Anyone here switching to the GC?

Remove this Banner Ad

I was thinking about Karmichael Hunt the other day.

He would have a;

Broncos jersey
Maroons jersey
Kangaroos jersey
Biarritz Olympique jersey
Gold Coast Jersey

I wish I had that many, I only have two (one of which, though, is the Maroon Fitzroy long sleeved hand stitched jersey, featured on the cover of Adrian Muyts book 'Maroon and Blue' (any takers?!?))

Its also interesting that Wikipedia lists only three players in the AFL who earn over a million a year;

Hunt
Judd
Johnathan Brown

I didn't know we were paying Brownie a million a year. GET THE HELL OUT THERE!!

I read somewhere that his package was worth about 1.2 mil... (with endorsements).

Re the OP, I used to holiday in Bali, but with the current economic situation, I was actually thinking about switching to the Gold Coast, anyone know a good hotel? :rolleyes:

Go have a chat to richmond supporters...or i wonder how many current saint supporters have seen their team lift a premierhsip cup. Its only been 7 years since our last flag!!

sorry to intrude but as a saints supporter i must agree, we havent won since 1966 but i would never ever trade teams because a bit of bad luck...

I am done!!

After some speculation and plenty of debate and abuse from so called fellow supporters I would like like to announce that I am off to the Gold Coast.

I stated in my previous thread I was thinking about moving across to the Gold Coast after our poor performance and trading. Since then I have received some very hurtful and unfair comments.

Looking forward to joining a friendly club who may be able to win some games of football.
x

Re: I am done!!

Bye!!!! Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out bandwagoner:rolleyes:

You sir are a grade A ******** !

14o564m.jpg

Re: I am done!! ( Trying to be cool like Slapper28)

Hmmmmmm Why are people picking on me??? All I did was say I was gonna start supporting the GC next year??? I just can't understand why you are all so horrible to me? :(

I just wanted to make friends geez leave me alone I can do what I want to!!! you arent my parents!!!!:mad::rolleyes:

Oh well goodbye cruel cruel world :(:(:(

Best news I've heard all week. Enjoy your empty, glory-chasing, fairweather flags.

Always heard opposition supporters talk about the "soft Brisbane bandwagoner" who disappears at the first sign that things look anything short of peachy. Glad that we've finally found a case study.

Any true supporter worth their salt can't simply switch off their love and emotional attachment to a club just because of a few bad decisions. This, along with the fact that you deemed your defection to be worth two attention-seeking threads says plenty about you.

No loyalty plus a desire to showboat and bignote yourself.

I'd almost swear you were an Akermanis.

Can a Brissie mod please merge this thread with the other one?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few moments that you have now forfeited the right to get nostalgic about.

[YOUTUBE]GDIrclo7hT0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]KZt8XxZeU1g[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]AV3kCYTpjKQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]EJ9WHEb668I[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]3jO0RZ6bfmI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]nkZUZ0lsW0w[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]-xh5N6yPa9U[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]C6UCKhnLDUA[/YOUTUBE]

[youtube]bbZBhrkf50E[/youtube]

[YOUTUBE]X3KR0apkW-8[/YOUTUBE]

Buy hey... who needs that when you can have...

mascot.jpg

Ciao!

Also our theme song uses music that is widely regarded as one of the best pieces of music ever created (French national anthem). The Gold Coast Gazza's theme song is cringeworthy to say the least. :eek:

when U were 4 did U tell your mum you were running away from home?

prima donna

I'm betting his parents use to hang a piece of meat around his neck just to get the dog to play with him.....

Awesome videos TBD. I recently got the 2003 one, where we wore the Fitzroy jumper for the first time, on DVD. What a day that was!!! (Of course the Premierships were even better!)

After some speculation and plenty of debate and abuse from so called fellow supporters I would like like to announce that I am off to the Gold Coast.

I stated in my previous thread I was thinking about moving across to the Gold Coast after our poor performance and trading. Since then I have received some very hurtful and unfair comments.

Looking forward to joining a friendly club who may be able to win some games of football.
x
Went to the game tonight and saw a lot to look forward to.So looking forward to seeing Rich, Redden, Rockliffe , Leuy, Polkinghorne and Banfield become superstars of our club. Enjoy Carmichael Hunt.;)

Its not you know.....I changed when I was in my 30's.....I was born in Geelong, into a mad Cats family and was obviously indoctrinated from the word go..brainwashed I believe its called..

Well into adulthood, I realised I was not enjoying footy anymore, even though I loved the game... too many high expectations (4 grand finals) with too many massive disappointments..

I then discovered a little struggling team up in Qld, getting smashed each week by the "big boys" of the league...how could I not fall in love with them and their struggle to get the footy world to take notice of them??

My days as a Cat were numbered!

I became, of my own free choice, a Brisbane Bear!!

...and they have never ever let me down!...I watched and cheered and cried as they rose from being little minnows who learnt to roar loudly, as they became, with their fellow struggling southern counterparts, Fitzroy,...the Brisbane Lions

They rose up to be a powerhouse of their time, like the Cats 4 grand finals, the Lions also got into 4 grand finals, but guess what?.....they won 3 of them!!

No, I have never regretted changing teams....its a bit challenging at the moment, but like my Bears, we will overcome this little hiccup and Vossy will be the one to lead us out of wilderness..

Just like he helped do back then..

As for the GC, we will win some, and lose some I suspect..
Glad to think im not the only one!

I changed to the lions in 1997/8 from the Crows - deep down I knew I was only going from them so I thought doing somthing popular at school would stop me from being bullied. I also started to believe the club was more like a business then a club and were becomming too arrogant. Had the lions as a 2nd fave side and wanted them to win more than Adelaide so I bit the bullet. That and having Lynchy as my fave player at the time. I never regretted it since and I wouldnt dream of doing it now or ever.

I love my sport and I cant stand watching a game as a nutura as love being involved (sometimes too much I care to admit) I dont think its a '2nd team' concept as such but a If we cant do well what would be the next best senario :) Unfortunatly they wont make the 8 either :(

Thats the beauty about sport - its very individualistic as far as who and how fans want to support. May that never change

I fear Snapper won't be the last to head off down the M1.

Reckon there are number of Coast based supporters who merely hopped on the Bandwagon and now can't cop the "barren" years. (and I'm a Fitzroy fan, so I know all about "barren"!) And if I didn't have a really strong alliegence to the Lions, I'd probably take the easy option a support the local side as well.

In all honesty, I'd rather 'em don the DT's and jump on board the Gold Coast AFL team, rather than give footy the flick and revert back to either of the bum sniffing codes.
It will be interesting to see our 2011 membership stats.

x

Welcome Snapp, great to have you on board!!

The flag isn't far away!!

x
Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

BOOO Go the Lions cant wait to Brown Kicks 15 on the Hack of a full back you will have and carmichael being take on by banfield and banging his 7th.YOU SOLD YOUR SOUL THERE AINT NO COMING BACK.2011 Lions Just might make top 4 and win it all go the lions.

weak as p@@# gold coast is a joke almost as funny as west sydney. enjoy the rodgering you beach bums are gunna get. anyone who even thinks about jumping ship isnt worth having.

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone here switching to the GC?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back