2023.
Deeb did it last week on Dynamite and then this week on Collison. They're the only times I've seen it happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we talking about the Rat Trap?

Remove this Banner Ad

All Elite Wrestling (On Triller TV and ESPN)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back