Anti-AFL thread - post here

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The high travelling cost is the number one factor facing any WA sporting team in any interstate competition .

Saying Glory supporters would have gone to the Reds is nonsensical .They didn't drop out of the AFL to start supporting the Glory .They support soccer fullstop .

Originally posted by E.A.
Christ, you're a nobody, if you were anybody you'd be playing AFL or NRL. You're a wally who came here to brag when in reality you've done nothing. You just weren't good enough, just like the rest of us.

I know you think you're something special, but you aren't.
you accused me of being a cat. so i cannot retort?? i was letting you know that i played 8 seasons of league & 2 in reps. certainly the behaviour becoming of a cat.
:rolleyes:

Oh, I'm cut. An AFL nancy boy called me a ****wit.

What elaboration do you need?

AFL is a sissy's sport in comparison to League and even Union for that matter. AFL is as much a body contact sport as Netball.

?

Sufficient?
here in E.A. we have a fine speciman who roamed the fringes of the packs to win the easy ball. scared to get in & under to win a contest were you?

Yeah, I'm sure that was the reason and not because you couldn't handle League.

Not that you did any better in AFL, **** I reckon I could just about get a start in the Sydney competition.
repetition, just give up. i thought you played rules. so where did you, in your head?

All you brought to it was nonsense. You're trying to brag with nothing to brag about.
my opinion as to why rules requires more skill than league. nothing more, nothing less.

Yes I did, I hung crap on you for being a ****er. That the crux of it.
with a whole lot of facts too.

Overhead contest marks?

You mean the ones where the crowd oohs and aahh because some bloke has shoved his knee into the back of an opponent or his own player?

Yeah, that's fascinatingly difficult.
did you pull those off in your sleep as well?

You're saying that running the ball up with the intention of getting past 13 people who are trying to knock you over isn't skilful?

hahahahahahah

Compared to what?

Kicking a ball the size of a shoe 50 metres?

Punching the ball?

Elbowing an opponent in the back of the head?
head highs, coathangers, spear tackles, forearms, facials. dodged some, copped some as well while i played league.

never had 13 guys trying to pull me down at the one time. usually 3 in the line, perhaps a cover defender if i got through, and the fullback. doesn't come nowhere near 13.

Ok, so you tackled a forward and I'm sure you went off crying afterwards and that's when you decided AFL is where someone like you should be.
you're still persisting with that argument? have you learnt how to read? that's right, i started crying during my 8th season.
:rolleyes:

I notice you mentioned Shane Webke, there isn't a player playing in the AFL that he wouldn't run over the top of.
skill?

I also notice that you in your effort to denigrate League seem to be pretty familiar with some of the players names. If you think it's so inferior to AFL, why do you watch it?
i never said it was inferior. i was comparing skill. league has its own positive attributes which cannot be excelled in rules. skill is not one of them. i was responding to a post comparing skills. before the insecurities that you have with your beloved game got the better of you, perhaps you should have taken a breath and re-read the post.

i live in sydney, my mates still play and/or watch league. i still taje part in the latter.

In my opinion AFL is inferior to League so I don't watch AFL. I couldn't name 1/2 a dozen Swans players, yet you named Peter Cusack who is hardly a high profile League player.
inferior on what basis? you haven't put forward a valid reason.

Face it, your just another person who enjoys League but can't admit it because the other AFL devotees here will see you as some sort of heathen.
who gives a sh*t what others think. i enjoy rules, soccer and a bit of league on the side.

Talk up AFL all you want dopey but don't denigrate League in the process. There's no basis for comparison of the two games only one's that boofheads like you make up in your head.

How simple is that?
if rules is so inferior in you're opinion, how did you compare the codes. backflips, all i see are backflips.

Re: Re: Re: Re: afl rulz

Originally posted by AuckMel
Clearly a myth.

When was the last time the Wallabies, SA and the All Blacks played in, Spain? Romania? the USA? Canada? the Pacific Islands?

