Workshop Alternative Guernsey Ideas

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: What should happen...

The wave was a bit disappointing. It ended up being too small and joined horribly at the side.
483485-jared-brennan-of-the-suns.jpg

I still think using a wave as a design has potential, and there's no reason they can't have a more interesting home jumper. There is a middle ground between too simple and too complicated.

Also, did you make that Hawk? It looks great.

Was at rebel today and saw the Gold Coast clash jumper,so wanted to buy it looks amazing with the blue collar and cuffs

Tbh one of my least favourites in the league.

Also, why is everything in Adidas templates???

I love that logo pie. Looks tougher and fiercer than their new one. :thumbsu:
Love that logo Pie
Also, did you make that Hawk? It looks great.

Thanks. It's based on the Fresno Falcons logo...

Fresno_Falcons.jpg

I actually like the current Hawthorn logo, but the it doesn't work full-bodied on the clash jumper.

Also, why is everything in Adidas templates???

Partly laziness, partly because I like the adidas template.

Melbourne

melbournelogo.png

melbournehome.png

melbourneclash.png

Assuming the red is red, Melbourne's jumpers are great at the moment. The only thing that may need changing is making the side-panels of the clash smaller.

melbournealtclash.png

This is another alternate clash jumper that may be unnecessary, but I wouldn't mind seeing Melbourne wearing their royal blue jumper in some situations.

melbournepreseason.png

The preseason jumper features hellish flames for side-panels and the MFC monogram.

Socks look like Sydney, if they're gonna be hooped make them blue and red. MFC needs to be bigger on preseason too...

North Melbourne

northmelbournelogo.png

northmelbournehome.png

northmelbourneaway.png

The North Melbourne jumper can be used at both home and away.

northmelbournealt.png

In some situations, North Melbourne's sporadically used away jumper should be used.

northmelbourneclash.png

If necessary, the heritage vee design can be used as a clash.

northmelbournepreseason.png

This preseason jumper is based on North Melbourne's 1995 preseason jumper.

North Melbourne have a perfect possible set of jumpers, am I right?

No other club has been so consistent in their designs.

I love their timeless home jumper. But the blue version with white stripes is striking. The heritage V is just totally classy. But my favourite has got to be that half-stripe one... simple, original design. I adore it.

I agree wholeheartedly. North haven't really had a bad jumper apart from the Orange sellout. The half-stripe jumper is brilliant, and the pre-season variant with the Kangaroos wordmark was even better imo. Even when they modernised it slightly a few years later with an updated roo and grey stripes, it still looked great. North haven't really done a lot wrong with their jumpers over their history, and by being so proactive with adopting away jumpers it's worked in their favour.

Was never a huge fan of these, but they certainly weren't awful:

North-Away-2005.gif

North-Clash-2005.gif

Surely you can't say these aren't 'bad' though:

North-Clash-2010.gif

North-Clash-2011.gif

Re: the argentina stripes, there's been a lot worse by other clubs. They tried it, I didn't think it was too bad. The aim was obviously not to deviate too much from the home jumper and they achieved that, without sticking needless motifs on the front.

Melbourne

melbournelogo.png

melbournehome.png

melbourneclash.png

Assuming the red is red, Melbourne's jumpers are great at the moment. The only thing that may need changing is making the side-panels of the clash smaller.

melbournealtclash.png

This is another alternate clash jumper that may be unnecessary, but I wouldn't mind seeing Melbourne wearing their royal blue jumper in some situations.

melbournepreseason.png

The preseason jumper features hellish flames for side-panels and the MFC monogram.

Melbourne logo is a winner, so much better than what they have currently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been feeling today like I want to see more of the Port 2003 away jumper, the lightning bolt tri-panel design.

I've been scouring ebay but without much luck.

Fingers crossed we see it in a heritage round sometime in the future but it's probably a few guernseys back in the queue :(

I've been feeling today like I want to see more of the Port 2003 away jumper, the lightning bolt tri-panel design.

I've been scouring ebay but without much luck.

Fingers crossed we see it in a heritage round sometime in the future but it's probably a few guernseys back in the queue :(

Same. My favourite Port jumper tbh. 2003 with the Vodaphone logo at the front is pure sex.

Port Adelaide

portadelaidelogo.png

This Port Adelaide logo is based on the circular Port Adelaide Magpies logo:
Port_logo.jpg

portadelaidehome.png

portadelaideclash.png

The current Port home and clash jumpers are easily the best AFL jumpers worn by the club.

portadelaidealt.png

However, Port should embrace teal as a unique colour - similar to Fremantle with purple and hopefully GWS with orange - and wear this predominantly teal jumper as an alternate away jumper.

portadelaidepreseason.png

The 2003 away jumper would be an ideal preseason jumper featuring a lightning bolt design.

portadelaidepreseasonal.png

An alternate preseason jumper with a new design, replaces the vee of the home jumper with lightning bolts, similar to the new logo.

Richmond

richmondlogo.png

I like the alleged new Richmond logo - it's modern with a classic shield shape.

richmondhome.png

The Richmond home jumper is pretty much perfect - curved sash but not too curved.

richmondalt.png

The obvious clash jumper would swap the colours, but it looks a bit too West Australian.

richmondclash.png

An alternate option is based on the theoretical Essendon clash - white with a yellow sash and black highlights.

richmondpreseason.png

In recent years, Richmond have successfully introduced "creative" jumpers solely for the preseason. This predominantly yellow design features tiger print and the new logo.

The Richmond clash looks sick. I love the gold shorts. :thumbsu:

btw do we know if there's going to be any text on the new Tigers logo?

Brisbane

brisbanelogo.png

This Brisbane Lion's logo is based on Costa's infamous logo; simplified with the shading removed so that it closer resembles the original lion, just with cleaner lines and definition.

brisbanehome.png

The home jumper is essentially the same as the original Brisbane Lions jumper, with a high blue yoke, the new lion, and the curved blue yoke on the back with the FFC and BB monograms.

brisbanemelb.png

Brisbane Lions jumpers have always featured the mascot, so a separate preseason jumper isn't really necessary. Especially if they revert from the "paddlepop" lion, it's important for them to reinforce rather than dilute their brand. Instead, the team has a red Fitzroy-inspired jumper for Melbourne games.

brisbaneclash.png

This clash jumper is based on the original Brisbane Bears jumper, with the lion instead of the BB.

Just need the line from the football to the back of the jumper like the original Bears jumper and the set is near perfect:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Workshop Alternative Guernsey Ideas

Remove this Banner Ad

Back