All things Politics

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Israel drops bombs wrapped with metal which is designed to fragment into small pieces.

These pierce bodies with small entry and exit wounds whilst slashing the inside of the body.

Especially in crowded areas, they seem designed to cause as many casualties as possible, and are a particular danger to children.

Feroze Sidhwa, a trauma surgeon from California, worked at the European hospital in southern Gaza in April.

“About half of the injuries I took care of were in young kids. We saw a lot of so-called splinter injuries that were very, very small to the point that you easily missed them while examining a patient. Much, much smaller than anything I’ve seen before but they caused tremendous damage on the inside,” he said.

Weapons experts said the shrapnel and wounds are consistent with Israeli-made weapons designed to create large numbers of casualties unlike more conventional weapons used to destroy buildings. The experts question why they are being fired into areas packed with civilians.

well you can understand why....injured kids require a lot of resources and they're probably going to be unable to fight when they become adults....and i would think the terrorising aspect of shrapnel is also a winner for the israelis.

but i can see why those micro shrapnel pellets appeal to the israelis...

The Hamas-run health ministry in Gaza says at least 90 Palestinians have been killed in an Israeli air strike on a designated humanitarian area.

Another example of the most moral army in the world.

The Israelis say that they were going after Hamas leadership but who really thinks this war is going to stop before the Israels secure the promised land, or at least until the Palestinians are scattered to the wind?

I thought it was interesting that Netinyahoo authorized the strike on the understanding that no hostages were in the area. It makes me wonder how does the IDF know the answer to this question and why so little of its activities are involved in hostage recovery? It seems that the hostages are just another group of people who have become martyrs to the biblical quest.

I hope the US congress gives Netinyahoo a standing ovation when he makes his triumphant entrance.

well you boys might think this is normal behavior but I'd be worried if I was detained by the IDF.

I’d be more worried about going to church in any country in the world.
The Jesus followers have a much worse track record than any Jewish institution.

The Hamas-run health ministry in Gaza says at least 90 Palestinians have been killed in an Israeli air strike on a designated humanitarian area.

Another example of the most moral army in the world.

The Israelis say that they were going after Hamas leadership but who really thinks this war is going to stop before the Israels secure the promised land, or at least until the Palestinians are scattered to the wind?

I thought it was interesting that Netinyahoo authorized the strike on the understanding that no hostages were in the area. It makes me wonder how does the IDF know the answer to this question and why so little of its activities are involved in hostage recovery? It seems that the hostages are just another group of people who have become martyrs to the biblical quest.

I hope the US congress gives Netinyahoo a standing ovation when he makes his triumphant entrance.
If the Palestinians just handed over these criminals they wouldn’t have these issues .
But of course then you’d have nothing to rant about.
And that would be the end of you I think.

If the Palestinians just handed over these criminals they wouldn’t have these issues .
But of course then you’d have nothing to rant about.
And that would be the end of you I think.
so that's why the Palestinians are being bombed....I knew all along that they deserved it.

I’d be more worried about going to church in any country in the world.
The Jesus followers have a much worse track record than any Jewish institution.

well who can argue with that logic. lets just hope that everyone can get bombed equally...

it seems that the israelis are really trying to eradicate schools in gaza....

they are hoping to stop palestinian children from getting an education because it impacts on the safety of israelis. Educated palestinians on tv make israelis nervous....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

UNRWA has reported that the Israelis have destroyed its headquarters in Gaza. Not surprising...and not surprising that it's done in and around the republican convention.

I am getting sick of the humiliating whining by UN officials.

Turkey is moving to revoke the citizenship of its nationals who served in the IDF during the Gaza conflict. I think fighting for another country is a pretty plain statement about loyalties.

The proposed bill aims to strip citizenship and seize assets of individuals involved in what Turkish media described as war crimes in Gaza. This controversial move, supported by the Turkish Islamist party, intends to enforce the return of these individuals to Turkey within three months; failure to comply will result in citizenship revocation and asset seizure.

Sounds fair to me.....

What about the Greens? They are truly a special bunch. Not content to stay in their fantasy world of nuclear disarmament, they now want to end AUKUS and have us cut defence spending. That is a heady cocktail of lunacy.
They sure have gone off the rails, almost Vic Greens level.

we've just gone through an era where the collins submarines have been in port getting fixed more often than under the sea.... and then we have a decade delay in getting the nuke subs .... and i think (if they work) that they'll spend their time under the sea in some far off coast trying to protect american interests...

and we will be dumping nuke waste here and probably all the american and british stuff too. We're like that kid at school who pays for all the other kids' lunches and then gets the shit beaten out of them....and no, not me, i didnt have any cash.

we've just gone through an era where the collins submarines have been in port getting fixed more often than under the sea.... and then we have a decade delay in getting the nuke subs .... and i think (if they work) that they'll spend their time under the sea in some far off coast trying to protect american interests...

and we will be dumping nuke waste here and probably all the american and british stuff too. We're like that kid at school who pays for all the other kids' lunches and then gets the shit beaten out of them....and no, not me, i didnt have any cash.
I like that we're soon to be in a $350 billion dollar deal, relying on a crooked shyster to follow through on the terms of his predecessor's deal ...

I like that we're soon to be in a $350 billion dollar deal, relying on a crooked shyster to follow through on the terms of his predecessor's deal ...

i thought a crooked shyster made the deal.....or to describe him less kindly a christian PR man...

actually i thought the scomo had been contracted to represent the USA's interests... its good that they're going after the CFMEU but pollies seamlessly entering employment with companies that they negotiated with is an example of perfection. No wonder these people end up with million dollar mansions on 200K a year.

Meanwhile i noticed that newspapers are marking the 10yr anniversary of that bimbo's finest moment in red shoes...

I have to express my admiration for this woman going to gaza and the conditions in which she operated.

I also admire that she told the israelis that she was coming. A bit like going out to dinner and putting a sign on the front door that no one is home....

Turkey is moving to revoke the citizenship of its nationals who served in the IDF during the Gaza conflict. I think fighting for another country is a pretty plain statement about loyalties.

The proposed bill aims to strip citizenship and seize assets of individuals involved in what Turkish media described as war crimes in Gaza. This controversial move, supported by the Turkish Islamist party, intends to enforce the return of these individuals to Turkey within three months; failure to comply will result in citizenship revocation and asset seizure.

Sounds fair to me.....

Just like they did in WW2

One thing that you can say about the israeli gov't. It's reasonably honest with its overall policy direction.....reasonably. It isnt too trustworthy on the details.

Anyway, it has stated clearly stated that there will be no "two-state solution". It has been clear on it. The israeli apologists and the various ass-licking governments around the world that pretend that it is a possible solution can now read the facts of the matter. Albo albo can now shut his mouth about a two-state solution. Mate, the israelis are never going to let that happen. Get that through your thick head.....

It does not mean a rat's arse whether every country in the world recognises the state of palestine, because israel is never ever going to allow that state to eventuate. And from the previous gutless attempts by the US and other govts in the last 9 months, they have buckley's chance of adjusting israel's attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back