Anthony Stevens Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

NorthBhoy said:
6 times in the top 2 of the B+F in a side that did it all.

Lots of people forget how good he was in a team that came top 4 for seven years running and won two flags. Went after the ball all day, no fear, and used it smartly too.

A couple of years ago he stayed to put the club first, and now he is going for the same reason. In his announcement he thanked the club for the opportunities he got - but any debt has been well and truly repaid. All the best, Stevo.

If the Saints beat Freo, and the Dogs upset the Dons and the Kangas do it for 'Stevo', then the Kangas will make the 8 on percentage.

Roos fans will then surely get a chance to say farewell in Melbourne.

NathanD said:
If the Saints beat Freo, and the Dogs upset the Dons and the Kangas do it for 'Stevo', then the Kangas will make the 8 on percentage.

If wishes were fishes, I'm worth a whole school
If longing were money, I'm a fat wealthy fool.
(M. Thomas)

Great career Stevo. God I hate NM/Kangas, but as Monty Burns would say, I don't hate you. Be proud of how you carried yourself on & off the field.

mocaholic said:
If wishes were fishes, I'm worth a whole school
If longing were money, I'm a fat wealthy fool.
(M. Thomas)

Monday's experts talking in the tea room
In the worshop and the office talking all around the place
Monday's expert yeah they've always got the good oil
Pity you can't put a bet on at the finish of the race.
(M.Thomas)

NathanD said:
Monday's experts talking in the tea room
In the worshop and the office talking all around the place
Monday's expert yeah they've always got the good oil
Pity you can't put a bet on at the finish of the race.
(M.Thomas)

Good on you young man. Excellent taste off the footy field!

I'm off to see him with Elvis Costello as his supporting act in November (well, that's what I'm thinking, anyway). Will be a blinder of a night.

mocaholic said:
Good on you young man. Excellent taste off the footy field!

I'm off to see him with Elvis Costello as his supporting act in November (well, that's what I'm thinking, anyway). Will be a blinder of a night.

Why thank you!

Got our tickets already for Elvis at Moorilla (a day time gig at a Hobart winery); Stephen Cummings and Mick Thomas to support.

BTW, I'm a Lions supporter, worried about what might motivate the Kangas to greater heights on Saturday night, not unlike what they did to you blokes a few weeks ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing else to really say. One of the greatest players to ever pull on a North jumper, and one of the most inspirational and courageous players I've ever seen.

Enjoy your retirement champ, you've more than earned it.

Zeke said:
Geez... He was a very good orindary player, but lets not get carried away...

That’s a dual premiership, dual best and fairest, runner up best and fairest 4 times, All Australian and Vic Representative who’s had 2 knee reco’s, almost had his head sliced off and had his life ripped apart by one of his best mates – and still came back for more – yep ordinary!! :rolleyes:

Gonzo said:
That’s a dual premiership, dual best and fairest, runner up best and fairest 4 times, All Australian and Vic Representative who’s had 2 knee reco’s, almost had his head sliced off and had his life ripped apart by one of his best mates – and still came back for more – yep ordinary!! :rolleyes:

I said very good ordinary.

Zeke said:
I said very good ordinary.

A person who admits they might have been wrong on occasions is much more respectable that one who clings to an ilinformed opinion out of pure stobborness, Zeke.

Not too late.

NorthBhoy said:
A person who admits they might have been wrong on occasions is much more respectable that one who clings to an ilinformed opinion out of pure stobborness, Zeke.

Not too late.

It's not a matter of right and wrong, it's merely an opinion.

Anthony Stevens is a very good ordinary footballer, who made the most of his opportunities, faced adversity and overcame it. He's not the lone ranger. As a footballer, he's in the class of a Paul Licuria - are you going to tell me he's a legend and a great?

Remove this Banner Ad

Anthony Stevens Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Back