Andrew Gaff V Reece Conca

Gaff v Conca

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In a few years time we will be saying Gaff runs like a Ben Cousins imo. I mean he covers some serious ground. He does have weaknesses though. Martin, Cotchin, Deledio all tagged before Conca. If Conca was first tagged every week he would be playing poorer than Gaff was last year.

In a few years time we will be saying Gaff runs like a Ben Cousins imo. I mean he covers some serious ground. He does have weaknesses though. Martin, Cotchin, Deledio all tagged before Conca. If Conca was first tagged every week he would be playing poorer than Gaff was last year.

Gaff isn't first tagged at West Coast though. Being tagged last year was part of the problem but he also had a very poor year.

Gonna have to stick with Andrew Gaff on this one.

Has improved his contested ball and defensive work, Also starting to cope with the tag much better.At his best i think he's a level above Reece and is incredibly damaging.

Gonna have to stick with Andrew Gaff on this one.

Has improved his contested ball and defensive work, Also starting to cope with the tag much better.At his best i think he's a level above Reece and is incredibly damaging.

Conca is far more damaging, just ask Devon Smith.

Gaff, comfortably.

Would love to slot him in alongside Liberatore, Macrae, Bontempelli, Griffen, etc.

Being at West Coast right now as a young player doesn't suit him, but give Sheed a couple of years and draft well and he'll be an outstanding mid. Gun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gaff having the better season and ahead of Conca subsequently.

Just for comparison's sake (match averages):

Conca (16 games):
  • 19.3 disposals (7.2 contested)
  • 3.7 marks
  • 0.9 frees for
  • 1.5 frees against
  • 5.4 tackles
  • 70.2% DE
  • 2.7 clangers
  • 2.6 clearances
  • 1.3 rebound 50s
  • 1.4 1 percenters
  • 0.8 bounces
  • 2 goals (season total)
Gaff (19 games):
  • 24.2 disposals (6.1 contested)
  • 5.7 marks
  • 0.5 frees for
  • 0.4 frees against
  • 2.2 tackles
  • 76% DE
  • 1.9 clangers
  • 2.3 clearances
  • 2.5 rebound 50s
  • 0.8 1 percenters
  • 0.7 bounces
  • 9 goals (season total)

Still don't think Gaff was ever as soft as some in this thread claimed, he just came into the league looking like this -
648146-andrew-gaff.jpg

Had the body of a marathon runner
Compare that to 2015 -

365199_np.jpg

He's by no means Fyfe, but he's got a body to take the hits and win his own ball now.

Gaff probably a bit ahead now but I think Conca still has him covered quite easily in the cuddles department.

Remove this Banner Ad

Andrew Gaff V Reece Conca

Back