All things ROK (We don't need multiple threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Warning: This is just what I heard from a friend so may not actually have happened, so don't shoot me down as I hate as much as anyone the crap that some people claim is true on BF. But I thought that I may as well post it as it could be very interesting if true.

O'Keefe was spotted at Princes Park yesterday, by a friend of mine on his way to uni. He saw him pull up in a taxi next to him and he then followed it to Princes Park.

This may not be true and I don't expect people to believe it cause I don't, but if it is true it may prove that it is just a smoke screen that the club is not interested in O'Keefe.

Thought I would just let everyone know...
Interesting news.Also a coincidence that the delistings of the club were done pretty much at the same time,maybe to make some more room for ROK as well????

My tip is that he will stay in Sydney - although it's interesting that someone may have spotted him at Visy Park.
He must have been there visiting Kerr.:rolleyes:

Warning: This is just what I heard from a friend so may not actually have happened, so don't shoot me down as I hate as much as anyone the crap that some people claim is true on BF. But I thought that I may as well post it as it could be very interesting if true.

O'Keefe was spotted at Princes Park yesterday, by a friend of mine on his way to uni. He saw him pull up in a taxi next to him and he then followed it to Princes Park.

This may not be true and I don't expect people to believe it cause I don't, but if it is true it may prove that it is just a smoke screen that the club is not interested in O'Keefe.

Thought I would just let everyone know...

You've been watching far too many movies.

Oh and why would Carlton need to provide a smokescreen? What possible benefit could be gained by it?

I get the feeling reading between the lines there might be bit more to play out of the Ryan O'Keefe - Carlton story.

All depends on our salary cap situation and whether Essendon are that keen for him. I fear Essendon are not, however they'll make damn sure its difficult for him to join us. Their salary cap would be in healthier shape than ours I would imagine.

A Ryan O'Keefe on a forward flank for us with the additon of certain gun with #6, I would be dissapointed if we didn't finish in the top 6 next year at the least.

I get the feeling reading between the lines there might be bit more to play out of the Ryan O'Keefe - Carlton story.

Perhaps I may be growing more cynical as the years pass by, but I doubt very much that it is just coincidence that the same poster who bumped this thread for no apparent reason, and gave it new life, also happens to be the only one that has heard about ROK being linked to us.

Carlton has come out, twice, and said we won't get him. Even is they hadn't, no one believes that he can fall to our 6th pick in the psd.

The only ones driving this 'feeling' are bored posters making up sh^t such as blue boys...No chance ROK will be at Carlton.

I just heard that the AFL have approved the "unusual contract conditions" of Smurf and an announcement is imminent possibly as soon as tomorrow. I just wonder what ramifications this will have for us possibly snaring ROK. I guess we will see. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just heard that the AFL have approved the "unusual contract conditions" of Smurf and an announcement is imminent possibly as soon as tomorrow. I just wonder what ramifications this will have for us possibly snaring ROK. I guess we will see. ;)

Anything you can add to the "unusual" part of Murph's contract BB?

Just had to work out what was "fair remuneration" for "servicing" a private jet on a regualr basis.:D

I'd rather not post it publicly, but it supposedly contained requests for marketing/promotional allowances. Very innovative of the club. All will be revealed soon. ;)

I whacked this up on the Murphy thread as well:

Prominent poster Synbad reported on TC that Murph will be signed, sealed delivered tomorrow. He also notes that it will not impact on any potential ROK deal. Getting interesting.....:cool:

SYDNEY forward Ryan O'Keefe has fired the latest shot in the players' battle for free agency as he weighs up whether to run the gauntlet of the pre-season draft. O'Keefe must decide if his wish to move back to Victoria is worth the risk of being plucked by West Coast, Fremantle or Port Adelaide, who have early picks in the December 16 draft.

Melbourne has the first selection in the draft, but the Demons have expressed doubts over whether they can afford the All-Australian.

O'Keefe yesterday told the Herald Sun of his frustration at not being able to find a new home during trade week.

"It's a frustrating period. The players really don't have much power in it," O'Keefe said. "Obviously they're wanting to get traded, but it's really up to the clubs to do their dealing.

"I think there should be a strong push for free agency, especially for players who have served their clubs for a long time."

O'Keefe said he would make a decision by next week as to whether he would stay with the Swans or push ahead with an attempted move back to Melbourne.

"There are a lot of interstate clubs that have got picks before the Melbourne teams and that's something that is weighing on my decision," he said. "There is a risk."

O'Keefe, whose mother Lynne and younger siblings Bridie and Mason are in Melbourne, is desperate to return home. The close-knit family has lost two sons, Aaron in a 2002 car accident and Dane, at nine months, to sudden infant death syndrome.

"Family is the big thing. We've been through a lot since I've been away," O'Keefe said.

"It would be good to get back and the time to move is probably now."

O'Keefe, a keen cyclist, flew into Melbourne yesterday for tomorrow's Around the Bay in a Day ride.

While most of his teammates are on end-of-season trips, O'Keefe will ride 210km to help raise money for the Smith Family.

"A few of the boys are in Las Vegas at the moment, probably just getting home I think," he said. "But I love cycling and Bicycle Victoria asked me to be one of their ambassadors and it's for a great cause."

There you go another twist to all of this.

Ouch, now that one stumped me. :eek::p

Good on him for choosing to play out his career at Sydney though. One would think he may have requested for more chances to make his way down to Melbourne through the footy season if his contract is indeed as long as four years.

Definite positive for Sydney, especially with the possibility of Hall perhaps looking towards a boxing career.

Ouch, now that one stumped me. :eek::p
:D
We've all been there.;)

Wouldn't be surprised to see him ask for another trade again down the track. His contract just ensures Sydney will get something for him.
If it doesn't happen next year then you would think it is all over.

Remove this Banner Ad

All things ROK (We don't need multiple threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back