Moved Thread And so Essendon's inevitable slide begins.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least he is good enough to actually take the best forward, something Dustin Fletcher hasn't done in over a decade. Maybe that's why he only has two All Australians and everyone rates Lake, Glass, Scarlett, Rutten & Bock as better defenders than Fletcher.

Get out of it! Fletch is a pensioner these days! He does his job and does it well. We all talk about who takes the best forward, but if you watch a game and add up Fletchers contribution you would see he is just about the most crucial guy on the park no matter who he takes.

Going to be a big game, that's for sure!

Hawks win at the MCG, but at Etihad? Could be quite a close one. Hawks will need to rough Essendon up as the Bombers will run rings around the Hawks in a genuine shoot out. And before you tell me how good Buddy is you need to get it to him first. Essendons midfield would smash the Hawks at the Dome. Food for thought.

I am very, very, very thankful we play our last 3 against Carlton, Richmond and Collingwood at the MCG. A good hit out at the 'real' ground before finals. We might be tired at the end of it, but it's pointless going in to finals with a run from Etihad as it stands for nothing.

Yeah it should be interesting that's for sure. The MCG definitely suits Hawthorn as the bigger Hawthorn bodies like it when it is wet and dewy. But Essendon obviously have an advantage under the roof as they have more outside run and slightly better spread than Hawthorn at the moment. I think if the midfields break even we will probably win as our forward firepower is very strong. That being said though, conditions under the roof will definitely suit Essendons game style. Looking forward to it and I think Hawthorn can get the job done of course ;)

At least he is good enough to actually take the best forward, something Dustin Fletcher hasn't done in over a decade. Maybe that's why he only has two All Australians and everyone rates Lake, Glass, Scarlett, Rutten & Bock as better defenders than Fletcher.

Why be such a shit troll Brendan?

1. If Hawthorn had the choice between Fletch and Clangers for a game tomorrow, there is no question over who they would choose.
2. Who is this everyone? I've seen you rate Fletcher above the players you mentioned. Your position flip flops to whichever suits your trolling purposes best.

3. Clangers isn't good enough to take the best forward...
1666837-thats_the_joke_super.jpg

Why be such a shit troll Brendan?

1. If Hawthorn had the choice between Fletch and Clangers for a game tomorrow, there is no question over who they would choose.
2. Who is this everyone? I've seen you rate Fletcher above the players you mentioned. Your position flip flops to whichever suits your trolling purposes best.

3. Clangers isn't good enough to take the best forward...
1666837-thats_the_joke_super.jpg

No, as pure one on one defenders the last decade, the guys I mentioned have been better like I said. Fletcher has rarely played on the best forward in the last decade.

By that definition Aaron Hennemann was a better player than Darren Glass, Scarlett, Fletcher, or <insert notable Hawthorn backman> are currently. Only ever came in to give Fletch, Lucas or Wellman a bit more freedom.

Seems a fair call to me.

As Scarlett, Glass, Lake show, every defender plays the same position forever....

Good post mate. Doing well.

Yeah it should be interesting that's for sure. The MCG definitely suits Hawthorn as the bigger Hawthorn bodies like it when it is wet and dewy. But Essendon obviously have an advantage under the roof as they have more outside run and slightly better spread than Hawthorn at the moment. I think if the midfields break even we will probably win as our forward firepower is very strong. That being said though, conditions under the roof will definitely suit Essendons game style. Looking forward to it and I think Hawthorn can get the job done of course ;)

Holy crap! I agree with all of what you just said!

Excepting the Hawks getting the job done of course. ;)

Hawks yes, Adelaide no way.

For all that matters, before the season started nearly all Essendon fans saw them hopefully around 5-8 mark. A pass was always to win a final this year after going out in the first round the last two years.

Right now the challenge is making a top 4 spot and they're almost a lock for finals.

I don't think anyone from camp Essendon is getting carried away at the moment.
Look at Adelaide's run home, it is very cruisy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I struggle to believe that there are people that believed they were credible contenders.

Has anyone seen macca around?

macca?

The weird thing is this isn't even a troll thread, it was a genuine observation started on the main board, don't know why it got moved.

They have only won 3 times in the last 7 weeks, how can essendon fans continue to deny the form slide? Putting your fingers in your ears isn't going to make it go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back