Player Watch All time Pendlebury records watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Updates made after a rollercoaster draw against Freo. Not much to report except Pendles has moved into 12th and now chasing the great Nathan Buckley and just six kicks this week will see him move into 11th

He played with a bicep tear!!

Sadly it all but writes off any new records this year. Still a slim chance for most games with teammates but the stars will need to align with Steeles fitness and form.

He needs to play on next year so hopefully he makes a full recovery and doesn’t start copping injuries that make him reconsider continuing

How do you get a bicep tear? Didn't think it was a heavily used muscle in footy.
Don’t know for certain, but he certainly got upset with Fyfe holding his arm at a clearance at one stage.

Not sure if another has mentioned this on this thread but Pendles has the most 600 possession plus seasons in history (8)

Likely also holds the record for most 500 plus possession seasons (13)… but that needs to be checked

Scott west and Sam Mitchell was the next closest i saw with 11 x 500 plus possessions in a season

* Pendlebury was on track for another 500 possession plus season this year before injury struck

Last edited:
Not sure if another has mentioned this on this thread but Pendles has the most 600 possession plus seasons in history (8)

Likely also holds the record for most 500 plus possession seasons (13)… but that needs to be checked

Scott west and Sam Mitchell was the next closest i saw with 11 x 500 plus possessions in a season
My plan is to capture all those miscellaneous records as a final tribute once the GOAT eventually retires.

Another poster (perhaps couch coach) also had a bunch of good ones.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Updates made after the GOAT’s return.

Some key notes:

• moved into 5th of all time for inside 50s chasing Boak (who I must say is tracking ok on a few categories)
  • passed Bucks and moved into 11th overall for kicks with Brad Johnson next

Next game Steele and Pendles play together will be #299

So two more to a joint 300th! That's huge - to get to 300 games alone is huge, but to do it with a team mate, incredible!

So assuming neither miss the next two games, game 300 as together will be against Hawthorn.

Updates made after a disappointing loss.

Key note from the updates is that next week he will move into 22nd for the longest career

Next game Steele and Pendles play together will be #299

So two more to a joint 300th! That's huge - to get to 300 games alone is huge, but to do it with a team mate, incredible!

So assuming neither miss the next two games, game 300 as together will be against Hawthorn.
Wow, so if they play all remaining games, they would be on track to break the record in the GF!

While I don't obviously blame the loss tonight on our aging champ in Pendlebury I'm not sure I've ever finished a game thinking he was a liability out there either.

He looked painfully slow whenever the opposition or ball was in a little space and while leg speed has never been a strength he just didn't look like he had the ability to pressure the opposition or win the ball back if he didn't win or receive it initially.

I'm not sure how many centre bounces he attended in comparison to others but we lost centre clearances 6-16.

Perhaps he simply shouldn't be out there with his bicep injury but at age 36 I think that's only adding to the hurdles he's now having to overcome.

While I don't obviously blame the loss tonight on our aging champ in Pendlebury I'm not sure I've ever finished a game thinking he was a liability out there either.

He looked painfully slow whenever the opposition or ball was in a little space and while leg speed has never been a strength he just didn't look like he had the ability to pressure the opposition or win the ball back if he didn't win or receive it initially.

I'm not sure how many centre bounces he attended in comparison to others but we lost centre clearances 6-16.

Perhaps he simply shouldn't be out there with his bicep injury but at age 36 I think that's only adding to the hurdles he's now having to overcome.
This should be his last year.
Will be amazing celebrating the 400th against Carlton.
But he is done.

Pendles was okay last week, 24 touches @ 96%, a goal, goal assist, 8 score involvements, 7 marks, 4 clearances and 6 tackles.

He had a quiet game this week but once his arm recovers a bit he'll be better, surely he plays next year, well I hope so anyway.

Not writing him off at this stage. He’s clearly not overcome that bicep injury.

300 games with Steele next week and then 400 games week after

300 with Steele but 400 a fortnight after.

Player Watch All time Pendlebury records watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back