Are St Kilda the most un-professional sporting team in the world?

Are St Kilda the most unprofessional Sporting club in the world?

• Yes... they are tragic

Votes: 37 97.4%
  • Yes... but they should hang around for the laugh factor

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by windyhill
mr ed, you are glorifying Matthew Lloyd being knocked out in your avatar, but could still not beat Essendon that day, keep the laughs coming.

HA HA HA.... I think I know which supporter would have gone away from that game with more hope for the future. That was one of the most enjoyable finals I have seen the Eagles play.... for 1 reason. When the heat was on in the first few quarters... our midfield ripped yours to shreads. Judd, Cousins and Kerr absolutely dominated the opening to that match... Gardiner made Salmon look every bit of 50 years old..... only our inability to kick 5 or 6 goals at the start stopped us from winning that game. The fact Worsfold played a whole heap of kids who had barely played 10 games was proof enough that winning the game was not the most important thing... he played Sampi, MacDougall who had only played 1 game all year... and left out older experienced players to give these guys a taste. They are the future of the club who are going to have us up there contesting a flag in the next few years.

Then you look at Essendon. You gave away some of your best players. You then proceeded to fail to get a ruckman and they got rid of the only decent ruckman you had.... and now you are trying to get Paul Salmon to come out of retirement again at the age of 57. Oh and nice pick up getting Cupido.... he's made of paper and his body is held together by paperclips.... nice one!

All I can say is keep the laughs coming... because you are going to need a sense of humour to cope with the way Essendon are going to go for the next 5 years.

wce eagles have provided me with many laughs.
No.1 ...chris lewis kicking one goal at Windyhill as we completely outclassed and embarassed the "might" of w.a, thats right eddy, one goal, ohh the hilarity.
no.2...1993, sending them out of September, bye bye, no back to backs boys
no.3 ....1995, ditto
no.4....1996, ditto (blub blub blub, we should have played at home, blub blub blub) ..probably the longest laugh
no.5...2002, ditto
Keep em coming ed.

Originally posted by windyhill
wce eagles have provided me with many laughs.
No.1 ...chris lewis kicking one goal at Windyhill as we completely outclassed and embarassed the "might" of w.a, thats right eddy, one goal, ohh the hilarity.
no.2...1993, sending them out of September, bye bye, no back to backs boys
no.3 ....1995, ditto
no.4....1996, ditto (blub blub blub, we should have played at home, blub blub blub) ..probably the longest laugh
no.5...2002, ditto
Keep em coming ed.

Yes quite right... Essendon have provided me with a share of laughs in my time... lets see..

No1. Eagles fans waving the jackets in Sheedys face.
No2. Seeing Hird crying on the bench after he pulled his hamstring in the first minute of a game at the MCG that we beat u in.
No3. Seeing Hird clutching his face on Subi oval earlier this year.
No4. Seeing Lloyd knocked out cold in the final. That was fun.
No5. Watching Lockett kick a point after the siren against Essendin in the final in 1996. I laughed that night.
No6. Watching the most useless Essendon player ever Wallis trying to be Phil Manassa and get around the whole Carlton team in the final in 2000 and get tackled with seconds to go.

I coudl go on and on and on....

Originally posted by Mr_Ed

Yes quite right... Essendon have provided me with a share of laughs in my time... lets see..

No2. Seeing Hird crying on the bench after he pulled his hamstring in the first minute of a game at the MCG that we beat u in.
No5. Watching Lockett kick a point after the siren against Essendin in the final in 1996. I laughed that night.
No6. Watching the most useless Essendon player ever Wallis trying to be Phil Manassa and get around the whole Carlton team in the final in 2000 and get tackled with seconds to go.

So coudl I,
Love it how you take it off The Ess/wc theme, usual trait when someone`s on the run, struggling, getting belted.

The Biggest laugh I got from the Eagles last season was knocking them out of the finals and beating them by 33 points, I LOVED IT.

Originally posted by MJ_RULES

The Biggest laugh I got from the Eagles last season was knocking them out of the finals and beating them by 33 points, I LOVED IT.

