Nash
Stoudemire
Marion
Nowitzki
Parker
Boozer
Iverson

Joining: Garnett, KG, Yao, Bryant, McGrady

With Yao 99% sure to be missing, and Boozer also, expect Stoudemire to start at the 5. I'd like to see Camby in to replace Boozer. If the game gets tight he can play some D and help us win.

Parker and Iverson to provide speed.

East

Billups
Hamilton
Kidd
Carter
J O'Neal
Howard
Butler

Joining: LeBron, Bosh, Shaq, Wade, Arenas

A nice mix here. Howard and JON add size to a small lineup (in comparison to the West). Only one real PG in the squad in Kidd to distrubute the ball, but Billups can play there and is dangerous from anywhere.

Good selections-I can't really think of anyone that was unlucky to miss out. The only one that I could mount a case for being there would be Joe Johnson in the East.

true, but i guess being on a losing side doesnt help as such. his performances have been outstanding but.

sad to see boozer injured and miss out.

true, but i guess being on a losing side doesnt help as such. his performances have been outstanding but.

sad to see boozer injured and miss out.

JJ has been magnificent, and for the All Star reserves, it shouldn't matter how your team is going.

JJ has been better than some on that bench, and he is very unlucky not to be there.

Boozer is unlucky, he has been very good this season so far, hopefully we see him back soon.

On a side note, am I the only one that thinks it is more of an honour to be selected on the bench for the All-Star game than as a starter?

Josh Howard very stiff. The best record in the league deserves a second guy, otherwise you might as well give Dirk the MVP now.

for the west i9'am hoping that melo and josh howard are taken in as reserves because of the injuries, both can spend some time at the pf position, especially howard who is a thiough rebounder

Niice to see dwight howard in but i'am sorely dissapointed for carmelo anthony. has had a great season and if it wasn't for suspension would be a shoe in.

As thewlis dish said, if your not gonna include josh howard just give dirk the mvp (i wouldn't mind that) haha

would he be the first truly european player to win mvp??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

define true european.
nash is the only non USA player to win an mvp. oops, hakeem olajuwoun! well, hes naturalisd and even played for the USA, but i'd count him.

By true european i mean a player who was born there and player all their basketball there untill they were drafted and then come to america. Also still being a full citizen and playing for their country at olympics and world champs etc.

Josh Howard stiffest of the lot by a fair margin id say!! but he will get in anyway when he is picked to fill one of the two vacent spots left by the yao and boozer injuries. probably fair to say melo would fill the other spot unless stern still holds a grudge for the fight lol!

Josh Howard stiffest of the lot by a fair margin id say!! but he will get in anyway when he is picked to fill one of the two vacent spots left by the yao and boozer injuries. probably fair to say melo would fill the other spot unless stern still holds a grudge for the fight lol!

JJ is stiffer than Howard to miss...

You have to be kidding right?? :confused:

His team has the best record in the NBA. He is averaging 19.5ppg & 7.2rpg

How someone's team is going should have no bearing on whether or not someone, an INDIVIDUAL, is selected to participate in the All Star game.

Their stats this season are pretty even, with Johnson leading in points, assists, field goal percentage, 3 point field goal percentage and less fouls per game and Howard leading in rebounds, blocks, steals (by 0.1 per game), less turnovers, and free throw percentage.

So, as you can see, they are both stiff. I think JJ is more unlucky because he adds more to Atlanta than Howard does to Dallas.

How someone's team is going should have no bearing on whether or not someone, an INDIVIDUAL, is selected to participate in the All Star game.

So why does Tony Parker make it ahead of Ray Allen and Baron Davis?

Team success has always played a factor in the benches.

Remove this Banner Ad

All star benches are set

Remove this Banner Ad

Back