Workshop Alternative Guernsey Ideas

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: What should happen...

It's a little like Freo's jumper. Menacing and intimidating.

anigif_not-sure-if-serious-gif-to-be-used-on-forums-22779-1307655858-12_preview.gif

Here you go...

West Coast Eagles

westcoastlogo.png

With this logo, I tried to combine the two different logos. It's not perfect, but it should give you the idea. I've still used the current logo on the following jumpers.

westcoastday.png

westcoastnight.png

I've followed a suggestion that I remember reading a while ago, that West Coast should wear the royal wings kit during the day and the navy wings at night.

westcoastclash.png

In situations where neither the royal or navy jumpers suffice, West Coast should wear the yellow wings jumper.

westcoastpreseason.png

West Coast's current clash jumper would definitely work as a preseason jumper; it's easily my favourite of the "bird's head" jumpers. However, this is an alternate possibility.

Love the first 3 jumpers :thumbsu: thats exactly how i want it, but switch the home and away around, the navy blue wings is amazing.

GWS Giants

gwshome.png

The Giants should embrace orange as a unique colour in the league, just like Fremantle and purple (and like Port and teal could be). The likely home jumper is pretty good; a modern variation on a traditional yoke-style jumper. The main change I've made is to make the front transition into the back more smoothly.

gwsclash.png

This clash jumper swaps the charcoal and white, but still maintains the orange back.

gwsalt.png

This alternate jumper swaps the charcoal and orange of the home jumper.

The Giants should embrace orange as a unique colour in the league, just like Fremantle and purple (and like Port and teal could be). The likely home jumper is pretty good; a modern variation on a traditional yoke-style jumper. The main change I've made is to make the front transition into the back more smoothly.

gwsclash.png

gwsalt.png
Firstly, I agree wholeheartedly with the idea of GWS claiming orange. They should use it on every strip. By saturating Sydney's West and much of NSW, orange could become synonymous with footy. And that's what is needed. Every Giants jumper must have orange. It makes sense.

Secondly, these jumpers are great.

I've always held a dislike for the yoked GWS design. It just doesn't make design sense. It's asymmetrical, not only that, but the central theme of the design is asymmetrical.

I also think white and orange is a great colourway. An example being this Holland kit.

xin_290601160918030194302.gif

I reckon GWS has one with a orange back and one with a charcoal back. Surely that would suffice as a light and a dark kit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Edgar Davids would be a good stint marquee player for the A-League. Everyone knows those glasses!

In addition to "kid-friendly" preseason jumpers, there could also be themed preseason jumpers. For example, MONOGRAM MADNESS!

adelaidemono.png

The Adelaide monogram is taken from the heritage jumpers from 2004, 2005, and 2006-7.

brisbanemono.png

Brisbane has a number of options for monograms - the Brisbane Bears BB, the Fitzroy FFC, or a BFC monogram in the style of Fitzroy (on a predominantly blue jumper as a reference to the 1995-6 Fitzroy preseason jumper).

carltonmono.png

Carlton jumpers are the archetype for monogram designs.

collingwoodmono.png

The Collingwood jumpers maintain the black and white stripes and feature the CFC monogram.

essendonmono.png

Without a good picture of the Windy Hill monogram, I used an original EFC monogram on Essendon's sash.

footscraymono.png

I couldn't find a Western Bulldogs monogram, so I borrowed this one from Warner Bros.

fremantlemono.png

This Fremantle jumper features the new Dockers logo as a monogram.

geelongmono.png

The Geelong jumper features two horizontal stripes - not unlike the 2009-10 clash jumper - and the GFC logo.

goldcoastmono.png

Like Carlton, Gold Coast's home jumper is already in the monogram style.

gwsmono.png

The alternate GWS home jumper already fits the criteria for monogram jumpers.

hawthornmono.png

The Hawthorn monogram is taken from their original VFL jumper.

melbournemono.png

The Melbourne monogram is featured on their newest logo.

northmelbournemono.png

The North Melbourne monogram was featured on the 1922 North jumper.

portadelaidemono.png

The Port Adelaide logo was designed for faux retro merchandise.

richmondmono.png

The Richmond monogram jumpers feature the RFC, as well as tiger stripes on the clash jumper.

stkildamono.png

The St Kilda jumpers feature the logo, and the side panels of the clash jumper are styled after the tripanel home design (red on right, black on left).

sydneymono.png

The Swans monogram is taken from the 1921-2 South Melbourne jumper.

westcoastmono.png

The West Coast jumpers feature a monogram based on the wordmark from the original Eagles jumper.

:eek: That first pies one should be our clash vs North.

All of those designs are fantastic. :thumbsu:

Am not on my current computer at the moment - but a couple of weeks ago I found the EFC monogram online. Drop me a PM (Private Message not Pie Machine) so I remember to post it when I'm next able. :)

Overall it's great work PM (Pie Machine not Private Message). I could see many of these becoming training jumpers for clubs. The Collingwood ones are awesome, better version of one I did last year (all white with black monogram) which was merely "a concept for Collingwood to stick it to Carlton". And the yellow Richmond one, now THAT would be a great clash strip! Red Sydney jumper is something we should see more of.

Some of those jumpers could utilise traditional designs. That'd eradicate some novelty factor as well. Making the Hawthorn jumpers the chevron and monogram design would be a good start. Ala, making the Swans wear a SM sash with a monogram on the opposite breast.

In addition to "kid-friendly" preseason jumpers, there could also be themed preseason jumpers. For example, MONOGRAM MADNESS!

fremantlemono.png

This Fremantle jumper features the new Dockers logo as a monogram.

richmondmono.png

The Richmond monogram jumpers feature the RFC, as well as tiger stripes on the clash jumper.

the fremantle purple should be the design used for the purple haze match. love it.

also the richmond clash is awesome. but i think that has more to do with the sublimated stripes.

nice work

Remove this Banner Ad

Workshop Alternative Guernsey Ideas

Remove this Banner Ad

Back