Ohh and you had it over us all day didnt you???
Lets face it...the game was neck and neck all day till we ran out of puff in the last quarter after yet again being ripped off by being made to play on the saturday game rather than the sunday game!
The AFL=The VFL in disguise

Originally posted by carlyp

Lets face it...the game was neck and neck all day till we ran out of puff in the last quarter after yet again being ripped off by being made to play on the saturday game rather than the sunday game!

hahahaha :rolleyes:

LOL I wouldn't go as far to say we were ripped off by the AFL. Yes it was unfair that we had to play Saturday... Yes we shouldn't have had to travel to Canberra the week before..... but you can't honestly think there is an anti-WA thing going on in Victoria. It was fair to say the AFL probably wouldn't had thought we would have made the finals judging by the fixturing... and they admitted they made a mistake... so have scheduled home games in round 22 from now on....

but yes.. Essendon supporters are kidding themselves if they think they walked away from that game with more to look forward to in the future than the Eagles. Even Essendon fans who are friends of mine acknowleged that the Eagles are going to be a very very good side in the very near future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL I wouldn't go as far to say we were ripped off by the AFL. Yes it was unfair that we had to play Saturday... Yes we shouldn't have had to travel to Canberra the week before..... but you can't honestly think there is an anti-WA thing going on in Victoria. It was fair to say the AFL probably wouldn't had thought we would have made the finals judging by the fixturing... and they admitted they made a mistake... so have scheduled home games in round 22 from now on....

but yes.. Essendon supporters are kidding themselves if they think they walked away from that game with more to look forward to in the future than the Eagles. Even Essendon fans who are friends of mine acknowleged that the Eagles are going to be a very very good side in the very near future.

Yeah but they could have changed the finals fixtures around. They certainly would have if Collingwood were in the same position as the Eagles were in would it? The fixture would have been changed to help the pies out wouldnt it.....
Agree with your 2nd paragraph!

We had no Hird and no Lloyd for that game don't forget, and we still did you by 33... hahaha
The end result was never in doubt in my eyes.
The Bombers were always going to win that game....
2003 we will see, but I tell you now, the Bombers will finish above the Eagles, as usual..........hahahaha :D

We had no Hird and no Lloyd for that game don't forget, and we still did you by 33... hahaha
The end result was never in doubt in my eyes.
The Bombers were always going to win that game....
2003 we will see, but I tell you now, the Bombers will finish above the Eagles, as usual..........hahahaha :D

We'll see about that!!! Come back and talk to me at the end of season 2003!

sad

Face facts you never have Hird in Finals cos he is always on the side lines crying. Sad when you are still relying on the same players, no one has stepped up at all or even looks like it. WC have good young players, you should try and get some at Bummer land.

If you cant see that the Eagles gave you a run for your money then your stupider than I thought. I bet that if we'd been given the Sunday game then we could have held on.......

Yes the Eagles played OK I never said they didn’t, but the end result was never in doubt in my mind.

Yes the Eagles played OK I never said they didn’t, but the end result was never in doubt in my mind.

Bull! We had you beaten for atleast the first half....3rd half went your way but you only got 2 goals ahead...in the 4th there was no doubt ofcourse but it didnt all go your way

Re: sad

Originally posted by morgoth
Face facts you never have Hird in Finals cos he is always on the side lines crying. Sad when you are still relying on the same players, no one has stepped up at all or even looks like it. WC have good young players, you should try and get some at Bummer land.

No one too step up?
hahah stop it your killing me.... :D
Bolt's, Jacobs, Hunt, Harvey, Reynolds and don't forget young Watson........Theres a few just off the top of my head...
The future is bright at Bomber land.........

Thats your response to the Spider Everitt debacle? Typical non-intelligent response that I would expect from a person who has experienced no joy in their football supporting lifetime.

ps: Surely thats not your picture that you put in your avatar is it? because if it is that is one of the saddest things I have ever seen... Mr Hardcore.

LOL... Yes it is... I'm a metaller, the sign of the beast and i'm proud that i listen to decent music.. Whats yours?.. Popstars?.. A horse getting ****** from behind?.. Please elighten me :eek:

come-back

As I said no one! Pretty desperate when you start mentioning kids who haven't trained let alone played.

This pathetic drivel just about sums up Western Australians in one convenient post .......... the entire AFL comp is simply a backdrop to your inferiority complex (not to mention a cesspit of racism)..............honestly, how many Eagles supporters can even name other teams' players?

At least most of us barrack for a football club, not a half-arsed corporation like your little "toy team".........In fact, why doesn't thew whole of WA just hurry up and cecede, and stop embarrassing the rest of the country......

Cheers
Rupert
(from the enlightened eastern states)

Remove this Banner Ad

Are St Kilda the most un-professional sporting team in the world?

Back