Are Melbourne the Softest team in the AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Travis Johnstone is the best player in the AFL full stop. When hes up and running no one can stop him. I know it hurts to admit that you other wa*kers, but he is. He showed it against the best midfield last yr the eagles when he raked up 29 touches

London-Tavern-Is-Filth said:
Only thing softer is that thing u buy at mcdonalds for around 50 cents

box of cookies?

The Hulkster said:
Brad Green
Adem Yze
Jeff White
Travis Johnstone
Cameron Bruce

These players are not soft they are ********s, thats totally different. With Johnstone being the worst.

People forget to mention our captain. D. Neitz, he would have to be the 'hardest' player at the footy club. Albeit a lacklusture start to the year, he gives 100% every time and will not shirk at a contest.

We have improved alot in our 'hardness' but still have a long way to go to reach the pinacle, Brisbane. As people have mentioned the improvement will come from Mclean, Slyvia, Pickett, Moloney, Miller McDonald, Whelan and Brown. I hope Doggy Brown is gonna be 'phased out' over this year, to hopefully Bell (who i'm not sold on yet either) and JMac gets over-run by Nathan Jones.

To Rick James
TJ is our best midfielder and i believe a great leader. He will shine this season, and all his pundits are only bagging him because of conceptions made when he was younger and need to open their eyes to the new and improved Travis Johnstone. He is and never will be a Michael Voss type midfielder and i don't care.

I don't really care who is 'captain'. A captain is merely a figure-head who does the media interviews. The real captain is the person who everyone at the club looks up to, be it Neitz, Miller, TJ, whoever. I do not know who it is.

TJ leads the club on field through his game, he has all the skills in the book and directs the play all the time. His team-mates look to him to get them out of trouble and will go in hard when necessary. An will produce an inspiring moment or two. Such as the quarter against the bombers, Elimination Final 04.

davo4030 said:
People forget to mention our captain. D. Neitz, he would have to be the 'hardest' player at the footy club. Albeit a lacklusture start to the year, he gives 100% every time and will not shirk at a contest.

We have improved alot in our 'hardness' but still have a long way to go to reach the pinacle, Brisbane. As people have mentioned the improvement will come from Mclean, Slyvia, Pickett, Moloney, Miller McDonald, Whelan and Brown. I hope Doggy Brown is gonna be 'phased out' over this year, to hopefully Bell (who i'm not sold on yet either) and JMac gets over-run by Nathan Jones.

To Rick James
TJ is our best midfielder and i believe a great leader. He will shine this season, and all his pundits are only bagging him because of conceptions made when he was younger and need to open their eyes to the new and improved Travis Johnstone. He is and never will be a Michael Voss type midfielder and i don't care.

I don't really care who is 'captain'. A captain is merely a figure-head who does the media interviews. The real captain is the person who everyone at the club looks up to, be it Neitz, Miller, TJ, whoever. I do not know who it is.

TJ leads the club on field through his game, he has all the skills in the book and directs the play all the time. His team-mates look to him to get them out of trouble and will go in hard when necessary. An will produce an inspiring moment or two. Such as the quarter against the bombers, Elimination Final 04.

Pickett's not allowed to play hard anymore, the AFL will send him home with a note to his parents the next time he puts a hip-and-shoulder on anybody.

The Hulkster said:
I say yes. After watching their performance on Friday night when the pressure is really on their "better" players go to water, just as they did in the finals last year.

Of Melbournes so called top players i declare the following "soft as"

Brad Green
Adem Yze
Jeff White
Travis Johnstone
Cameron Bruce

These players are supposed to be amongst your best. So how come they are all soft as butter. To be a top side you best players and so called leaders need to be hard at it players. Look at the top teams and compare these 5 with say the Lions, Power, Sydney or Geelong. Thats why Melbourne will never win a flag when it's better players are this soft.

Now i am not saying the whole side are soft. Players such as McDonald, Sylvia, McLean, Brown, Whelan and a few others are hard at it. But when a game is up for grabs and the stakes are high it is your leaders such as the above mentioned that you look to and Melbournes are soft.

Now i am not trolling here just offering an opinion that i think is valid. Melbourne will not win a flag because their better players a soft.

