Toast All things Paul Roos + Coaching: McCartney joins coaches

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Michael voss would be a fantastic candidate

A triple premiership coach teaching a triple premiership player

Voss had his Brisbane team playing some good footy by the end of the year and were every chance to play finals next year

A 2-3 year apprenticeship under Roos would do wonders for him
Does Roosy have another two premierships that I'm not aware of, or are you just assuming we're gonna win it in '14 and '15?

Hmm apparently I got a little excited typing away there
I think we've all been guilty of that at one point or another since Roosday.

I wonder if one of the discarded coaches from other clubs would be interested in the position. Someone like a Ratten, Laidley or Knights. Whoever it is, I'm confident that PJ and Roosy will pick the best person available. They've shown nothing yet to suggest otherwise.

To answer an earlier question, Tom Harley is Sydney based because his wife has a high profile job there. Harley is NSW AFL Manager as well as a Fox commentator.

Reckon Leigh Tudor is a possible for your next coach, great footy brain and very calm by nature. Forget about his duff kick across goals for NM in a 90s final that cost them a GF berth!

To answer an earlier question, Tom Harley is Sydney based because his wife has a high profile job there. Harley is NSW AFL Manager as well as a Fox commentator.

Reckon Leigh Tudor is a possible for your next coach, great footy brain and very calm by nature. Forget about his duff kick across goals for NM in a 90s final that cost them a GF berth!
Yeah so calm he looks asleep in the box, reputedly does nothing during the week and is heading to North Melbourne for 3 more years until he gets found out there.

Just heard on SEN that Melbourne tweeted we will be announcing our assistant coach very soon!

I read that tweet and got all excited thinking a press conference this afternoon or tomorrow. Then the article is just what he said on the couch last night. Add that to the fact that one likely candidate is Simpson who wouldn't be available until after the Prelim or GF. THink it could be a few weeks away.

someone on demonology has stated it is Nathan Bassett. Claims he got the mail from a Norwood board member. I believe this would be a great get

(Log in to remove this ad.)

someone on demonology has stated it is Nathan Bassett. Claims he got the mail from a Norwood board member. I believe this would be a great get
Makes a bit of sense as to why they would be able to announce it "soon" if they wanted. I must admit I would not be upset with Bassett, I've heard good things.

Very strong whisperings that Garry Lyon will be the senior assistant at the MFC.

Take it to the bank! (My sister's, mother's, best-friend's hairdresser buys her meat from the same butcher as Garry and the butcher said Lyon has been buying fillet steak instead of rump this week. Sure fire indicator he's already spending his big pay rise. Plus when they mentioned Roos on FC this week the 3rd middle finger on his right hand twitched.) :p

Very strong whisperings that Garry Lyon will be the senior assistant at the MFC.

Take it to the bank! (My sister's, mother's, best-friend's hairdresser buys her meat from the same butcher as Garry and the butcher said Lyon has been buying fillet steak instead of rump this week. Sure fire indicator he's already spending his big pay rise. Plus when they mentioned Roos on FC this week the 3rd middle finger on his right hand twitched.) :p
Wow. Didn't see that coming... Always thought Lyon to be a Porterhouse type guy.

poor Gary must have fallen on hard times indeed

Look, you guys can have Roos. He can take Stone.

But i'm reading here, you guys are looking at Tudor, Micky-O, Kirk and Tadgh? Hey... BACK OFF! It's like Poach-a-swan down there!

Nah, just kidding. Stoked Roosy is in the game again. Glad he'll get the best people. Hope next year brings better things for you guys. :thumbsu:

But i'm reading here, you guys are looking at Tudor, Micky-O, Kirk and Tadgh? Hey... BACK OFF! It's like Poach-a-swan down there!

Nah, just kidding. Stoked Roosy is in the game again. Glad he'll get the best people. Hope next year brings better things for you guys. :thumbsu:
Well if we get Tudor, Micky o and Tadgh, it would make sense to send Kennedy Jack x 2 and Hanneberry down south.

They come as a package!

apparently Tadhg is all but done man hahahaha

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast All things Paul Roos + Coaching: McCartney joins coaches

Remove this Banner Ad

Back