APS 2005 1st 18 level: Players, teams etc

Remove this Banner Ad

dutchy12 said:
And with Caufiield

Well you just have to look at all the country boys comign to baord there eg McQualter, Walker, Garubba, Goddard etc.

Don't think Judd was on a scolarship though does anyone know about this?
Yeh, Caulfield is known for it. And now we (Carey) have taken their principal and are now known as "Mini-Caulfield". A lot of the teachers aren't happy about it to say the least.

iameviljez said:
Yeh, Caulfield is known for it. And now we (Carey) have taken their principal and are now known as "Mini-Caulfield". A lot of the teachers aren't happy about it to say the least.
The interesting thing with these scholarships is that the vast majority of people at the schools aren't happy about it. Yet those in charge continue to do it, shows where their priorities lie. :(

roger merret said:
Geelong College have Banjanin (201cm), Rockerfeller, Cordy and Turner from Falcons with more depth than ever. Word is they will do better than everyone expects.
they might be competitive in a match or 2 then?? against geelong grammer and skevs maybe??

dutchy12 said:
And with Caufiield

Well you just have to look at all the country boys comign to baord there eg McQualter, Walker, Garubba, Goddard etc.

Don't think Judd was on a scolarship though does anyone know about this?

don't know where u got that from, garubba wasn't from the country and did not board, and walker did not board either, nor was he on scholarship which is a common misperception

judd initially went to caulfield without a scholarship but was then placed on one

Joe Blow said:
don't know where u got that from, garubba wasn't from the country and did not board, and walker did not board either, nor was he on scholarship which is a common misperception

judd initially went to caulfield without a scholarship but was then placed on one

ok yeah just found it a bit hard to believe that the talent of some of those players hadn't been scouted out but if you say there not then yeah

dutchy12 said:
ok yeah just found it a bit hard to believe that the talent of some of those players hadn't been scouted out but if you say there not then yeah

goddard and mcqualter were definatly scouted though from the country

what do you all think of who the real contenders will be this year and also standout players in the competition, especially form each school.

Haileybury have paid bout $200,000 for their 1st team so you'd tip them to win this year

scotch's top players would be nick smith, andrew ainger, ed barlow with a pretty even team behind them

Marns said:
Oi Milnedog, what yr you in? Seems we've got a few xavvers here.
Does seem to be a few Xavier boys here.

Milnedog aka Flegz (prefect) and myself both finished last year

What year are youn in Marns?

Who else from here is from xavier, Ablett Factor?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

catfan29 said:

yeah i am lewis ;) , im luke, cam bells mate.

catfan29 said:

Aah, I see, yeah Im in yr.12 this year. :(

Does anyone know about the year 12 group at Melbourne Grammar, they lost most of their senior players last year didn't they?

The player from Scotch to watch is not any of theo nes listed. It would be young James Strouss in year 9. Around 6 foot, national runner, class act. Will be Scotch's main chance to claim a real gem here. Playing for chargers. watch evolve.

James Strauss- yep all class that kid, but he's only year 9... very doubtful he'd play firsts this year. wouldnt surprise me if he did tho cuz when compared to the rest of his 9A team mates, he looks like he's played 5 years longer than any other player.

Remove this Banner Ad

APS 2005 1st 18 level: Players, teams etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back