Any London based North supporters on here?

Remove this Banner Ad

Lidge

Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts RIP
Feb 28, 2003
Qantas Club Lounge
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Washington Generals
I'll be in London and miss 2 games and was wondering where & how I can see these live in the UK?

The Telstra Big Pond service is still on 24 hr delay (is this still the case)? If there's nothing else available, will make do with radio commentary via the web. But these are 2 games I'd rather watch on the tube & preferably at a pub.

Games in question.

Vs Essendon (7.10pm Melb/10.10am UK - Sat 2nd July)
Vs WCE (7.40pm Melb/10.40am UK - Fri 8th July)

Any suggestions & tips will be appreciated.

cheers

Lidge

Lidge said:
I'll be in London and miss 2 games and was wondering where & how I can see these live in the UK?

The Telstra Big Pond service is still on 24 hr delay (is this still the case)? If there's nothing else available, will make do with radio commentary via the web. But these are 2 games I'd rather watch on the tube & preferably at a pub.

Games in question.

Vs Essendon (7.10pm Melb/10.10am UK - Sat 2nd July)
Vs WCE (7.40pm Melb/10.40am UK - Fri 8th July)

Any suggestions & tips will be appreciated.

cheers

Lidge

Check the TNT or Southern Cross magazines at any inner london tube station. They are free! They are great for anything Aussie or Kiwi.

spurs said:
Check the TNT or Southern Cross magazines at any inner london tube station. They are free! They are great for anything Aussie or Kiwi.

Every week since I can remember, the Walkabout Hotel has two full page size ads in TNT. One ad is for the Walkabout Shepherds Bush, this is the one that shows the most AFL. The will show a replay of most games, for example, next Wednesday night I'll be there to watch a replay of Freo v Roos at 8.30pm local time. You can watch it on the AFL website but nothing beats the big screen. I am subscribed to the AFL website but it keeps buffering even though I have a 2MB link, my Essendon mates get a much better deal with Bomber TV, you can download the whole thing and watch it without buffering issues.

jonty12 said:
Every week since I can remember, the Walkabout Hotel has two full page size ads in TNT. One ad is for the Walkabout Shepherds Bush, this is the one that shows the most AFL. The will show a replay of most games, for example, next Wednesday night I'll be there to watch a replay of Freo v Roos at 8.30pm local time. You can watch it on the AFL website but nothing beats the big screen. I am subscribed to the AFL website but it keeps buffering even though I have a 2MB link, my Essendon mates get a much better deal with Bomber TV, you can download the whole thing and watch it without buffering issues.

Look out for me behind the Kangaroos goals at the North v Freo game. :D

Sadly the Walkabout at Shepherds Bush is the only option, as its not the most desirable place to visit!!

I know the game against Richmond was shown on Monday night but I couldn't get along. I was there for the Port Adelaide game a few weeks ago, and it was awful with all the morons that desend on that place on a Thurdsday night.

After the Shepherds Bush Walkie shows the game they distribute them to other Walkabouts around London. I have tried to offer them £10 to buy them each week to no avail!!!

Shinboners said:
I'm not sure if he's back in London, but send a PM to Yianni.

Yeah I'm here in London.

Send me a PM if you want Lidge, unless I've got gigs on I'd love to come to the pub and watch the match with you.

Got some Bomber mates who would come to the Essendon one too!

Yianni said:
Yeah I'm here in London.

Send me a PM if you want Lidge, unless I've got gigs on I'd love to come to the pub and watch the match with you.

Got some Bomber mates who would come to the Essendon one too!

Hey Fellas, Let us know where you are watching the game, might come down myself. Although i doubt there is a live feed. I think its normally a repeat that is on thursday nights at most walkabouts.

take it easy.

Hey Yianni, do you play in a band here in London do you?? If so I will come and check you out. I usually head to a gig at least once a week so that would be cool.

Actually heading to see Melbourne band the Casanovas tonight at the Islington Acadamy, should be rockin'!!

Is anyone out there able to save games digitally, like in MPG or AVI format?
Maybe we could get them out each week over bitorrent. Not exactly legal I know, but having just come home from London I know how frustrating this is....

PM me if you want to try this and can help....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dench said:
Hey Yianni, do you play in a band here in London do you?? If so I will come and check you out. I usually head to a gig at least once a week so that would be cool.

Actually heading to see Melbourne band the Casanovas tonight at the Islington Acadamy, should be rockin'!!

Nah, not in a band, that's Carlos! Stand up Comedian. Still come along to a gig though.

Just found out that I'm going to be supporting Brett Butler (the chick from "Grace under fire") in Atlanta, Georgia in October!

A chick named Brett?!?

Shinboners said:
To all the London Roos, I hope you and all your mates are safe and well.

I'll second that. Here's a post I put on TSK yesterday...

Very weird feeling about here in London today. And how quickly things change!

Yesterday the whole city was on a high following the 2012 announcement and winning the Olympics. I was out on the drink in a big way last night celebrating with a few locals and luckily pulled the pin on an early morning appointment in the financial district in the city which was right amongst the chaos.

For the first time ever - I'm happy to be hungover and even happier that I didn't take a ride on the tube this morning.

All morning there's been an endless stream of ambulances & police cars with sirens wailing, lights flashing past the hotel where I'm at (luckily out of the city) - but keeping a half nervous eye across the road (Heathrow airport).

Looking forward to coming home next week.

Thanks for the message guys.

Luckily I had an appointment for work out in Staines (Ali G territory!!) therefore didn't catch the tube. Normally around the time of the bomb going off I go through Russell Square and Kings Cross on my way to work in north London, so I am very thankful today that I didn't do my normal routine.

So Londoners, I touch down in a little under 2 weeks. Am I going to be able to get my North fix this season? Have things improved since July last year? Or is it going to be a long 6 months up there?

Look forward to catching up with some fellow Roos in Pommyland.

year of the roo said:
So Londoners, I touch down in a little under 2 weeks. Am I going to be able to get my North fix this season? Have things improved since July last year? Or is it going to be a long 6 months up there?

Nyet. (Not a Londoner, but visit London every quarter with work).

You'll have to make do with 24 hour delayed replay on telstra.com/afl.com.au, but you will get live radio coverage via the internet and an occasional game replayed in a few pubs.

But far better than it used to be.

year of the roo said:

Nah, seems to be same set up as last year. I stream the audio on the AFL website which seems to work and then watch the Telstra.com/AFL.com.au replays. Not the best quality but okay.

Sky sports have an AFL show on Sat mornings but that just shows highlights of the best game of the week - and we all know that the Roos never make it to match of the round!

I guess you could always download torrents from websites as well? Don't know how many people are doing AFL games?

sky 3 showed them at some ungodly hour last season. not all games though,just a highlights package and one feature game. As for the replays on afl.com, i found them cr@p, I have 8 meg broadband and was still having issues.

Anyway have a ball in london.

Remove this Banner Ad

Any London based North supporters on here?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back