Andy Collins v Shaun Grigg

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL. Collins was more a booby prize than a trade. Grigg had already walked and the Tigers had the first preseason pick; basically the Blues took whatever they could get.

Personally I would have just preferred they let him walk and battle it out with Houli for the who would be taken. Collins is the type of dud you usually only find on club lists like Richmond's.

Well done to Grigg though, has slipped nicely into a soft, outside role with the Tigers. Can't say he would have done the same with the Blues.

you're right that's held by Brice squibbs

Carlton vs Richmond ladder positions and Premiership prospects since trade ??

That wasn't the poll question.

Grigg Having a great year so far.

That goal in the last was a pearler.

He's settled in nicely.

24 possessions 23 turnovers no other side bothers to tag him,he was at best average at Carlton now he is above average but still butchers the ball.

Not many people are actually answering the question.

Grigg played very well since his arrival, guess it was the kick up the arse he needed

Collins, I can only assume he's a project and they hope he slowly develops into good forward in a few years

Early days looks like Richmond won this trade, but who knows what the future could have in store

you're right that's held by Brice squibbs

Yes! Even Bryce Gibbs has a higher UP to CP ratio than Grigg. But you're right in saying that Grigg wouldn't have been able to dislodge him from the team. You won't find me dissing Grigg though, I always thought he offered something to the Blues. I wasn't so much disappointed that he left the Blues more so the fact we had no leverage in the trade to get a player or pick of comparable quality.

Early days looks like Richmond won this trade, but who knows what the future could have in store

The Tigers won that trade at the trade table. Collins is a modern day Sam Cranage. I was never in any doubt that both the Tigers and Crows won their "trades" with the Blues that year. There's a probably a few fringe players at the Blues who would walk into Richmond's best 22.

LOL. Collins was more a booby prize than a trade. Grigg had already walked and the Tigers had the first preseason pick; basically the Blues took whatever they could get.

Personally I would have just preferred they let him walk and battle it out with Houli for the who would be taken. Collins is the type of dud you usually only find on club lists like Richmond's.

Well done to Grigg though, has slipped nicely into a soft, outside role with the Tigers. Can't say he would have done the same with the Blues.

They showed the tigers v swans game in 2010 yesterday when Collins won the game for the tigers in his last year. One would have thought being 2 years in the blues development system he would have kicked on however seems to have stalled.... Go figure...

The funny thing about this is that if Grigg was still at Carlton and putting up numbers like he is for us, these Carlton flogs who are talking him down would be hyping up as a future AA and a possible Browlow contender. Don't try and deny it either flogbags as you know its the truth.

They're both shit. :thumbsu:

I gather you don't watch much football :rolleyes:

Grig would be sitting 1st on Carltons list for disposals, 8th overall, only Murphy of Carlton has more on average, although Grigg has been more damaging on the scoreboard than Murphy, Grigg is also 13th overall for marks, only Carlton player with more is Waite.

Okay he is not an in and under player, but shit, well only if you also think most of Carltons midfield is shit.;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grigg is a great fit for the Tiggers.
Fat, slow, terrible disposal and will probably finish 9th in the Tiggers B&F :)

Yes he was, then we got him out of the corruption that is Carlton and he is now starting to dominate.

More goals than any of Carltons midfield, playing beautifully as our 5th or 6th string midfielder, or off the HFB or HFF, each of his 3 goals on Saturday came at crucial times where the Tigers needed the steadier or the finisher as in his last goal.

Grig would be sitting 1st on Carltons list for disposals, 8th overall, only Murphy of Carlton has more on average, although Grigg has been more damaging on the scoreboard than Murphy, Grigg is also 13th overall for marks, only Carlton player with more is Waite.

Okay he is not an in and under player, but shit, well only if you also think most of Carltons midfield is shit.;)

Given tigers haven't gotten within 7 goals of us for half a dozen years doesn't surprise me he is your best player.

Exactly and grigg couldn't , as said McLean Collins grigg all in your top 10 and about 25 to 30 on our list.

You are thinking of the Carlton Grigg, where reward is gained via brown paper bags and tanking for picks, this is the Richmond Grigg a vastly different beast, amazing what a good environment can do to lift a player :thumbsu:

Would be sitting 18th for total tackles at Carlton Once a cat always a cat and I will enjoy the ninthmond supporters turning on him like they did at the end of last season.

Would be sitting 18th for total tackles at Carlton Once a cat always a cat and I will enjoy the ninthmond supporters turning on him like they did at the end of last season.

Note, I did mention he is not an in and under player, but it is hard to tackle if you are the player with the ball, we are lucky enough to have a couple of players in the top ten for tackles as it is, you do have to have players that spread and move the ball well in modern football and that is what he does, very well.

Strange thread as Collins has essentially been injured the entire time at carlton and grigg is doing what he did in the vfl at the blues win lots of ball and butcher it.

As such no surprise someone 25th on our list is top ten at tigers as said we are 7 to 15 goal better side.

Next.

It's like Grigg were a used dunny roll that someone salvaged from a toilet and transformed into something useful. I'm not sure what it's called but he'd be the poster boy for it, worthy of some kind of amply-rewarded, nominal position, like, I dunno, an ambassadorship, if such a ridiculous thing existed.

7 goals.

Agree grigg is one of your best players.

lol are you having trouble reading, 7 goals at an ave. of 1 a game puts him 5th on Carltons list as a goal kicker overall and equal for a midfielder with Murphy, and Judd who are both averaging 1 goal a game.

The topic is Andy Collins v Shaun Grigg but as that's been pretty much decided already, I thought I would compare him to other Carlton midfielder's and he stacks up pretty well while still being a 5th or 6th string midfielder for Richmond, he is let down a little with tackles although he still has about 1.2 a game, but currently that is not his role for us, do you understand now :rolleyes:

Andy Collins v Shaun Grigg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back