Moved Thread And so Essendon's inevitable slide begins.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, maybe I'm biased, but I felt that on general play, Collingwood were a couple of goals better on ANZAC Day than Essendon, but didn't convert that into goals. Also, we probably had the 5 best players on the ground, so it was a good effort for Essendon to stay in it
All of the above is true. We played a much better game last anzac day... and lost by 5-6 goals.

After Sydney loss - "Essendon will be lucky to win 2 more games for the season, lolzz"

Put your hands up boys.

Some people look like fools. I'll have Sydney on whatever slide Essendon were apparently on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually, sorry for the false alarm mate. Just did the ladder predictor and you finish 9th on percentage. :(

The win against Fremantle might turn out to be quite crucial- I'd still have Hawthorn and Adelaide as more likely to finish top 4 than Essendon right at the moment though.

You do realise you gave me false hope for no ****ing reason right?

Not cool dude, not cool.

I don't get the OP. Says we're on the slide, yet says we'll make the top 4?

I know it is strange a nice slide up the ladder. Even if we don't end up going that well this season on the actual finals I am happy enough with what we have done so far to know we are a time moving the right way.

loving the slide! is it possible to slide up?

Gees they flog the mighty bulldogs and the ess fans are up and about. Last night's result proves diddly squat as far as the big picture of 2012 goes

I think they finish the season with something like geel haw adel rich Carl north Coll ? We will know a fair bit more about ess after that stretch

Gees they flog the mighty bulldogs and the ess fans are up and about. Last night's result proves diddly squat as far as the big picture of 2012 goes

the big picture is we're currently top 4 and there is no slide

I think they finish the season with something like geel haw adel rich Carl north Coll ? We will know a fair bit more about ess after that stretch
True mate. However, the strong assertions by some folk in this thread are rather humorous.

LOL.

Essendon lose a game and it's ALL OVER, the MASSIVE SLIDE has begun, no A grade talent etc etc.

They win and win well and it's OH BUTTT... BUTTT... the opposition wasn't great and they haven't been tested.

It's bordering on hilarious and most of it is coming from Collingwood supporters.

Lost to 1st placed side (Collingwood) by 1 point, lost to 2nd placed side (Sydney) by 4 points, beat 3rd placed side (West Coast) by 61 points - "buttt... buttt... they had injuries" , we of course have had none all year. We were in a position to beat the 1st & 2nd teams and wiped the floor with the 3rd placed side. Lost 3 games by a total of 11 points when every other side in the competition has been wiped off the park at least once.

There's always an excuse when Essendon win a game or two. It's never anything we've done but always our opposition. Can't remember the last time we did well in a game purely because we played well - been a decade at least. Anyway, keep it up!

Every side we have played has been 5% off during our games though and umpiring/outside influences have helped us get to 10-3 : the WORST 10-3 side in history as somebody mentioned on the Essendon board? Look, it's probably true.

The slide this year when we lose 2 games in a row by a total of 10 points was a substantial one. Our slump last year included 5 losses in a row - 16, 33, 34, 21 & 66 points were the margins in all five.

Improvement? No. Just lucky...

Settle down champ. It was more to do with this bullshit thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back