The big 3 in the SH are so busy looking after themselves and the 6 nations teams, they have little time to see the real world.

Now if you were a 7's player, then that would be a different story.

Or if your good enough to make the kangaroo tour this year, you can go to the USA.

I am desperately controlling my laughter. You can't possibly tell me League is more global then Union. It only needs one other touring destination then League to be more global. No where should we chose......South Africa, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, France, Italy......or even with in Australia...Perth, Adelaide.

Good joke AuckMel I enjoyed it.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: afl rulz

Originally posted by Hit And Rum

I am desperately controlling my laughter. You can't possibly tell me League is more global then Union.

Umm, no, I never said that. You were telling us how if you play Union you see the world. I merely asked when was the last time any of the big 3 in the SH had been anywhere other than the UK, France, or just playing with themselves.

The fact that you couldn't, was no great surprise.

It only needs one other touring destination then League to be more global.

And here I was thinking, that ignorance about where League was played was the sole domain of AFL fans. Still, at least you can understand them not knowing.

or even with in Australia...Perth, Adelaide.

They actually play Union in SA and Perth? I didn't know that. When does the National Comp start? Will they be playing in Melbourne? Will it be on FTA TV? :D :D :D

Good joke AuckMel I enjoyed it.

I enjoyed the original joke more.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: afl rulz

I am still laughing buddy. That is up there in the most diabolical retorts I have ever had the misfortune to waste my eyes on reading.

Umm, no, I never said that. You were telling us how if you play Union you see the world. I merely asked when was the last time any of the big 3 in the SH had been anywhere other than the UK, France, or just playing with themselves.

The fact that you couldn't, was no great surprise.

I don't need to. My point which was simple play union see the world. I'll concede they don't play in Spain or Iraq but neither do League. So as I stated They only need to play in one other place e.g. South Africa and Union is in front.

And here I was thinking, that ignorance about where League was played was the sole domain of AFL fans. Still, at least you can understand them not knowing.

They actually play Union in SA and Perth? I didn't know that. When does the National Comp start? Will they be playing in Melbourne? Will it be on FTA TV? :D :D :D

They do mate and a heap more then League. Trinations Wallabie v South Africa in June at Subiaco. Or v Ireland. Or v South Africa before that. Don't forget the World Cup games in Perth and Adelaide before that too.

I enjoyed the original joke more.

If you are going to be a smart ass pal don't just be an ass be smart as well.

The fool on the hil....

You wrote:

"I don't need to. My point which was simple play union see the world. I'll concede they don't play in Spain or Iraq but neither do League. So as I stated They only need to play in one other place e.g. South Africa and Union is in front"

You can play League in many parts of the world if you want to, and not just in Wigan. You were wrong, but most likely just being ignorant of the expansion the game has gone through in the last few years.

You wrote again:

"They do mate and a heap more then League. Trinations Wallabie v South Africa in June at Subiaco. Or v Ireland. Or v South Africa before that. Don't forget the World Cup games in Perth and Adelaide before that too"

Look, I think that's great, but where's the National Comp? FTA TV?

The ARU have made very little progress since the World Cup.

You wrote again:

"They do mate and a heap more then League. Trinations Wallabie v South Africa in June at Subiaco. Or v Ireland. Or v South Africa before that. Don't forget the World Cup games in Perth and Adelaide before that too"

Look, I think that's great, but where's the National Comp? FTA TV?

The ARU have made very little progress since the World Cup.
Excellent questions AuckMel.

Boys you could rabbit on for hours about this but the point still remains the world, a lot more of the world is available to you playin Union over league.

No national comp. There isnt one in league either boys or is only the eastern board national.

Super 12 mean anything to you. Probably not bcoz it does not have a Melbourne team as successful as the Storm or a North Queensland team (only one for the whole state) so there fore it is not truly national. Only international.

