Are the Swans done?

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon no premier in the last 20-30 years has had a 100 point loss in the season, let alone in a month before finals. I don't have facts to back that up, just a hunch.

Port lost to North Melbourne by 90+ in 2004.

This was THE biggest flogging of the year and indeed the only 100+ point loss. West Coast and Richmond bad a couple of 90+ beltings. And this is the top team, it's pretty strange. Only Geelong vs Collingwood in round 9 2008 comes to mind and Geelong was resting a lot of players on purpose if I recall.

Tigers lost the game before their dynasty by 113 points, to the Swans themselves as it happens.

This shows the Swans will win the 2024 flag and probably more to follow. :)
Huh? Biggest loss in 2017 was 76 points way back in Round 6 against Crows.

Crazy season where current form is not reflected on the ladder. I’m about 70% sure my team won’t play finals (who look great) and the Swans are still going to be on top of the ladder at the end of this round and they are total shite. Wacky as hell.

theres a small part of me hope its such a wacky season that a side looking as shit as us wins 🤣

The other part of me is like just get us out of the 8

theres a small part of me hope its such a wacky season that a side looking as shit as us wins 🤣

The other part of me is like just get us out of the 8
Funny thing is you’ve been the outlier to that shit all year.

Now, well…..

Joining Welcome Home GIF

Funny thing is you’ve been the outlier to that shit all year.

Now, well…..

Joining Welcome Home GIF

The worst one🤣 Hooray

Maybe the whole team can do a Heeney hostage video

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waste of a spot in the 8. Same as last year. Definitely don't deserve it.

Just bomb out and let teams who want to actually turn up play.

If they make it they deserve it , I mean had this big gap they pissed away for a reason.

but they don't look like they want to turn up and play so your point remains

I mean we saw what they can do in the first half of the year.

That was better than anything else anyone has shown this year.

If they can re-discover that then they are still a chance. The players are still there so its just a system and confidence thing.

Their midfield group is too young and probably running out of juice
Rowbottom 6th season
Warner 5th season
Gulden 4th season
Heeney 1st season as full time mid
Mills the experienced one but may as well have not returned from injury based on form

Can see why they brought in Adams, who has been solid but isn’t reinventing the wheel.

If they can hold onto top two then finals is a clean slate.

Last edited:
Huh? Biggest loss in 2017 was 76 points way back in Round 6 against Crows.
Indeed, who they humiliated in the GF.
The cockiness that round 6 win gave Crows really set them up for failure. At least one player could really spread out on the flight back!

Indeed, who they humiliated in the GF.
The cockiness that round 6 win gave Crows really set them up for failure. At least one player could really spread out on the flight back!
Doesn’t mean what old mate said makes any sense. Nor is any of what he said true.

Carlton won the flag in 1945. In round 3 of that season they were beaten 150-50 by Essendon.
Not looking good for Sydney, completely smashed last night.
That one time a Premier has suffered a 100 point loss in their season was hugely compromised by war.
That 1945 Round 3 100 point loss by Premiers Carlton, had a team with 11 players who didn’t play in the Grand Final months later. A world war will do that to player availability.
So realistically NO team has won a flag suffering a 100 point loss in any ‘normal’ season in over 120 years.

Doesn’t mean what old mate said makes any sense. Nor is any of what he said true.
Richmond lost the last game of 2016 to the Swans by 113 points. Not exactly the same as losing by 100 points in the year they won a flag but they're done, they lost to us yesterday ffs, so its more case of that poster desperately trying to remind us they were once a good side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Are the Swans done?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back