Any positives today?

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a positive. The season will end after round 22, our players will be back from leave and ready to start a proper pre-season build up for 2010.

I also don't have to worry about how to get GF tickets this season.

How can a club get everything right last year and every wrong this season? It's mind boggling.

We are by no means out of the finals race (top four is probably out of reach now though), however missing finals this year might not be such a bad thing this year, get the extra month of preseason and regroup for next year. Seriously though let's hope we make finals. :thumbsu:

After the premieship we haven't put one foot right. It's hard when so many players are injured/unfit/playing with injury. You can't manage your group of 30 players that play properly and this hurts for the whole season.

The example would be we had many fit players playing last year and Bateman had a niggle jjust before the Collingwood game. We rested him and he was good to go for the rest of the season. This year, due to our injury list we have had these injuries to Bateman (calf) Brown (ankle/knee) Mitchell (illness/calf), Hodge (groin), Williams (knee) Campbell (hip) and forced to play them due to having 6 out from the start of the season.

So when they come back Ladson, Gilham and co. The players above mentioned body's are not inpeak condition.

Lets just play the season out, play 1 or 2 finals. Re-grop for 2010. We have a great young list. Hopefully 2009 is three steps back and 2010 is four forward.

Hodge showed his leadership skills, and I though Robbie did well again as a fill in backman. But really, that's all I saw. The rest was absolute garbage. When we lose, we get thumped.

The positive was that Murphy and Taylor were so bad, hopefully, Clarkson was able to realise how bad they really are.

There is no way we can go blaming injuries any more. Our defence were probably, but sadly, the best part of our game today.. Midfield and Forwards (who are at full strength minus Young and Rioli) were dismal.

BTW, is it just me, or has anyone else noticed how badly Changa has been disposing of the ball lately? Don't get me wrong, I love Chance, but he is noway near at as reliable as he was last year. I'm not saying he's the only one.

The positive was that Murphy and Taylor were so bad, hopefully, Clarkson was able to realise how bad they really are.

There is no way we can go blaming injuries any more. Our defence were probably, but sadly, the best part of our game today.. Midfield and Forwards (who are at full strength minus Young and Rioli) were dismal.

BTW, is it just me, or has anyone else noticed how badly Changa has been disposing of the ball lately? Don't get me wrong, I love Chance, but he is noway near at as reliable as he was last year. I'm not saying he's the only one.

He looks to me like he is playing injured. At one stage today he ran to a contest that would have caused most blokes to be out of breath. Chance was absolutely spent, when normally he would be still jumping around. Wouldn't surprise me if he is struggling with injury or a virus.

If anyone can find a real one...please let me know!! that second half was pathetic, what a contrast from last year, where has all the hunger,heart gone. :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We must be the NO1 side in disposal inefficiency...:eek:...oops, sorry, no positive there....No 1 at something though:thumbsu:

Willliams' first half.
Osbourne's first half.
Campbell is trying hard in a role that he shouldn't be doing.
We hung in there to half time.

Not a lot to hang our hats on, but it could have been worse. Things just rolled their way in the second half and nobody stuck their hand up. I think a few Hawthorn players stuck their hands up to say they won't be part of the team come the next few rounds.

There's going to be days like these, but hopefully not many more. :)

I got a nice slice of the Cranbourne quaddie today...
That was a positive..

oh you meant football?? ummm then.. None at all

Clarkson's coaching was shitful and along with lack of effort was instrumental in our loss.

Williams bags 2 or 3 (can't remember) in the first qtr, lions having no answer to straight kicking, leading out and chest marks. Some bloke named Dunstall used to do a bit of that. Apparently he went alright too..

then, he gets consigned to the midfield and or backline, where he NEVER looks like getting a kick. Good move that..

then again, like last week, he decides that one man in the forward line is a good idea. Probably so he can have 3 blokes jump all over him, and have no crumbing forwards. Good move that...

then

Hodge effectively curbs Brown until half time. That can't happen, decides Clarkson, so, he moves Campbell onto him. How many did Brown kick again after Campbell went to him???? Good move that...

How many times do we try it till he wakes up to the fact that it rarely works. Be honest, if it wasn't for Bazza last week, the swans would have run over us. Today we go the arse wiping that was coming..

Murphy, Mc Glynn, Taylor MUST be banished to Box Hill for all eternity..None of them are any good at all.

