All things Politics

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found out this very minute that Kamala Harris's husband is jewish. I must admit that affects my thoughts on shapiro becoming VP. I thought she might have had some genuine empathy for the palestinians being bombed and that might get in the way of her campaign. I'm less concerned about that now. However, it seems that Shapiro has hit it off with some Republicans for his strong support of Israel. Democrats may see him as a means to drag people back to their party...

Shapiro is favoured by the donors, not sure why you think progressives like him, they refer to him as GOP-lite. Him calling protesters KKK hasn’t done him any favours with the progressive block, but even before that he was running foul of the education union with his implementation of school vouchers that have been exploited to discriminate against minorities.

Progressives favour walz followed by bashear. He may well get the nod, but it won’t be to appeal to progressives it will be to shore up the vote in Pennsylvania as people like to vote for the hometown boy.

I don’t think progressives like him

Polling suggests they dislike him

This is why Dem strategists are marking him down compared to other candidates

It is about turnout of Dems

I don’t think progressives like him

Polling suggests they dislike him

This is why Dem strategists are marking him down compared to other candidates

It is about turnout of Dems
it’s a bit of a misnomer that progressives don’t turnout and can be ignored, quite the opposite, when they don’t turnout the dems lose. (Not you, it’s a msm narrative) Compare the pair Clinton vs Biden, both up against trump. Clinton pitched her campaign to the Rockefeller republicans, progressives stayed home and she lost. Biden took a big tent approach incorporating something for progressives and they came out and he won.

Democrats can’t tack too far in any direction, they have a diverse base.

That's the key point.

The article neglects to mention that. The tone implies none. You clearly believe it to be none.

Markfs fails to mention the disclaimer at all.

Thats why he is a disingenous campaigner.

i suppose the key issue is why do jewish australian groups - and in fact, their equivalents in most western countries since the 1960s - spend large sums of money shipping politicians and teachers and unionists and journalists and newspaper editors to israel for supposed "study tours"? Why do they ship university students over there for these tours?

I ask anyone reading this. Do you think Israel hasnt been given a fair go in the Australian media or its parliaments over the last 70 years? Hasnt this country sided with Israel in all its wars and purges against Arabs and palestinians? Havent the media and our gov'ts come to the defense of the indefensible? And they still need to be re-educated?

Who are the disingenuous people in this matter? I suggest that its those who are manipulating the opinions of Australian community leaders?

That's the key point.

The article neglects to mention that. The tone implies none. You clearly believe it to be none.

Markfs fails to mention the disclaimer at all.

Thats why he is a disingenous campaigner.
So you can't name anyone?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To silly posts, yes.
Sad actually if you need to reply in that manner.

He is a monster Maggie

There is Hazchem tape all over his keyboard
I actually don't find them amusing especially if you don't know what space the person they are replying to is in.

I don't see any need nor is it clever.

I actually don't find them amusing especially if you don't know what space the person they are replying to is in.

I don't see any need nor is it clever.

It's tough sometimes, eg, you're finding it hard to avoid calling him a dickhead, aren't you? Let him have it!

First came those 2000lb bombs, then came starvation, now comes polio. I'd like to see world leaders ask the israelis what is the number of people that they want to cull the population of gaza down to. If they were given a figure, we might be able to take the stress out of the enforced population reduction....

First came those 2000lb bombs, then came starvation, now comes polio. I'd like to see world leaders ask the israelis what is the number of people that they want to cull the population of gaza down to. If they were given a figure, we might be able to take the stress out of the enforced population reduction....
You are so naive, Princess. Biden and Netahayu have already agreed on the figure, and Biden signed off on it. The figure however is not for public disclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad