and... Who is going to be....

Remove this Banner Ad

Can I ask how you think Birchall will become an AA player? Do you think this year he'll be able to play defensively one on one, learn how to read the play and become a floating backmen or do you think he's gained enough pace to break the lines?

Pre-season reports on Birch have been good and some posters had him as a clear BOG in the intra-club practice match down in Tassie. I would love to see the Birch step up. If we can have Pup, Gilham, Stratton and Gibson shutting down the oppositions forwards it gives Birch the chance to be more creative off half back. Personally I think we will see him more in the midfield this year too. I doubt he will become AA but I'm expecting a better year from Birch this year.

Youngy is ther one for me that has the potential to become AA standard.

If 2 or 3 of the 'non-regulars/newbies' listed above can have breakout years, similar to what some of the Collinwood boys did last year, then we will be on our way to matching it with the best in the competition.

I'm also going to go with Clinton Young. With a full pre-season under his belt and hopefully no injuries early in the season (fingers crossed), he will tear it up. There is nothing better than seeing him run down the middle of the ground and boot it 60 metres to the forwards or just put it through the goals himself. We are a far more dangerous team when Youngy is fit and playing well.

I am so very excited...rubbing my hands together and the thought of answering this question has me feeling like a kid in a candy store!

Obviously agree with Youngy I really think it is his time, but for me Stratts we all know he has the goods but for me I can't wait to see him put it together along with some seasoned guys in the back line.

So many to chose from, and I am hoping like hell that Rough will find some goal form this year and blow it apart!!

Remove this Banner Ad

and... Who is going to be....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back