This was a disgraceful, crap performance by a bunch of fifty cent millionaires with their heads up their arses. Coach included.

Thank Christ we don't have to watch that crap again next week..

Play the kids. Find out what we've got or play blokes in the right positions, where possible, e.g. williams, roughead especially.:(

We must be the NO1 side in disposal inefficiency...:eek:...oops, sorry, no positive there....No 1 at something though:thumbsu:

The sad thing is on Foxtel they mentioned that Brisbane set a record for the worst kicking efficiency by any side up until half time. And they still beat us, how crap were we?

Did anyone see Murphy attempt to trip Hooper only to be shattered when he missed thus not going to the tribunal this week?

At least now we can stop pretending that we are a shot this year. Last year took it's toll on us, less time for preseason and less time for injuries to heal. Hopefully we can get a decent kid in the draft now and take the flag home in 2010

I got a nice slice of the Cranbourne quaddie today...
That was a positive..

oh you meant football?? ummm then.. None at all

Clarkson's coaching was shitful and along with lack of effort was instrumental in our loss.

Williams bags 2 or 3 (can't remember) in the first qtr, lions having no answer to straight kicking, leading out and chest marks. Some bloke named Dunstall used to do a bit of that. Apparently he went alright too..

then, he gets consigned to the midfield and or backline, where he NEVER looks like getting a kick. Good move that..

then again, like last week, he decides that one man in the forward line is a good idea. Probably so he can have 3 blokes jump all over him, and have no crumbing forwards. Good move that...

then

Hodge effectively curbs Brown until half time. That can't happen, decides Clarkson, so, he moves Campbell onto him. How many did Brown kick again after Campbell went to him???? Good move that...

How many times do we try it till he wakes up to the fact that it rarely works. Be honest, if it wasn't for Bazza last week, the swans would have run over us. Today we go the arse wiping that was coming..

Murphy, Mc Glynn, Taylor MUST be banished to Box Hill for all eternity..None of them are any good at all.

This was a disgraceful, crap performance by a bunch of fifty cent millionaires with their heads up their arses. Coach included.

Thank Christ we don't have to watch that crap again next week..

Play the kids. Find out what we've got or play blokes in the right positions, where possible, e.g. williams, roughead especially.:(
spot on:thumbsu:

Robert Campbell & Campbell Brown both played well for most of the game.

Williams showed he can still play a role as a key forward if we look for him.

Hodge at least attempting to marshall the troops.

Mitchell staying out there and at least contributing after getting cleaned up by a stray
knee/hip.

Muston is playing reasonably tight as a tagger.

Guerra really does seem to be in good form as well.

Guerra's game was good.

Our depth is exposed. Tuck, Taylor, Murphy and BMac are not premiership standard players. This is good as for Tim Boyle as he may dodge another bullet.

We should have recruited a mature aged defender this year instead of 5 x 17/18 year olds. The club KNEW Croad wasn't going to play, yet we somehow thought having Gilham as our only key defender would be okay. I hope Shane Savage becomes a gun player in the future, because we could have used that last pick on someone who could have held things together in the meantime.

I hate to say it, but Geelong did it perfectly. They knew their window was open and that Matthew Egan was in some strife, so they recruited Harry Taylor and he fit in nicely for them.

Hodge was looking good, and surely must be captain next year. He was better in the first half though, which is somewhat understandable as he is not 100%.

Guerra was good.

They may actually drop Murphy now. I find mysefl constantly cursing his name while watching the games. When he dropped that knee. When he spoiled Ellis (probably his best spoil of the year, too). Poor decision making.

McGlynn should also be dropped. He's just not that good, and completely went missing. Injuries or no injuries, he's not a player of the future, so play someone else.

Taylor can't be dropped yet. He's an unco, commits a lot of the same mistakes as Murphy, but we've seen what happens when we play Renouf as our only ruckman. I much prefer Renouf as a player, but he's not yet capable of being our number 1 ruck, let alone our only ruck. Until Robbie can get back to being no. 1 ruck, Taylor has to stay in the side. Whatever else he is, he is probably our best tap-ruckman currently. We should focus on getting Max Bailey ready to be playing next year. This year is not going to give us a premiership,so we should be somewhat conservative with injured players, make sure they are 100% next year, with a full preseason under their belts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Any positives today?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back