Discussion Anatomy of a Trade - the effect on clubs

Remove this Banner Ad

Now that the dust has settled and there has been time for both clubs to gauge the value of their recent player swap, it is almost tradition to evaluate what each club received and decide if they won or lost from the deal.

In that spirit, let’s examine whether both teams achieved their objectives from the trade:
Bombers asked for DemurePrincess and received DemurePrincess
OOBs asked for gab213 + additional player and received gab213

For the Bombers, they were seeking additional engagement and a point of difference, having lacked a certain feminine touch. They have had an immediate payoff with the Princess showing enough talent and drive to be added to the leadership group and subsequently 3 more quality rookies added to their list.

The news has not been quite so good over at the struggling OOBs. The dearth of leadership and a rudderless playing group was overwhelmingly worse than imagined and saw an almost immediate SOS from gab to his most recent skipper, begging for him to also come and help save the struggling club. As good as he is, gab was smart enough to realise he alone would not be able to stem the bleeding of players wanting out, as the listless team stumbled through their first match thread post-Princess.

Given the Baghdad Bombers charter decrees we must help the needy, our captain Pugsley was duly dispatched to provide additional crucial leadership to the OOBs. That is now 8 Baghdad Bombers who have been signed up in 4 years to prop up this expansion club to help preserve the beloved bye. Hopefully adding our former skipper and committee rep in one fell swoop will now be enough to cover the lack of direction provided by the existing “leadership group”. The addition of these two experienced Baghdad leaders will enable the right steps to be taken to repair the damage done by a deficient recruitment strategy.

The Bombers have undergone a change in the leadership group, losing gab and Pugs while adding in former skipper BLUEALLTHRU and the newly transfered DemurePrincess and continue to go from strength to strength with engagement levels maintained, no transgressions recorded from any of its players and increasing the squad size. Not many clubs could remove their captain and Committee rep without some level of drama seizing the club, the Baghdad Bombers have not only avoided any issues, they have improved in every measure. In short, the Bombers now have their point of difference and have done well out of the trade and the subsequent reshuffle in their Leadership Group.

It remains to be seen if the OOBs can use yet another lifeline from the Bombers to sort their shit out and rescue the club before it is declared a failed experiment. The OOBs have also done well out of the trade, but only because gab identified further help was required at the OOBs and the Bombers released the Pug to provide that assistance to address their glaring deficiencies. It may take a couple of seasons to turn the Titanic around, let’s hope it avoids the looming iceberg and is still there for us to see it complete its journey.

Now that the dust has settled and there has been time for both clubs to gauge the value of their recent player swap, it is almost tradition to evaluate what each club received and decide if they won or lost from the deal.

In that spirit, let’s examine whether both teams achieved their objectives from the trade:

For the Bombers, they were seeking additional engagement and a point of difference, having lacked a certain feminine touch. They have had an immediate payoff with the Princess showing enough talent and drive to be added to the leadership group and subsequently 3 more quality rookies added to their list.

The news has not been quite so good over at the struggling OOBs. The dearth of leadership and a rudderless playing group was overwhelmingly worse than imagined and saw an almost immediate SOS from gab to his most recent skipper, begging for him to also come and help save the struggling club. As good as he is, gab was smart enough to realise he alone would not be able to stem the bleeding of players wanting out, as the listless team stumbled through their first match thread post-Princess.

Given the Baghdad Bombers charter decrees we must help the needy, our captain Pugsley was duly dispatched to provide additional crucial leadership to the OOBs. That is now 8 Baghdad Bombers who have been signed up in 4 years to prop up this expansion club to help preserve the beloved bye. Hopefully adding our former skipper and committee rep in one fell swoop will now be enough to cover the lack of direction provided by the existing “leadership group”. The addition of these two experienced Baghdad leaders will enable the right steps to be taken to repair the damage done by a deficient recruitment strategy.

The Bombers have undergone a change in the leadership group, losing gab and Pugs while adding in former skipper BLUEALLTHRU and the newly transfered DemurePrincess and continue to go from strength to strength with engagement levels maintained, no transgressions recorded from any of its players and increasing the squad size. Not many clubs could remove their captain and Committee rep without some level of drama seizing the club, the Baghdad Bombers have not only avoided any issues, they have improved in every measure. In short, the Bombers now have their point of difference and have done well out of the trade and the subsequent reshuffle in their Leadership Group.

It remains to be seen if the OOBs can use yet another lifeline from the Bombers to sort their shit out and rescue the club before it is declared a failed experiment. The OOBs have also done well out of the trade, but only because gab identified further help was required at the OOBs and the Bombers released the Pug to provide that assistance to address their glaring deficiencies. It may take a couple of seasons to turn the Titanic around, let’s hope it avoids the looming iceberg and is still there for us to see it complete its journey.
When my good friend Tigerturbulance gets sick of his new toy , the OOBS will be the Furies 2.0.

I’m proud that Baghdad can help and I’m more and more won over with each passing day with the trade outcome.

I hope the 8 that have gone to our feeder club enjoy there SFA experience.

Fish Boat GIF by Okayest Hunter

How’s the golf going mate?
Up and down mate.

It's why I'm just a hack.

Have a great game one day, think I will go out the next day and swing the same way. Nope swing goes to crap again.

Although I love golf, it can be frustrating, I can never put more then 15 good holes together. Whoever thought 18 holes was the best way to play golf was sadistic.

How about yourself mate.

Up and down mate.

It's why I'm just a hack.

Have a great game one day, think I will go out the next day and swing the same way. Nope swing goes to crap again.

Although I love golf, it can be frustrating, I can never put more then 15 good holes together. Whoever thought 18 holes was the best way to play golf was sadistic.

How about yourself mate.
Exactly the same but I absolutely love it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's why I'm just a hack

Exactly the same but I absolutely love it.
That’s why I took up lawn bowls, bowl the wrong bias & there is no searching in the scrub for your pill as it’s always on the green, but more importantly the 19th hole is at every 2nd end. 🍺 😉

giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion Anatomy of a Trade - the effect on clubs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back