I wouldn't worry about Melbourne, If I were you I'd be more worried about Losing another FINAL. Seems to me like the Cats like doing that don't they ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lightning In A Bottle said:
Travis Johnstone is the best player in the AFL full stop. When hes up and running no one can stop him. I know it hurts to admit that you other wa*kers, but he is. He showed it against the best midfield last yr the eagles when he raked up 29 touches

As good as he is, he isn't the best. Also I thought that game was nowhere as near as good as some of his others, as in that match he uncharacteristically turned it over a fair bit.

London-Tavern-Is-Filth said:
u have replied 3 times today to my posts, the total time in responding is 11 mins. why dont you get a life and leave this fake world known as BigFooty

wtf respond time 11 minutes? I see a stupid post, it takes me all of 5 seconds to reply. Don't overrate yourself.

Asking me to get a life when I don't even remember ever, EVER, replying to your posts before until you started making threads, that's right entire threads about me.

I like the attention, I didn't get enough when I was a child, but I hardly think you should be giving out any advice on who has a life.

rick James said:
But where will we be in a couple of years? Imo our midfield will be top notch. Johnstone will still only be 27 in two years time and at the height of his powers, Miller will be 24-25 and really hitting his straps if he continues to work hard. rivers will be 23-24 and doing the same provided he doesn't go back to Adelaide.

Yet still... who is at FF and FB? Without teh bookends we'll still be rooted.

teh problem is, we dont' reward genuine on field leadership. Sure, we may not see how much GReen and Bruce are respected at the club, but on the field, where it counts, they give NOTHING.

I maintain that Travis Johnstone is our only GUN midfielder that when teh chips are down will generally produce something. At the very least he is ALWAYS teh guy that rallies the troops at huddles, ALWAYS directs traffic through the middle, and MAKES forwards lead to space with his kicking. He's our only true on field leader. Miller does his best, but it will take time. Moloney, Sylvia and McLean will all be able to make claims at some stage, but until that happens we should be placing TJ in AT LEAST the Vice Captaincy.

THE THE! not teh!

Stan8888 said:
These players are not soft they are ********s, thats totally different. With Johnstone being the worst.

yeah they are all crap arent they? White the AA, Yze the AA, Johnstone the best and fairest winner, Green one of the best left footers in the game and Bruce one of the most dynamic players at 190cm, 88kg. Just out of curiosity, why dont you state on your profile who you barrack for? Is it because the team you do go for is in the bottom three? So come on, fess up, who do you barrack for? then we can be critical of your players. ****ot.

The problem is that the critics don't know how to distinguish between 'soft' and 'skillful'. Johnstone is one of the most skilfull players in the league along with davey. These players (that you label as 'soft') dont have the role to bash and crash the packs, there role is to use their evasive skills to advantage. Just because players dont have evasive skills doesnt mean that they are hard players, it just means that they are bad players and cannot evade the tackler.

Green isnt soft, neither is White, or TJ, or anyone to tell you the truth. The difference is that some players use their evasive skills better than others. The problem is that we have too many players with these skills, but im not fussed because it cant be argued that we have the youngest nutcase in the competition in colin sylvia. Followed by Jordan Lewis.Followed by mclean. 2 of 3 ain bad.

oooze said:
Green isnt soft, neither is White, or TJ, or anyone to tell you the truth. The difference is that some players use their evasive skills better than others. The problem is that we have too many players with these skills, but im not fussed because it cant be argued that we have the youngest nutcase in the competition in colin sylvia. Followed by Jordan Lewis.Followed by mclean. 2 of 3 ain bad.

I'd throw Beamer ahead of all of them.

oooze said:
The problem is that the critics don't know how to distinguish between 'soft' and 'skillful'. Johnstone is one of the most skilfull players in the league along with davey. These players (that you label as 'soft') dont have the role to bash and crash the packs, there role is to use their evasive skills to advantage. Just because players dont have evasive skills doesnt mean that they are hard players, it just means that they are bad players and cannot evade the tackler.

[insert joke about kicking here]

Remove this Banner Ad

Are Melbourne the Softest team in the AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back