amazing interview, Jones v gill, afl and asadas dirty laundry queried

Remove this Banner Ad

as well as this afl evidence tampering, we also have asadas own star witness claiming his testimony was changed, and as such wouldn't sign off on it or appear for them in court

All great points for EFC to provide evidence of said tampering and argue to a court. Wait up did they not do that already.

If the star witness can claim all he wants but unless he actually swears to it in front of a court or tribunal it means bupkis.

All these Francism's are very tiresome.

I could argue that the AFL was hoping to get evidence from ASADA that helped EFC players get off with no fault or no significant fault.

But unfortunately there was none. This is the most shocking info that was found from reading I did.

Ironically that would not have occurred if Allan Jones hadn't tried to ambush Gil.

OMG I have learnt something from Allan Jones I feel dirty

Is this thing on?

"Take out bits that might compromise what we need"

That's all we need to know.
Agreed, it is.

You make it sound like it's an evil comment, when it can be quite easily viewed as anything but that, when you understand the context of the conversation.

Put simply, the AFL needed to have Essendon removed from the finals, and they needed an interim report to back this action up. They didn't need any of the other bits and pieces that might compromise what they were setting out to achieve.

Now, you can envisage that it meant that Gil and Andruska were trading evil laughs with each other while they frantically plotted the unjust downfall of completely innocent club, but in reality that's not how any court in the land(and we've been through a few now) saw it.

There you go, Robinson brought in Dank, Hird wanted a WADA compliant program, Robinson got sacked, Robinson got a secret payout.
And according to Robinson, who brought Shane Charter into the equation?

Listened to the interview and have a couple of points

Alan Jones lack of interest / knowledge of AFL was exposed form the outset when he said that the AFL season traditionally would have kicked off last weekend (that was March 13). No it doesn't you muppet that is NRL which traditionally starts a week, sometimes two, before the AFL. It's a minor issue but for someone purporting to be well researched and intelligent it shows a lack of care.

Inviting someone to do an interview about one topic (the upcoming AFL season) and then going down a completely different path is intellectually dishonest. Didn't have the courtesy to open the interview with a question on the forthcoming season.

Gil, Gil, Gil ........ The AFL failed it's duty of care to look after the players. This argument is inherently flawed - if the players weren't looked after as the accusation implies then they were wronged in some way - something that Essendon and James Hird have strenuously denied. If there was no wrong doing, no harmful or banned substances used, as Essendon/Hird claim how exactly have the AFL failed in their duty of care?

The bleatings of Jones were pathetic. Under the circumstances I thought Gil handled himself reasonably well by not rising to the bait and saying something stupid or inflammatory.

Poor James. Such a victim.

Listened to the interview and have a couple of points

Alan Jones lack of interest / knowledge of AFL was exposed form the outset when he said that the AFL season traditionally would have kicked off last weekend (that was March 13). No it doesn't you muppet that is NRL which traditionally starts a week, sometimes two, before the AFL. It's a minor issue but for someone purporting to be well researched and intelligent it shows a lack of care.

Inviting someone to do an interview about one topic (the upcoming AFL season) and then going down a completely different path is intellectually dishonest. Didn't have the courtesy to open the interview with a question on the forthcoming season.

Gil, Gil, Gil ........ The AFL failed it's duty of care to look after the players. This argument is inherently flawed - if the players weren't looked after as the accusation implies then they were wronged in some way - something that Essendon and James Hird have strenuously denied. If there was no wrong doing, no harmful or banned substances used, as Essendon/Hird claim how exactly have the AFL failed in their duty of care?

The bleatings of Jones were pathetic. Under the circumstances I thought Gil handled himself reasonably well by not rising to the bait and saying something stupid or inflammatory.

Poor James. Such a victim.

I agree...

Alan Jones is well past it and offensive at best!

The one point i find amazing through all this is the bombers administration...

I think the average Joe AFL footy fan is disappointed with the AFL as they are no doubt wanting a soft decision for the bettermeant of their brand and game and as such have been trying in all possible ways of positioning to get the bombers a wrist slap..

And through it all the bombers continue to crap on the AFL and all AFL supporters faces, quite literally astounding!

the club accepted responsibility for mistakes they made in 2012. This doesnt mean the interim report was an accurate account of what happened
What reason did Essendon have for accepting a report that was not accurate?

"Mistakes made in 2012"? I've wondered occasionally why various people will stay defensive about EFC - I guess it's all about building a mental world to inhabit where things like the supplements program are characterised as 'mistakes'.

