APS Round One

Remove this Banner Ad

dirty_cat44

Rookie
Apr 28, 2005
Other Teams
Geelong
Round one shapes up to be a big Round in the APS.

Wesley and Geelong doesn't take much interist but geelong should take the points.

Xaviar and Caulfield should be a good game but i can't see Caulfield knocking off Xaviar with their height, although the loss of Kennedy but Xaviar should cruise home with spanger kicking 6+.

Brighton hosts scotch in what should be the game of the round, with Muir out for Brighton and Ainger out for Scotch, brighton should be to string on their hot-dog ground.

Carey host the premiers in what should be a close game, Carey without Laidlaw, and Haileybury without Murray and Magner, i still can't see carey getting over the line, Haileybury in a close game.

Geelong college should thump St Kevins

And Melbourne have the bye.

Your thoughts on the outs and will they have an effect and who should take the points

Scotch vs Brighton will be a true test of the scotch strength. I again predict Jacobs to kick 10goals+.
In a 24point win for the Cardinal, Gold and for the Blue.

dirty_cat44 said:
Round one shapes up to be a big Round in the APS.

Wesley and Geelong doesn't take much interist but geelong should take the points.

Xaviar and Caulfield should be a good game but i can't see Caulfield knocking off Xaviar with their height, although the loss of Kennedy but Xaviar should cruise home with spanger kicking 6+.

Brighton hosts scotch in what should be the game of the round, with Muir out for Brighton and Ainger out for Scotch, brighton should be to string on their hot-dog ground.

Carey host the premiers in what should be a close game, Carey without Laidlaw, and Haileybury without Murray and Magner, i still can't see carey getting over the line, Haileybury in a close game.

Geelong college should thump St Kevins

And Melbourne have the bye.

Your thoughts on the outs and will they have an effect and who should take the points
Spangher finished last year.

Wesley Vs Geelong - Wesley will win by more than 5 goals

Xaviar Vs Caulfield - Xavier cruise home for an easy victory

Brighton Vs scotch - Scotch has way too many good players to lose

Carey Vs Haileybury - Could be an upset as a few haileybury players with state commitments and a few injury worries. But Haileybury should win

Geelong college Vs St Kevins - St Kevins in the tightest match for the round

Xavier are so soft it's laughable.

You won flags on the back of Watson, that nerd Luke Ball, who has/had no life besides school and study and other duds such as Richards etc.

Certainly round two's game of Haileybury V Xavier will be one of the games of the year, this should give a fair indication of the premiership favourites????

linga45 said:

You won flags on the back of Watson, that nerd Luke Ball, who has/had no life besides school and study and other duds such as Richards etc.
So the year they left and Xavier won the premiership who did they rely on? Did anyone get drafted that year? no. Ball in Year 12 only played about 6 games and had pubis the whole year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah looks like St Kevins and Geelong College will be a very tight affair. The long trip down the highway and the Geelong boys on their home turf might just be the difference. Xavier would be my best bet for next weekends round of matches.

who said haileybury and carey would be a close game!!!! haileybury vs Xavier will be the test to see who will win the premiership this week!

Wesley were an absolute joke this weekend.
Didnt play like a team, too many players not putting in 100% and too much unaccountability.
There is alot of scope for improvement.
Wesley lost by about 40 points i think.

just a report from Brighton on Saturday.

The Brighton vs Scotch clash, was billed as a clash of the titans. Reports saying the Brighton were training harder then Scotch during the pre-season spurred the Scotchies on. For Scotch:
The Aboriginal boys again showed glimpses of greatness and with more games under their belt the confidence will grow.
Nick Smith played off a HBF then on the ball in the 2nd Half. He was clearly the most skillful player out there, but G.Di<k is also a player with exceptional skills, overhead and by foot. No.41 for Scotch, Tim Mead, was their best player, repelling Brighton attacks and dominating general play off the backline.
Special mention to Henry Peters whose courageous act in the 1st quarter typified, backing into a big pack, Scotch's entire outlook on the season.
Rob Njoku will also be a handle for opposition ruck work, with his supreme palming giving the Scotch boys first usage every time.
A good win for the boys, without Ainger and the big full-forward, Jacobs only kicking 4.4.
Next week, sees Carey. A team i know nothing about, therefore i'm predicting a Scotch win, by 10goals.

just curious whether or not anyone knows when colman will be returning to the all conquering scotch side?

linga45 said:

If they're duds, how did we win the flags "off their backs"?

Idiot.

milnedog44 said:
The guy wouldn't know the best footy school in Melb if it hit him in the face.
I think he's still learning to master the english language - I'm astounded by the stupidity of that comment.

Remove this Banner Ad

APS Round One

Remove this Banner Ad

Back