Once again play League see Wigan.

Play Union see the world.

Enjoy boys.

Boys you could rabbit on for hours about this but the point still remains the world, a lot more of the world is available to you playin Union over league.

No national comp. There isnt one in league either boys or is only the eastern board national.

Super 12 mean anything to you. Probably not bcoz it does not have a Melbourne team as successful as the Storm or a North Queensland team (only one for the whole state) so there fore it is not truly national. Only international.

Once again play League see Wigan.

Play Union see the world.

Enjoy boys.

mmm Victory cup is being played in RUSSIA as we speak... the Med cup is played in Lebanon! Australia are going to USA to play a game there and France! NZ & England! The Cup Final in Wales!!!! Which got over 73 thousand!!!!
Play Union if u like! I prefer League:p

Originally posted by LebaneseForces

mmm Victory cup is being played in RUSSIA as we speak... the Med cup is played in Lebanon! Australia are going to USA to play a game there and France! NZ & England! The Cup Final in Wales!!!! Which got over 73 thousand!!!!

No way!!!

I heard that if you play League, you can only see Wigan.

One word both sides of the argument need to learn: relativity.

The NRL can't claim to be any more "national" than the Super 12s and vice versa.

Similarly, just because there have been embarrassingly one-sided scores in internationals, international RL can't be considered any less legitimite than international RU and vice versa.

League may be stronger than Union in certain respects, Union may be stronger than League in certain respects, but when given a fair chance both will be able to address their respective shortcomings.

I think that about sums it up :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by David Votoupal
The NRL can't claim to be any more "national" than the Super 12s and vice versa.
They cant?

Lets see..

Super 12: Sydney, Brisbane, Canberra
NRL: Sydney, Brisbane, Canberra AND Melbourne, Newcastle, Townsville, Wollongong (& soon, the Gold Coast).

I wouldnt be trying to claim that S12 is remotely on the same level as the NRL on any scale.

Originally posted by Mickey
I hear they use a grenade in Lebanon as the ball...............boom boom tiss!

Funny!

I heard that Lebanese people from Melbourne are trying to do what the Sydney Cedars and Lebanese people in Sydney did and introduce AFL to Lebanon!!! Lebanese people like tough sports it'll never take off and hasn't from what i've heard!!!

Is that why they play soccer?

well they didn't know about Rugby League three years ago!! Now they have a domestic competition up and running in Lebanon! Lebanon are the Med Champions!!!
And In NSW Lebanese people are RL mad (MOST)!!!!

You are correct LD, but the big difference between RL and RU in Melbourne is the fact that RL has The Storm. I lived and played both codes in Melbourne in the early 90's and RL was basically unheard of. There are currently 23 RU clubs in Victoria who compete in a variety of competitions.

Take out the Storm, and I think you'd find that crowds would be fairly similar between the 2 codes.

Originally posted by LebaneseForces
And In NSW Lebanese people are RL mad (MOST)!!!!
We all know why that is. Lebs like it when its 3 or 4 on 1 person, easier for them to handle than a 1 on 1 contest.

Originally posted by littleduck
Media coverage (papers & tv)? Yep.
Yeah, the media coverage is HUGE, just open the Herald Sun and you need to flick to the classifieds to find anything on both RL and RU - about a paragraph long for each.

We all know why that is. Lebs like it when its 3 or 4 on 1 person, easier for them to handle than a 1 on 1 contest.

People like you talk the talk!
3 or 4 on 1... there are only about 1% of idiots like that in the Lebanese community! And no worries i've almost gotten in a fight with them for defending a normal Bulldog supporter who just wanted to enjoy the footy, and before i knew it 30 of them were around me! Lucky the Cops moved in ASAP! Thankfully they don't come no more or since the Roosters game:) ! The funny thing is there no older then 15 and one punch would put them 6 feet underground!!!! How i wanted to put one of them 6 feet underground:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back