Last edited:
What reason did Essendon have for accepting a report that was not accurate?

"Mistakes made in 2012"? I've wondered occasionally why various people will stay defensive about EFC - I guess it's all about building a mental world to inhabit where tinga like the supplements program are characterised as 'mistakes'.
Essendon wantes this saga over more than anyone, thats why they accepted sanctions

nothing he said wasnt common knowledge. Plus he behaves in a similar manner with numerous guests on his show. Wow that Hird must have an agenda against everyone

He just came out with the naive stuff you and your fellow believers always sprout. Hird is all about Hird and will sacrifice anyone to save what is left of his shredded reputation. great player thoigh

Essendon wantes this saga over more than anyone, thats why they accepted sanctions

Hahahahahahahaha good one mxcey, I like that.

In other ground breaking news Albert wont be attending the B & F where Bomber will be speaking about his future at the club, it is well known that sir Albert will be sacked on Monday.

He wishes to pursue further legal action against the AFL and ASADA, this is against the wishes of EFC and its players who accept the ruling made by Justice J Middleton.

I'm losing you a bit. I get what you're saying to a point, then get confused about what your view actually is. Is your position on this that Essendon didn't deserve the sanctions it accepted, and was forced into a corner in order to get the saga finished, so agreed to sanctions that were unwarranted?

I'm a bit lost on where the terrible injustice occurred. Hird and EFC - amongst other things - put a case that ASADA acted in breach of its confidentiality obligations under the Act and, in providing the information to the AFL, acted for purposes outside its investigation. Which Middleton J ruled clearly was not the case.

I see no proof of collusion in anything you claim, nor instantly leap to any conclusion that - if Gil did ask for material not relevant to the AFL's purpose of determining governance sanctions to not be included - that this evidence necessarily defends Essendon's position.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nothing he said wasnt common knowledge. Plus he behaves in a similar manner with numerous guests on his show. Wow that Hird must have an agenda against everyone
i dont think the alan jones listener reads the htb ,common knowledge not even to the BF reader who does not read the Htb.

He just came out with the naive stuff you and your fellow believers always sprout. Hird is all about Hird and will sacrifice anyone to save what is left of his shredded reputation. great player thoigh
hahahaha
He just came out with the naive stuff you and your fellow believers always sprout: Hird is all about Hird and will sacrifice anyone to save what is left of his shredded reputation

Ironic stuff

Hahahahahahahaha good one mxcey, I like that.

In other ground breaking news Albert wont be attending the B & F where Bomber will be speaking about his future at the club, it is well known that sir Albert will be sacked on Monday.

He wishes to pursue further legal action against the AFL and ASADA, this is against the wishes of EFC and its players who accept the ruling made by Justice J Middleton.
Hird isnt Essendon champ

pretty stupid investment given Jones is in Sydney. What a crock of

It is not really about where Jones lives and works, it is all about political influence.

Another in the line of Liberal Party mouthpieces with an apparent intention of influencing the minister.

Hanke, Francis, Jones, Little's extremely comvincing effort trying to persuade etc.

It is not really about where Jones lives and works, it is all about political influence.

Another in the line of Liberal Party mouthpieces with an apparent intention of influencing the minister.

Hanke, Francis, Jones, Little's extremely comvincing effort trying to persuade etc.
lol and essendon fans are the ones who are criticised for stupid conspiracy theories

Essendon now calling on that moron Alan Jones to deflect, defect, deflect blame from Hird and the EFC on to the AFL who did nothing wrong.

Desperate times down Tullamarine way

BRo didn't you know? Anyone who says anything good about EFC or Hird is on the books. It's awesome I've got so much monnnneeeeyyyy.

pretty stupid investment given Jones is in Sydney. What a crock of

Really? And yet in a largely Melbourne centric internet forum we've got to 32 pages in a hair over 72 hours.

I don't think Jones is motivated by Essendon's interest here. THat is your knee jerk assumption. Among other things, Alan Jones caters to the ageing bogan market. He is also broadly the Rugby Union equivalent of Roy Masters. He'll slap other sports whenever he can. And he still does cash for comment. It's just not as blatant as it once was.

The point is that NOTHING Alan Jones says should be given any credibility. Even to the point of believing it's got any factual basis at all, or even that it's really his own opinion.

Remove this Banner Ad

amazing interview, Jones v gill, afl and asadas dirty laundry queried

Remove this Banner Ad

Back