Are Hawthorn 2008 the worst cup winning team ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

about 50 odd goals and 130 something marks and 40 something goals assits thats all....

CHAMPION what a CHAMPION! To Bad he chocked like you whole team did! look lets just lat it all out! you feral cats are bred to choke and the hawks are bred to shit all over you! We did it in 89 and we just did it again! people can say if geelong played there best- if geelong didn't miss those goals! Well guess what you ****IN did miss those goals and you did turn up but our pressure just ****ed you a new ass hole! JUst WEAK minded *****

for most of the season the opposition dont fall over they just cant handle the attack that geelong brings when we step up a gear not many teams can handle if any..

even commentators in the geelong vs dogs game during the season said the dogs were standing back in awe. this means they collapsed and didnt play, honey. sorry to burst your bubble. teams buy the hype. Hawthorn didnt, and geelong paid:) expect round 1 2009 to be a geelong win, maybe even the rematch, then expect finals to be very different.

Teams play for the Premiership, not to finish top of the ladder:thumbsu:

Not sure about that man..... They are a pretty good side - just have some delusional fans that have them a little higher up the all time great list than they should be...
ok:(im sorry. they are overrated though. if there was no such thing as newspapers or talk shows (yes, i know without these there would be no money for AFL) then noone would buy the hype (note the pun:))

I'm actually embarrassed to be a Cats fan reading this pish.. we were brilliant all season but on Grand Final day we were showed up, simple as that, if we'd brought our A game we might've done alright but we didn't and the Hawks did, we lost, get over it Catters.. come on.. no one gave anyone a premiership.. we were beaten by the better team on the day, it happens ('92 vs West Coast anyone?!)

I enjoyed our premiership success last year as much as the next Cats fan but seriously, does anyone really think Port Adelaide were the second best team last year? This year was a true 1st v 2nd battle, and we got beaten.. get over it.. given our showing against the Doggies in the prelim (and we were shyte, let's be honest) we were lucky to get within 5 goals!

Let the Hawks enjoy their flag like we did last year. Everyone knows we'll be playing off again in next year's decider anyway ;)

I'm actually embarrassed to be a Cats fan reading this pish.. we were brilliant all season but on Grand Final day we were showed up, simple as that, if we'd brought our A game we might've done alright but we didn't and the Hawks did, we lost, get over it Catters.. come on.. no one gave anyone a premiership.. we were beaten by the better team on the day, it happens ('92 vs West Coast anyone?!)

I enjoyed our premiership success last year as much as the next Cats fan but seriously, does anyone really think Port Adelaide were the second best team last year? This year was a true 1st v 2nd battle, and we got beaten.. get over it.. given our showing against the Doggies in the prelim (and we were shyte, let's be honest) we were lucky to get within 5 goals!

Let the Hawks enjoy their flag like we did last year. Everyone knows we'll be playing off again in next year's decider anyway ;)

Like i said before they deserved the premiership on the day

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good post - I like intelligent footy fans - and yes barring several key injuries the Cats will be hard to beat again next year.

for most of the season the opposition dont fall over they just cant handle the attack that geelong brings when we step up a gear not many teams can handle if any..

But when the Cats play a qulaity side and that individual selfish attacking style does not work they wet themselves and look like a bunch of handbags.

on second thoughts we should cut these guys a bit of slack. we dont understand, cos we get on average more than 2 premierships a decade since 60. these guys win only once every 44 years

Not sure if they're the worst team ever, but the President is definitely the uncoolest. Sure you're financially secure, successful and young - but you still gotta wince when that fkng stripey jacket gets a run.

Deep down I know you're going NO!!!, here's how I think a couple of Hawks fans might react...

"Oh no, he's put the jacket on again..."
"Why does he have to do that?"
"He looks like an Eastern Suburbs version of Joffa"
"Yeah, true"
"Hey, wanna go to the Geebung?"
"OK"
"Hey Toby?"
"Yeah Tristan?"
"Mate, the collar on your polo shirt has gone down"
"You serious?...sh!t, did anyone see me?"
"Don't think so, you're OK"
"Ha ha OWNED"
"What?..." <long silence>
"Hey I just realised something!"
"What?"
"No Geebung dude, we're in Tassie remember"

Let's be honest guys Hawthorn are the Brabury's of 08. It must sting, only scraping over the line due to the champions falling. Sure you go down in the record books as winning. To the mere casual observer, you're the 08 premiers. But to everyone that matters, anyone that has a shred of AFL knowledge the club is a joke, a disgrace and laughable as a premiership side. Sure you won, but to the rest of the AFL community you're a laughing stock. Hahahahhaha. I'm bloody embarrassed for the lot of you

based on the actual grand final you deserfed the grand final based on the year we deserved the premiership

So based on that the US should have won in Vietnam - but they didn't because the North Vietnamese were more determined, had better strategies, implemented those strategies well and better equiped on the day (Or duration!!!)

You deserved nothing - Every minor premier ever could post the same garbage you are putting forward.

Let's be honest guys Hawthorn are the Brabury's of 08. It must sting, only scraping over the line due to the champions falling. Sure you go down in the record books as winning. To the mere casual observer, you're the 08 premiers. But to everyone that matters, anyone that has a shred of AFL knowledge the club is a joke, a disgrace and laughable as a premiership side. Sure you won, but to the rest of the AFL community you're a laughing stock. Hahahahhaha. I'm bloody embarrassed for the lot of you

Fancy being beat by a side like this that would make Geelong the best home and away team ever.

You only matter to the extent that you provided the limp-wristed competition that allowed us to record our tenth premiership. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Are Hawthorn 2008 the worst cup winning team ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back