Any news on our 2011 guernseys?

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't we win the '66 Premiership wearing that home guernsey with the black cuffs?

After staring at the clash for a while longer, it is growing on me. It includes more white which is better for clashes and I don't mind the black outline over the red. However I also liked the simple design of this seasons clash.

It just sucks when you purchase a guernsey this year, and its already out of date!

I'll be honest I despise most things about your club (and I'm sure most of you feel the same about mine), but that home jumper for next year looks fantastic!

Also the clash strip looks pretty good but does the white part have to be so thick to confer with clash strip standards? Because the only issue I'd make with it is making the vertical and horizontal white sections thinner.

I know clash has changed to the cross but St Kilda also wore the mostly white jumper for away games, so do you think they may keep it for away games or alternate between the home and clash for away games, or just make the clash the away strip?

I believe clashe are designed with limitations on how much of x shades on either side, for instance a light clash would need something in the order of 60% white on both sides which would explain a thick white cross as opposed to a thin one.

Thanks for clearing that up. This one looks a winner, even though IMO your traditional jumper with a white back should be all that is needed for a clash strip.

As someone who was completely neutral on the St Kilda strip before, I've gotta say I love the new home jumper, such a small change but it looks fantastic :thumbsu: The clash jumper is ok, definitely better than the 2010 model.

After having my cross bun strip since 1999. Thinking I may purchase a new one, cos they are damn sexy.

Maybe I'm meant to have it forever though, I have said the last 3 Grand Finals if we win it I'm gonna buy a new one...

2011 Home:

1.jpg

2011 Clash:

2.jpg

http://www.goodscore.com.au/kilda-saints-c-643_644_656.html?osCsid=bfb832727d752da64b1c78ec3caeda1b

Not too sure on the clash. But i do like the idea of the cross, they seem to be incorporating that into alot of their 2011 gear.

And that answers the above question.

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

enormous love for these

Would like the cross version better if it was just red with no out line but even still I will be getting on of these for myself ASAP. Looks fukn AWESOME!!!!!

Can not wait to see the boys run out in these.

I know the draft is tomorrow night but is there any word on when the jumper numbers will be announced? Anyone think we will see some new numbers for the boys or will the draftees fill in the blanks (8, 9 etc) ???

Would like the cross version better if it was just red with no out line but even still I will be getting on of these for myself ASAP. Looks fukn AWESOME!!!!!

Can not wait to see the boys run out in these.

I know the draft is tomorrow night but is there any word on when the jumper numbers will be announced? Anyone think we will see some new numbers for the boys or will the draftees fill in the blanks (8, 9 etc) ???

Stanley and Simpkin may come down, but unless we get an absolute gun at 24 or a really good MAP the, draftees don't generally get numbers too low.

I'm not anti-change or anything. but why mess with the home jumper.
If it 'aint broke, don't fix it. there was simply no need to change into a black collar and cuffs set-up.
also without any input from the members?. our jumper this year was 100% perfect after we ditched the black trim from the collar and cuffs and turned them all white.
so what if this new "black" jumper looks somewhat more intimidating. its not going to make us premiers. opposing players aren't going to give less effort and run scared because the jumper is now a bit more black.
They changed it, fine, i'll live. but i find it basically, rude, that the club didn't even what to know if the supporters and members wanted to change the design.
i really hope we don't win a premiership wearing that. so if we make a GF this season, they had better fix it by then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you don't hope for St Kilda to win the premiership, you don't have much of a claim to the title "supporter".

happy to win a flag, just has to be the right jumper. that jumper is the first thing that comes into my head when i think of the footy club. this change to the jumper is like a stain on the front. imagine looking back on the 2011 premiership photo in 10 years time and think, "why the hell did we go with black collar and cuffs?" its just not the saints jumper we all know and love.
the 2010 jumper is the best we've ever had it and didn't need to be changed.

The new home guernsey looks great. It's amazing how much a little bit more black and a little less white can change things around so much.

It gives the gurnsey a tougher look and even seems to make the players look trimmer and fitter.

happy to win a flag, just has to be the right jumper. that jumper is the first thing that comes into my head when i think of the footy club. this change to the jumper is like a stain on the front. imagine looking back on the 2011 premiership photo in 10 years time and think, "why the hell did we go with black collar and cuffs?" its just not the saints jumper we all know and love.
the 2010 jumper is the best we've ever had it and didn't need to be changed.

Imagine looking back on the 2011 Premiership and going "We won a bloody premiership".

As long as we don't walk up to claim it in the Pies jumper again, anything goes for me.

Being an outside voice I think that the clash is pretty good, the new home however is a pretty cheap way of just selling more merchandise though =(. It looks worse than the 2010 jumper which was perfect with the white cuffs, but not changing it every season doesn't make as much money I suppose.

Being an outside voice I think that the clash is pretty good, the new home however is a pretty cheap way of just selling more merchandise though =(. It looks worse than the 2010 jumper which was perfect with the white cuffs, but not changing it every season doesn't make as much money I suppose.

well, that puts it into words perfectly.
i just think its a sad part of sport today where we have to change our jumper each year to make money.
and i don't care if it looks tougher, dane swan for example isnt going to go "ohh, he's got more black this time....stay away from him! boys, lay down your arms!"
again, the 2010 jumper was 100% perfect. didnt need changing.

well, that puts it into words perfectly.
i just think its a sad part of sport today where we have to change our jumper each year to make money.
and i don't care if it looks tougher, dane swan for example isnt going to go "ohh, he's got more black this time....stay away from him! boys, lay down your arms!"
again, the 2010 jumper was 100% perfect. didnt need changing.

It's an opinion. Get over it.

2011 NAB Cup Guernsey are now available for pre-order at the saints shop online

nabcup_main.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Any news on our 2011 guernseys?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back