Workshop Alternative Guernsey Ideas

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: What should happen...

Fremantle

fremantlelogo.png

fremantlehome.png

Personally, I think that Fremantle pretty much have it perfect with their jumper.

fremantleclash.png

The biggest criticism I've heard is that the clash is too boring - why not reintroduce the red and green. Realistically, I don't think it's necessary, but it's an option.

fremantlepreseason.png

fremantlepreseasonclash.png

In terms of mascots represented on jumpers, it's hard to go past Fremantle's classic anchor design. It's not exactly a "kid friendly mascot design" but it's hard to deny the purple haze.

You say that no countries change their flag. :rolleyes:

Not annually, and almost never.

Change is life, but life doesn't evolve overnight. ;)

"I play for the jumper" and "I'll fight beneath our flag" should be heartstrings.

Not trying to compare football with war, but the gurnsey (like a flag) should be respected and somewhat sacred.

Fremantle

fremantlelogo.png
The biggest criticism I've heard is that the clash is too boring - why not reintroduce the red and green. Realistically, I don't think it's necessary, but it's an option.

fremantlepreseason.png

The red and green reflected port and starboard, so how about keeping the top and bottom chevrons purple with the middle one green on the right and red on the left (from wearer's POV)? Could so similar on home, make the bits between the white chevrons like that

There's nothing at all wrong with clash jumpers. It's just how some clubs go about it and the AFL's silly rules :rolleyes:
As long as the clash guernsey uses club colours and features the 'design element' in some form then I think they can look great. The main fear I have with clash guernseys is that clubs could go out winning premierships wearing monstrosities like this:

Adelaide-Away-2011.gif

Brisbane-Clash-2008.gif

Gold-Coast-Clash-2011.gif

Hawthorn-White-2011.gif

Melbourne-Clash-2008.gif

North-Clash-2010.gif

Port-Clash-2009.gif

StKilda-Clash-2008.gif

West-Coast-Away-2000.gif

;)

A club's only premiership could be won in one of these...

Don't think so.

Why not? Especially with the strictness of the AFL's rules now I think its inevitable that eventually a team is going to win a flag in something as horrible as what I posted above. It may not be their 'only' premiership (slight exaggeration) but one of very few. Look at St.Kilda last year. They were only one good bounce of the footy or one clean pickup from winning the first GF last year, yet they were wearing their clash guernsey. It can and will happen soon :( Fortunately that saints guernsey wasn't terrible and was actually a lot like some of the guernseys they wore years ago

Why not? Especially with the strictness of the AFL's rules now I think its inevitable that eventually a team is going to win a flag in something as horrible as what I posted above. It may not be their 'only' premiership (slight exaggeration) but one of very few. Look at St.Kilda last year. They were only one good bounce of the footy or one clean pickup from winning the first GF last year, yet they were wearing their clash guernsey. It can and will happen soon :( Fortunately that saints guernsey wasn't terrible and was actually a lot like some of the guernseys they wore years ago
I mean that I doubt West Coast only premiership could be won in the Ochre, or the Roos only flag could be won in the Argentian ;)

I mean that I doubt West Coast only premiership could be won in the Ochre, or the Roos only flag could be won in the Argentian ;)

Ahk haha ;) I was a bit confused :eek:
One thing you guys need to get to know about me is I like to exaggerate everything haha. Often by a ridiculous amount too :D

The red and green reflected port and starboard, so how about keeping the top and bottom chevrons purple with the middle one green on the right and red on the left (from wearer's POV)? Could so similar on home, make the bits between the white chevrons like that

Like this?

fremantleclash2.png

fremantlehome2.png

To be honest, it probably just looks best with all purple.

Abolish the green and red completely, as it is now, IMO. It sorta worked with the anchor, but with the chevrons I just can't see all 4 colours being used to create a nice looking, clean strip. It's best now if they just embrace the change and move on towards creating a new, tougher and hopefully more successful brand

Geelong

geelonglogo.png

geelonghome.png

Geelong should introduce a dark-backed home jumper...

geelongaway.png

...and use their current jumper as an away kit.

geelongdarkclash.png

geelonglightclash.png

If necessary, they can use jumper with less/thinner stripes for any clashes.

geelongpreseason.png

A possible preseason jumper featuring the logo is based on the 2008-10 clash jumper.

I disagree. They should drop the navy shorts and wear white all the time except against North where a clash is necessary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gold Coast

goldcoastlogo.png

goldcoasthome.png

When the Gold Coast jumper was first unveiled, some criticised it for being uninspired and boring. But uninspired is better than overcomplicated.

goldcoastclash.png

Instead of using the secondary colours of the Gold Coast (blue and white), this clash jumper simply reverses the main colours (red and yellow).

goldcoastpreseason.png

Rather than the wave on the current away and clash jumpers, this shining sun design is more representative of the team.

Maybe try whacking the 'GC' symbol on that pre-season one. You may have to lower the sun a bit to do this

Maybe try whacking the 'GC' symbol on that pre-season one. You may have to lower the sun a bit to do this

If this were an American team (sorry, franchise) you can bet your bottom dollar, the logo would have been superior, even for a minor league baseball or hockey team.

The wave is the only thing I like about the Gold Coast franchise. The wave reminds them where they are from. It's like West Coast wearing an eagle facing west to honour them being frome Western Australia.

When the Gold Coast jumper was first unveiled, some criticised it for being uninspired and boring. But uninspired is better than overcomplicated.

Completely disagree, do you honestly believe your home and away jumpers look better than the wave?

Completely disagree, do you honestly believe your home and away jumpers look better than the wave?
Yes. In my opinion, the Gold Coast home jumper is better than the away jumper.
Gold-Coast-Home-2011.gif
>
Gold-Coast-Away-2011.gif

But that's just my opinion.

Agreed. The major problem I have with it is that it's just an average logo. If they used something similar to Carltons, and it COULD have been on of the best in the league.

Hawthorn

hawthornlogo.png

hawthornhome.png

hawthornaway.png

The Hawthorn home jumper can be used home and away in most situations without a clash. I wouldn't mind seeing Hawthorn revert to a plain gold back (initially used from 1975-97).

hawthornalt.png

Hawthorn could use an alternate jumper with an all brown back. It may not be necessary, but I'd like to see a predominantly brown jumper.

hawthornclash.png

If necessary, Hawthorn should use their 1925 jumper/2004-6 preseason.

hawthornpreseason.png

The preseason jumper is based on the 2012 clash jumper, with a more forward-facing logo.

I love that logo pie. Looks tougher and fiercer than their new one. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Workshop Alternative Guernsey Ideas

Remove this Banner Ad

Back