Allan Jeans - Let's send him something to wish him all the best - **Account Details Included**

Remove this Banner Ad

23598.jpg

He's one of the club's most revered figures.

He oversaw one of the greatest dynasties in the history of our sport.

He was the coach that ushered in the era of modern footy.

He gave me more footy highlights and joy during his tenure than many would be fortunate to experience in a lifetime.

He's our Yabby Jeans. And he's very ill.

There's been some talk about organising a low-key collection to send Yabby something. I was thinking flowers, but will check first with the club to see if the gesture is appropriate and, if it is, what would be the best thing.

Until then, I thought we'd ask for pledges. I wasn't thinking a huge amount, say $5-$10 each, or more if you wanted.

So post your pledges now.

EDIT: You can forward your pledges to the Sponsorship Account BSB 923-100 ACCT: 30845657

As with the sponsorship, use odd numbers and include the initials AJ in your reference. Messenger.

Re: Allan Jeans is very ill...

What's say we organise to send Jeansy a bunch of flowers or something similar? He's given many of us so much pleasure over the years.

If there's enough interest, we'll start a thread.

Great idea, one of the legends of the club, he made the Hawthorn fc the power house team of the 80's , something we will never see again in football.

A true legend, great motivator and a good story teller, our prayers got to you Jeansy and your family.

What's say we organise to send Jeansy a bunch of flowers or something similar? He's given many of us so much pleasure over the years.

Fantastic idea Grizz. Happy to pitch in.

Count me in.

I'll pitch in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Allan Jeans - Let's send him something to wish him all the best - Contribute here

$10 from me.

Best find out how big his room is... If the donations keep coming as quickly as they seem like they are, the doctors & nurses may not get in for treatment :)

Contributions details edited into OP. We'll do this, people. Bank your pledges now. We'll issue you with a receipt number and have the donation audited when we do the player sponsorship. Thanks everyone.

EDIT: You can forward your pledges to the Sponsorship Account BSB 923-100 ACCT: 30845657

As with the sponsorship, use odd numbers and include the initials AJ in your reference. Messenger.

odd numbers?? sorry just want to make sure i do this right have not transfered money that often by net
and in the spot in name of do i put the BigFooty Hawks ?

Odd, as in, $5.12. Just add a few cents to the dollar amount you want to give, that way it's much easier to reconcile. Put your username in that field.

Receipt I1692
Date: 03/02/2011
Time: 08:31 PM AEST
Amount $5.05

Out of curiosity, what will the card read - feel a bit weird sending a 70+ young person with the name CP on the card.
Does he even know what BF is and finally what was decided - flowers, plaque (not the teeth kind)?

Remove this Banner Ad

Allan Jeans - Let's send him something to wish him all the best - **Account Details Included**

Remove this Banner Ad

Back