Andrew Hooper 09 Draft Prospect

Remove this Banner Ad

I grew up with hoops and played footy from u12's to u16's with him, and seen him play in the TAC cup and for vic country, and i have to say its a real shame he is only 172cm tall, because his skill, determination, build, athleticism and courage fit the profile of a luke hodge. if only he was closer to 6ft, along with his excellent results in the 2009 draft camp, consistent b&f's and bog's against everyone other draftee this year, he would be a top 10 pick everytime. its a shame that the scouts and recruiters will take height as such a high priority because he shows on many occasions that he is better than 3 quarters of the kids going first round.

He'll be lucky to go 2nd round, IMO.

Despite how good he is, he is 172cm.

Jarryd Blair won the Morrish medal last year at that height and went in the second round of the Rookie Draft. Fort Caruso won two Morrish medals and didn't get drafted because he was small.

David Rodan went at pick #33, so that might just about be the top-end for Hooper.

Hooper has pace and skills which is more than you can say about Caruso.

I like him and think he will be a decent 2nd round pick up.

Looks like this kid hit puberty at age 5, he looks like a podgy little 30 year old playing amongst skinny kids. He's obviously done very well to this level, but his little stumps and general body size look more suited to a game with the Cohuna 2nds than in the AFL

Looks like this kid hit puberty at age 5, he looks like a podgy little 30 year old playing amongst skinny kids. He's obviously done very well to this level, but his little stumps and general body size look more suited to a game with the Cohuna 2nds than in the AFL

So I guess all draftees have to be tall skinny types who need 5 years before getting up to standard playing weight?

The podgy 30 yr old with his little stumps had 3 top 3 results at 2009 Draft Camp
7.98 agility - 2nd
70 standing vertical leap - =3rd
2.90 20m sprint - 3rd
Guess you can't judge a book by its cover!!
He has done all that he can to earn a spot - time will tell.
Faster than Jetta, leap higher than Jetta and Sam Reid who are renowned for their athleticism.

Was not selected at all in the official BF Phantom Draft.

Mind boggling.

Who gives a shit if he's only 172cm? This kid has the runs on the board, looks ready made to play 22 games next year and it seems he has the heart of Phar Lap.

I would love to see the Blues take him with pick #43.

The podgy 30 yr old with his little stumps had 3 top 3 results at 2009 Draft Camp
7.98 agility - 2nd
70 standing vertical leap - =3rd
2.90 20m sprint - 3rd
Guess you can't judge a book by its cover!!
He has done all that he can to earn a spot - time will tell.
Faster than Jetta, leap higher than Jetta and Sam Reid who are renowned for their athleticism.

Have you seen this half time tosser?

Clubs will always look to confuse themselves and find a hidden "gem" but whoever has the smarts to get Hooper will have a very solid player.

Have you seen this half time tosser?

Clubs will always look to confuse themselves and find a hidden "gem" but whoever has the smarts to get Hooper will have a very solid player.

Haha taking this a little personally aren't you buddy, sure you aren't Andrew. I think HTR was having a bit of fun with you mate, looks like you've bitten - hook, line and sinker! haha

At best he will be picked up in the 3rd or 4th round. But having said that apparently adelaide, carlton and sydney had a chat with him at draft camp so wont be surprised if sydney pick him up late especially now the swans have shown luke ablett the way out to the exit door.

Was not selected at all in the official BF Phantom Draft.

Mind boggling.

Who gives a shit if he's only 172cm? This kid has the runs on the board, looks ready made to play 22 games next year and it seems he has the heart of Phar Lap.

I would love to see the Blues take him with pick #43.

Agree.

I'd love to see us take him with one of our later picks. (I'd only not go after him earlier because we need a good ruckman more). He's definitely worth it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Andrew Hooper 09 Draft Prospect

Remove this Banner Ad

Back